Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 843. (Read 1079974 times)

Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Now that the heat is down, can we actually discuss the real stuff? Smiley

@TheSwede75

As the person in charge of PR/communication at the moment, can you please address the following posts? They are important claims/questions that need to be answered so that possible investors can get a better sense of the potential of your venture.

TECHNICAL ASPECTS (needs to be addressed by a dev):

If those are the correct specs, then I'm sorry but... LOL!!!

For that to be possible, not only each Labcoin core would have to be ~42% smaller [65/130*(6.5^2)/(7.1^2)] than each BFL core but also the Labcoin chip would magically operate at a higher frequency (300MHz vs 250MHz) while keeping the same power draw... Roll Eyes

Since there are several new companies going for the 130nm route with the excuse that manufacturing costs are much cheaper, might as well burst that bubble too: It's not. Nothing beats going 28nm now, except for the fact that the upfront NRE cost is much higher.

ACTM wait up to six months. . LOL. . . Time is money

It is of course up to all investors to draw their own conclusions and believe what they want regarding what density (130, 110, 65, 55 or 28 nm) deliver the best ROI over time.

labcoin has made the choice to go with 130 nm as gen 1 and 65 nm as gen 2 for several reasons. Some of these reasons are NRE costs, fabrication costs, available developer resources, capital procurement and availability of Foundry shuttles and production slots.

We are certainly not claiming that 28 nm is a "bad choice" by default, but for a smaller project not wanting to be forced to raise millions of dollars and bet "everything" on a single development project or risk total failure (Bitfury did this, and it seems they were lucky enough to actually come out with positive results). Then staying with lesser density that is cheaper and offer far more flexible production options just makes sense.

Maybe worth pointing out that the graph you pasted has almost no relation to ANY ASIC manufacturer as it refers to large scale generalized production of IC. As as much as I would like to think that Labcoin shortly will be ordering $100 million dollar IC production runs I doubt that is very closely connected with reality.

The cost of a 28nm wafer is more or less the same as a 130nm wafer. The only real difference is NRE cost and having the expertise to develop on 28nm, that's the real bet.

Bitfury went full-custom standard cell and it worked OK for them, but that's the risk of going full-custom at first. You have the same risk, since your 130nm chip has a lot of sketchy specs. I would rather you commented on those, especially on the part where you claim to develop a faster and more power efficient chip than BFL (also standard cell) with transistors that have DOUBLE the size (130nm vs 65nm) and require much higher voltages (power consumption scales with the square of voltage).

The graph above is for ANY ASIC manufacturer, as it compares a Normalized Transistor Cost (wafer cost + packaging + etc) to a timeline, based on yields/wafer, die sizes and wafer cost. The production costs on new die sizes quickly go down after some time.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?

And you make a valid point, really. The question is timing. Look at BFL and potentially KnC. Avalon and ASICMiner went with the larger die size. ASICMiner deployed en mass first. Avalon shipped their miners first. Sure, go for the 28 nm but if it takes you 2-4 months longer to receive and deploy, do you still have the advantage? Those that chose the larger die have been mining and now have funds for more R & D. Pick your poison.

Indeed, time to market is very important (especially with bigger dies), but their 130nm delivery estimates are on Q4 2013, right where every 28nm chip maker is also going also...

The last months of 2013 are going to be pretty interesting indeed. Grin

http://labcoin.com/docs/2.jpg

Activity: 120
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
Any chance of an update Swede? Just eagerly waiting some news!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
yep but when they will, air will be expensive Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
A lot of people were here for the pump and dump thing but maybe some of them will realize that labcoin could become more than that. Why not hold 1-2 weeks and see what happens.

Agreed, but at this moment Labcoin still has a lot to prove.
Currently those shares are worth nothing. That's 0.003 BTC for Air.
A lot of people were here for the pump and dump thing but maybe some of them will realize that labcoin could become more than that. Why not hold 1-2 weeks and see what happens.
Activity: 406
I was aiming to buy 500 shares, so I doubled my bid and ended with 394. Still pretty nice.
Activity: 420
I dunno, I purchased shares because I hope Labcoin succeeds.  That's it. 

Not gonna complain about price, but the process totally sucked.  "What we're going to do is pile on as much BTC at this rate as possible then go to %".  So when I first put in my order there were around ~8m shares purchased, by the time it closed it was almost 3x that.  Unfortunately I moved my BTC around early in anticipation of getting roughly 1000 shares, ended up with 385. 

As with anything in BTC (and life), if you are relatively new to the market (or not some BTC baron) you generally lose in these cases.  I'll be happy with my 385 for now.  The sad thing is that anyone who really is *new* to BTC sees nothing but fucked up IPO's, vaporware ASIC vendors, the Avalon and BFL camps lobbing grenades at one another, and AsicMiner retiring off of their 2013 earnings.  It is amazing people are still hopping on this bandwagon, it practically punishes you for being new. Wink
As there were more than 14 mio IPO's bids before the release, the price of 0.002 is kinda the price of the IPO adjusted. 0.003 is still a good price.

USA is waking up, price will rise.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Looks like it's slowly going down back to IPO price.
I guess lot's of people took the 300-400% profit and be done with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM's price suddenly jumped up again.

Anyway, easy money, like any IPO nowadays.

No, it doesn't look like that at all.

To each his own opinion of course, but if you look at the chart, the trend is down.

The "trend" being the last few hours of overnight in the US.   Sure, draw your conclusions from that.

to me it looks like it's trading in a range.... +/- 0.002 to 0.003
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
The "trend" being the last few hours of overnight in the US.   Sure, draw your conclusions from that.
And less than 24 hours after the IPO (unless you count the early bidding Tongue).  Seriously, short termists everywhere.

To each his own opinion of course, but if you look at the chart, the trend is down.

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
It was like taking candy from a baby last night... Didn't sleep much but I can't complain about the volatility....  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

Don't make me go into the shenanigans you were trying with the order editing while I was processing everything.  You're lucky I didn't completely purge your order.   Wink

Yes, probably it was my brother  Wink
Anyway I've read just now about the non working order editing function so it was my fault, sorry Burnside.. Next time I should probably check better what's going on btct with so much traffic.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
I placed my bid @.001 ~10 mins before asset locking and went to bed. This morning I woke up and...not a single share purchased. This is completely ridiculous. Rules, times and everything must be clear at least 24 hrs before IPO. This was пълен ташак. Sad
so I had to buy at 2x IPo price
When I woke up the price was 0.0034 already Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
I was effectively banned from bidding in Labcoins's IPO by jamming my BTC somewhere inside BTCT.CO
I can see my depositing transaction on blockchain and even on deposit history tab  but not on my account
No answers from support

Thanks a lot for that kind of service

I was clear earlier today that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the support requests.  That was the price for custom-coding a whole new IPO method on short notice.  Sad

The deposits that did not get into your balance (as displayed on the top of the screen) can be reset by hitting the "refresh" button on the wallet page or (as many discovered) by triggering a small withdrawal.  Both actions force a "re-check/balance validation" with the underlying bitcoind wallet account.

And definitely worth mentioning; the way the auction style IPO was going the first 7 million shares would have been north of 0.002 anyway.

Yes, It is disappointing.. I went to bed with bid @ 0.0012 and not a single share was purchased, so I had to buy at 2x IPo price

Hmmm... this must have been the other GIANNAT:

Code:
Jul 31 22:58:12 site-01 btct.co process_ask Sale LABCOIN to GIANNAT: 985 @ 0.00100000 BTC

Don't make me go into the shenanigans you were trying with the order editing while I was processing everything.  You're lucky I didn't completely purge your order.   Wink

legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader
I placed my bid @.001 ~10 mins before asset locking and went to bed. This morning I woke up and...not a single share purchased. This is completely ridiculous. Rules, times and everything must be clear at least 24 hrs before IPO. This was пълен ташак. Sad
Yes, It is disappointing.. I went to bed with bid @ 0.0012 and not a single share was purchased, so I had to buy at 2x IPo price
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I was effectively banned from bidding in Labcoins's IPO by jamming my BTC somewhere inside BTCT.CO
I can see my depositing transaction on blockchain and even on deposit history tab  but not on my account
No answers from support

Thanks a lot for that kind of service

As a workaround: Try to withdraw an amount larger than your current balance. The withdrawal will fail, but your account balance will be updated.

Press refresh a few times if you haven't tried it a lot yet
Jump to: