Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 840. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Outstanding 10000000 / 10000000 Issued
what's going on? Huh

10,000,000 shares exist, 7,000,000 offered at IPO and founders own the other 3,000,000.
so,they are free to sell?
so that's why the price falling?

It will be a very bad situation.
Zero share holding means zero responsibility to shareholder's profits.
I don't think they are selling, they have just been issued the shares - someone had to be issued the shares. 10M total, 3M to them, and 7M to investors at BTC.001

I believe this was discussed earlier but the 3 mill had to be issues the founders.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
what's going on? Huh

10,000,000 shares exist, 7,000,000 offered at IPO and founders own the other 3,000,000.

I don't think they are selling, they have just been issued the shares - someone had to be issued the shares. 10M total, 3M to them, and 7M to investors at BTC.001
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
what's going on? Huh

Activity: 378
labcoin transactions are frozen again. Can't buy or sell.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
what's going on? Huh

Activity: 234
Merit: 100
what's going on? Huh

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
what's going on? Huh

Activity: 234
what's going on? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
We would like to say thanks all to all the investors for the amount of trust being put in our venture, which led to a very successful IPO; we understand the frustration for the early issue regarding timing and shares distribution, unfortunately it depended on factors beyond our control.
These problems are now left behind and we look forward to give more detailed informations about our products and business model, we only ask to keep the thread relevant and post actual questions to let us track and reply them easily.
A big thanks to burnside and TheSwede75 for all the work done.

Sam Noi

Hi Sam,

gratulations on this IPO. There are four questions I have in mind right now and I'll start with quotes:

1. Chip specifications

According to the preliminary specs (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2664903) this chip should perform better than the BFL ASIC (65 nm) while occupying even smaller silicon area. I'm a total noob when it comes to chip designing, so can't even guess if it's possible. Any idea?

BFL - 65 nm, 16 cores, 250 MH/s each, 4 GH/s total, die size 7.1 x 7.1 mm, 12.8 W total
Labcoin - 130 nm, 16 cores, 300 MH/s each, 4.8 GH/s total, die size 6.5 x 6.5 mm, 12.8 W total

For that to be possible, not only each Labcoin core would have to be ~42% smaller [65/130*(6.5^2)/(7.1^2)] than each BFL core but also the Labcoin chip would magically operate at a higher frequency (300MHz vs 250MHz) while keeping the same power draw...

How did you achieve to create an allegedly superior chip and can you confirm those specifications?

2. 130 nm vs. newer technology

The cost of a 28nm wafer is more or less the same as a 130nm wafer. The only real difference is NRE cost and having the expertise to develop on 28nm, that's the real bet.

Bitfury went full-custom standard cell and it worked OK for them, but that's the risk of going full-custom at first. You have the same risk, since your 130nm chip has a lot of sketchy specs. I would rather you commented on those, especially on the part where you claim to develop a faster and more power efficient chip than BFL (also standard cell) with transistors that have DOUBLE the size (130nm vs 65nm) and require much higher voltages (power consumption scales with the square of voltage).

The graph above is for ANY ASIC manufacturer, as it compares a Normalized Transistor Cost (wafer cost + packaging + etc) to a timeline, based on yields/wafer, die sizes and wafer cost. The production costs on new die sizes quickly go down after some time.

What are the benefits to stick to 130 nm?

3. ETA

Is your 130 nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? Can you give a more precise time?

4. General timeline

What are your plans for the next days and months?

By the way, I would be thrilled to see some pictures from your work and lab. Wink

Thanks.
Activity: 154
Labcoin.com
We would like to say thanks all to all the investors for the amount of trust being put in our venture, which led to a very successful IPO; we understand the frustration for the early issue regarding timing and shares distribution, unfortunately it depended on factors beyond our control.
These problems are now left behind and we look forward to give more detailed informations about our products and business model, we only ask to keep the thread relevant and post actual questions to let us track and reply them easily.
A big thanks to burnside and TheSwede75 for all the work done.

Sam Noi
Activity: 546
They should have alot of extra to work with since the figure they gave was if bitcoin was priced around $90.

The price is still around $95 on the "real" exchanges. MtGox price is b.s. because you are seriously limited in how much you can withdraw in USD ($1k a day).  It would be kind of difficult to fund a business that requires $100k+ payments by selling BTC there.

Although this "The price is higher in China" thing is certainly interesting to hear...

you can withdraw $100,000 per day from Mt. Gox  

there are two levels of additional levels of verification required, and the second level is not published.
Vbs
Activity: 504
UPDATE:

I just talked to Sam Noi and he is scheduling a Q/A session with chip developer/designer in the next 1-2 days. I will leave it to Sam to comment here with date/time for a developer to log in and take questions, etc.

Great! Smiley

Now, can you please comment on the Q4 2013 delivery schedule?
Activity: 393
UPDATE:

I just talked to Sam Noi and he is scheduling a Q/A session with chip developer/designer in the next 1-2 days. I will leave it to Sam to comment here with date/time for a developer to log in and take questions, etc.

Perfect!
Activity: 224
UPDATE:

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
That said your bitcoin assets can still be used for other purposes if you are willing to earn interest on your bitcoin capital you can either hold it and make sure they are secure or put them in some bonds such as coinlenders or just-dice for a period of time.

Another possibility is to use AM as they are still providing yields on their shares in the inter-min period before your chips are developed and become a shareholder on the Friedcat list which is pretty secure less price risk of course.

Either way this is all pocket advice I would prefer the bitcoin going to development but if there is any bitcoin left sitting around it would be nice to have it doing something  Wink

Absolutely not!!

Covert half to fiat rmb/usd/euro/chf basket would be better idea.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
That said your bitcoin assets can still be used for other purposes if you are willing to earn interest on your bitcoin capital you can either hold it and make sure they are secure or put them in some bonds such as coinlenders or just-dice for a period of time.

Another possibility is to use AM as they are still providing yields on their shares in the inter-min period before your chips are developed and become a shareholder on the Friedcat list which is pretty secure less price risk of course.

Either way this is all pocket advice I would prefer the bitcoin going to development but if there is any bitcoin left sitting around it would be nice to have it doing something  Wink

Absolutely not!!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Activity: 238
They should have alot of extra to work with since the figure they gave was if bitcoin was priced around $90.

The price is still around $95 on the "real" exchanges. MtGox price is b.s. because you are seriously limited in how much you can withdraw in USD ($1k a day).  It would be kind of difficult to fund a business that requires $100k+ payments by selling BTC there.

Although this "The price is higher in China" thing is certainly interesting to hear...
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
I'm dumping my shares.  Talks about operating the security as a ponzi scheme should not be taken lightly.  This is exactly the type of publicity we don't need in the BTC security marketplace.

It's far fetched to claim this is a ponzi. All they say is "We have 7000 Bitcoin now and we don't want everything converted to fiat", because they want to keep some coins for liquidity reasons and to avoid fiat to Bitcoin exchanges afterwards. I don't see any problem with that, but if you still do, please elaborate.

As I understood it, they were hoping the IPO to bring in at least 4000BTC. The kind of mania we saw was not a sure thing. I interpret this to mean that 4000BTC is the absolute minimum they need, and anything above that could legitimately be held for later use. On the other hand I'm very interested in hearing more details about this.

Activity: 337
Merit: 252
I'm dumping my shares.  Talks about operating the security as a ponzi scheme should not be taken lightly.  This is exactly the type of publicity we don't need in the BTC security marketplace.

It's far fetched to claim this is a ponzi. All they say is "We have 7000 Bitcoin now and we don't want everything converted to fiat", because they want to keep some coins for liquidity reasons and to avoid fiat to Bitcoin exchanges afterwards. I don't see any problem with that, but if you still do, please elaborate.

As I understood it, they were hoping the IPO to bring in at least 4000BTC. The kind of mania we saw was not a sure thing. I interpret this to mean that 4000BTC is the absolute minimum they need, and anything above that could legitimately be held for later use. On the other hand I'm very interested in hearing more details about this.
Jump to: