Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 776. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Great! Please gimme url and company for 28nm? I need some next week... Wink
Please gimme url for labcoin 130nm chips. I need some next week... Wink

Uhm, yeah, sorry, 1 week is probably not possible.
But PM Swede, he'll arrange it and you'll probably have chips in two weeks.

Funny enough that ActM is waiting for 110nm Avalon chips to deliver, so that Ken chould have some pity hashpower to pay tiny dividend.
Funny enough Labcoin is paying zero dividends because they have no hashpower. The Avalon chips are nothing more than a stepping stone while the 28nm chips are manufactured.

The Avalon chips were nothing but a bad investment, that is all you can call them. ActM, and thus their shareholders, have payed more money on them than they will get out of them.
Calling getting the Avalons a "stepping stone" is really kind of delusional. All that should be important is the development of their own ASICs.
All this business with creating Avalon clones is just wasted time and effort that could go towards getting their real business going.
And you say it like they're doing that on the side "while the 28nm chips are manufactured"... Dude. They are not being manufactured. Have they even started to develop them, at all? I'm seriously asking, because all I could understand was that eASIC is supposed to eventually start developing them, but nothing like that seems to even have started. If I'm wrong, please correct me with some evidence (and with evidence I mean just a post where they say they have started with it, not really hard evidence).
I've asked several times about NRE payment in ActM's thread, get answered that Ken can't say about it because of NDA, is it logic? I've sold all my holding in ActM since then.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
TheSwede,

Will you guys also offer the mining hardware at almost cost for shareholders? Just wondering about this, it would be nice if shareholders can purchase mining hardware at cost for themselves also.

Thanks

I would vote against clearly. There is no reason the ownership of some shares should diminish the income of all other shareholders. And throwing away hashingpower for a low price and creating cheap competition this way would be stupid too. Theres no reason to give a single person an advantage about all others this way. When one wants to buy hashingpower he can buy shares, thats it.

+1. Being a shareholder in Exxon-Mobil doesn't get you discount gasoline and there's no reason why this would be any different.
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Well, actually shareholders do get a better deal if they buy from their own company. They will get some money back in the form of divident...  Grin

Funny enough that ActM is waiting for 110nm Avalon chips to deliver, so that Ken chould have some pity hashpower to pay tiny dividend.
Funny enough Labcoin is paying zero dividends because they have no hashpower. The Avalon chips are nothing more than a stepping stone while the 28nm chips are manufactured.
One claimed to produce 28nm chip treat pre ordered 110nm chips as step stone. Treat the pity 500gh hashpower and the tiny mining dividend as  confidence building thing compared to others.

What do I have to say?  Well, WTF is labcoin doing, why not buy some avalon chips and start mining and paying dividend earlier?  I am so disappointed as shareholer.

Activity: 369
Anyone who thinks shareholders should get equipment sent to them at wholesale price must be out of their mind.

Its outrageous and would not be supported.

Name *one* other company who would entertain such an idea.
Activity: 392

Uhm, yeah, sorry, 1 week is probably not possible.
But PM Swede, he'll arrange it and you'll probably have chips in two weeks.

The Avalon chips were nothing but a bad investment, that is all you can call them. ActM, and thus their shareholders, have payed more money on them than they will get out of them.
Calling getting the Avalons a "stepping stone" is really kind of delusional. All that should be important is the development of their own ASICs.
All this business with creating Avalon clones is just wasted time and effort that could go towards getting their real business going.
And you say it like they're doing that on the side "while the 28nm chips are manufactured"... Dude. They are not being manufactured. Have they even started to develop them, at all? I'm seriously asking, because all I could understand was that eASIC is supposed to eventually start developing them, but nothing like that seems to even have started. If I'm wrong, please correct me with some evidence (and with evidence I mean just a post where they say they have started with it, not really hard evidence).
Activity: 266

Comming! haha Smiley

Not yet indeed! When they start to mine they will pay dividends Smiley
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?

They will: Produce, Mine, Sell, full package!
Nobody is going to buy 130nm chips when there will be multiple companies at 28nm, ASICMINER producing 65nm, etc. I think the best you can hope for is mining with the chips at cost, or of course short term speculation which has been very profitable for me.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Please show me ONE Bitcoin security contract that states a share represents ownership.

- Regularly communicate the project financials to share holders in a way that lets share holders evaluate the performance, capital outlay and future of the project.

- Pay regular dividends amounting to a percentual share of ownership in the company on a bi-weekly basis. The dividends paid will consist of between 70-80% all profits while 20-30% of profits will be held as a reinvestment fund for development, marketing and manufacturing. ALL share holders have the right to an equal share of dividends directly based on their ownerhsip.

God your to fucking dumb it's not even funny,

This right here you useless space of molecules verifies that share holders are owners, it admits that owning shares ties into ownership: "ALL share holders have the right to an equal share of dividends directly based on their ownerhsip. "

Not to mention that the founders own the same shares we do and they are considered owners. The fact that being a shareholder is represented as being an actual owner in the company, these are all representations made for the contract.

If you can't see that like i said please stop wasting molecular space.

Ownership clearly refers to owning shares, nothing to do with a share of the company. And a right to dividends only is explained because of the ownership of shares, not with the ownership of the company.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
TheSwede,

Will you guys also offer the mining hardware at almost cost for shareholders? Just wondering about this, it would be nice if shareholders can purchase mining hardware at cost for themselves also.

Thanks

I would vote against clearly. There is no reason the ownership of some shares should diminish the income of all other shareholders. And throwing away hashingpower for a low price and creating cheap competition this way would be stupid too. Theres no reason to give a single person an advantage about all others this way. When one wants to buy hashingpower he can buy shares, thats it.
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?
Nobody is going to buy 130nm chips when there will be multiple companies at 28nm, ASICMINER producing 65nm, etc. I think the best you can hope for is mining with the chips at cost, or of course short term speculation which has been very profitable for me.
donator
Activity: 1120
@demzie @yuansuyi, Thank you.

What is the foundry, SMIC or TSMC?

Should be TSMC, CL013G process, MPW (at least according to the document posted on their website - http://labcoin.com/docs/3.jpeg). I´m not aware they did confirm this, so I´d take it with a grain of salt.

If it is MPW, how is it possible to get 2500 chips at first run? MPW only gets you tens of chips. This is what makes me wondering as well.
Activity: 393
Anyone can summarize a little bit what's going on with Labcoin?
2.7W/GHs @130nm is very promising team. All of this turned out to be a scam or something?
If not, when will they deliver the product, what is the foundry?

No, people here are just bitching to each other, nothing to do with labcoin..

Would be nice if the OP could fork the thread...
donator
@demzie @yuansuyi, Thank you.

What is the foundry, SMIC or TSMC?

Their first run is a MPW or full mask?

What is the time plan for 65/55nm?

All of the hashing power will be deployed by Labcoin, or will they sell some to the community?

2.7W/GHs @130nm is very promising team. All of this turned out to be a scam or something?

No, people here are just bitching to each other, nothing to do with labcoin..
donator
Jump to: