Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 839. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Looks like it's slowly going down back to IPO price.
I guess lot's of people took the 300-400% profit and be done with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM's price suddenly jumped up again.

Anyway, easy money, like any IPO nowadays.

No, it doesn't look like that at all.

Jup, Down it is.

Yeah, down until the Labcoin founders come in here and give their rosy predictions for the future and then like a wave the hoard will jump in.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Looks like it's slowly going down back to IPO price.
I guess lot's of people took the 300-400% profit and be done with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM's price suddenly jumped up again.

Anyway, easy money, like any IPO nowadays.

No, it doesn't look like that at all.

Jup, Down it is.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
If the founders own the other 3million, why are they issued on the exchange at all? The can keep those shares privately held and still earn the dividends form them. With the shares issued on the exchange as they are, the founders could cash out their shares at any point and noone would be any the wiser.
I agree.

I guess they haven't realised this, but who knows.
It would be nice for them to address this problem.

Maybe they could share their btct.co portfolio?

+1

In BTCT.co, shares are not marked as Outstanding unless they have been sold, or transferred to another account. The LabCoin portfolio is likely empty, unless they buy back shares to run up the price...
Activity: 104
If the founders own the other 3million, why are they issued on the exchange at all? The can keep those shares privately held and still earn the dividends form them. With the shares issued on the exchange as they are, the founders could cash out their shares at any point and noone would be any the wiser.
I agree.

+1
Activity: 275
I agree.

this is an excellent idea and takes no effort
Vbs
Activity: 504
I agree.

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Here's a question: Do you guys have a target in mind of what % of the network hashrate you'd like to achieve?  ASICMiner targets 20%, BTCGarden plans on getting 35% (doubtful, IMO)

these companies are going to put btcguild and others out of biz
Maybe little hashpower will concentrate to big mining pool like btcguild and 50btc.
Other smaller mining pools will be forced out.

Labcoin can sell to BTCguild and 50BTC and make massive profits while also mining.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
I agree.

It doesn't mean anything. This is just make believe anyway. Do realize that legally you don't own anything? If the real owners want to screw you they can, and there is nothing you can do about it.

[edit] Actually, it means one thing: the dividends will be payed to all 10M shares. Which is just what the stockholder agreement says.

I take that back. That was stupid of me.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
I agree.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Outstanding 10000000 / 10000000 Issued
what's going on? Huh

10,000,000 shares exist, 7,000,000 offered at IPO and founders own the other 3,000,000.

Activity: 964
Merit: 509
The mining pool / solo mining doesn´t really matter right now.

It´s all about bringing the hashing power online as soon as possible.
Activity: 448
Here's a question: Do you guys have a target in mind of what % of the network hashrate you'd like to achieve?  ASICMiner targets 20%, BTCGarden plans on getting 35% (doubtful, IMO)

Maybe little hashpower will concentrate to big mining pool like btcguild and 50btc.
Other smaller mining pools will be forced out.
Activity: 602

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

I think they were saying 15%
Activity: 238
Activity: 182
what's going on? Huh

outstanding: 300000/10000000 Huh

+1, what is that?

Those are the 300000 private shares and I assume they were transfered internally.

then it should be 3M not 300k according to the contract, or am I wrong?

Correct, but to avoid possible 'fat fingering' of any transfer we are transferring the 3 million shares not available for sale in the IPO in batches instead of as a single lump transfer. NO shares are sold privately during or before the IPO!

+1
Yes the 3mil was there before the IPO. We should have 10mil/10mil outstanding.  The shares didn't reflect that because of a bug that Burnside already acknowledged and said he would fix today. Looks like he fixed the bug.
Activity: 238
I assume they are not planning on doing any insider trading any time soon.  In a real IPO top company executives are blocked from selling stock for a certain period after the IPO.
Activity: 210
what's going on? Huh

outstanding: 300000/10000000 Huh

+1, what is that?

Those are the 300000 private shares and I assume they were transfered internally.

then it should be 3M not 300k according to the contract, or am I wrong?

Correct, but to avoid possible 'fat fingering' of any transfer we are transferring the 3 million shares not available for sale in the IPO in batches instead of as a single lump transfer. NO shares are sold privately during or before the IPO!

Activity: 99
what's going on? Huh

10,000,000 shares exist, 7,000,000 offered at IPO and founders own the other 3,000,000.
so,they are free to sell?
so that's why the price falling?

It will be a very bad situation.
Zero share holding means zero responsibility to shareholder's profits.
I don't think they are selling, they have just been issued the shares - someone had to be issued the shares. 10M total, 3M to them, and 7M to investors at BTC.001

yes,maybe they are not now,but they are "able to". No one can find it if it happens.

yes, that's bad.  I think the 3,000,000 shares should be locked, but they are issued and free to sell.
Activity: 574
what's going on? Huh

so,they are free to sell?
so that's why the price falling?

It will be a very bad situation.
Zero share holding means zero responsibility to shareholder's profits.
I don't think they are selling, they have just been issued the shares - someone had to be issued the shares. 10M total, 3M to them, and 7M to investors at BTC.001

yes,maybe they are not now,but they are "able to". No one can find it if it happens.
Jump to: