Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 893. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
130nm .... lol, that's soooo 11 years ago....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/130_nanometer

Why would people invest in this crap? Power consumption being absolutely key to sustainable mining.

Me, I don't care, It's IPO and very profitable for short term trading or even long term.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
NEW UPDATE:

We are working with Ethan Burnside of BTCT.CO on a solution to the overwhelming demand. IF we can find a solution that does not involve resetting the order book and opening the sale at previously announced time (8 PM CENTRAL TIME - US) we will communicate this here in advance (at least a few hours). If the solution is found to be 'good' by a majority of investors we may release share-sale earlier then previously communicated.

The reason for this would be (among many):
- Avoid possible technical malfunction of BTCT.CO
- Release the shares at IPO price and allow fair distribution among investors unable to place their orders at exactly 8 pm Central
- Avoid a situation where a large investor buys a majority of available shares at EXACTLY 8 pm Central

Once again, we are sorry for the situation at hand but had very little options in how to handle the sale as we had no control over the approval process.  

PLEASE do NOT place any orders from this time until we have a solution proposed. IF we decide to fill orders in the books as a % of shares booked at IPO price (Or any other of the possible solutions proposed in this thread) we will use server time-stamps from order placement anyway and placing huge orders for purchases in any attempt to 'game' the system will only lead to added confusion, not more shares.

Quoting for posterity.  I am not moving my bids as instructed.  Otherwise I would have bid higher thus resetting my time stamp.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
so If we are planning to invest now - should we hold off or should we add to the order book? Right now it looks like its way way past the initial IPO shareprice of .001

My question as well.  Although I did set an order at .001 already.  I guess we'll see what happens soon.  I still vote for all orders wiped (mine included) and the roll out at 8 PM.

The main two solutions we are looking at is either to reset the order books and start the IPO as previously announced at 8 PM Central Time (US) or create a custom solution where we aim to fill as many orders as possible at IPO price (more on this from Ethan Burnside when he can present a solution).

All I can promise at this point is that we are working towards finding a solution that will give as many investors as possible the opportunity to purchase shares at the price set in the IPO. We are NOT intending to profit off the demand as our project plan is funded at IPO price and the last thing we want to do is drive the share price or inflate the value of the project at the cost of our investors.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
 Burnside has already commented that higher bids would take priority, regardless of timestamp.

I've made a decision based on that statement,  and it will not be reasonable to change that policy now.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Why would people invest in this crap?

hmm maybe because it cheap... easy to deliver and actually pretty reliable...

but wtf do I know  

Vbs and myself has already asked TheSwede75 to address this several times, without getting any response (see my latest post).
Activity: 158
so If we are planning to invest now - should we hold off or should we add to the order book? Right now it looks like its way way past the initial IPO shareprice of .001

My question as well.  Although I did set an order at .001 already.  I guess we'll see what happens soon.  I still vote for all orders wiped (mine included) and the roll out at 8 PM.
Activity: 448

but wtf do I know  

5 months later, is obsolete, uneconomical... but wtf do I know.
Activity: 126
outstanding: 300000/10000000 Huh

+1, what is that?

Those are the 300000 private shares and I assume they were transfered internally.

then it should be 3M not 300k according to the contract, or am I wrong?

Correct, but to avoid possible 'fat fingering' of any transfer we are transferring the 3 million shares not available for sale in the IPO in batches instead of as a single lump transfer. NO shares are sold privately during or before the IPO!

+1, thank you for the explanation
NEW UPDATE:

We are working with Ethan Burnside of BTCT.CO on a solution to the overwhelming demand. IF we can find a solution that does not involve resetting the order book and opening the sale at previously announced time (8 PM CENTRAL TIME - US) we will communicate this here in advance (at least a few hours). If the solution is found to be 'good' by a majority of investors we may release share-sale earlier then previously communicated.

The reason for this would be (among many):
- Avoid possible technical malfunction of BTCT.CO
- Release the shares at IPO price and allow fair distribution among investors unable to place their orders at exactly 8 pm Central
- Avoid a situation where a large investor buys a majority of available shares at EXACTLY 8 pm Central

Once again, we are sorry for the situation at hand but had very little options in how to handle the sale as we had no control over the approval process.  

PLEASE do NOT place any orders from this time until we have a solution proposed. IF we decide to fill orders in the books as a % of shares booked at IPO price (Or any other of the possible solutions proposed in this thread) we will use server time-stamps from order placement anyway and placing huge orders for purchases in any attempt to 'game' the system will only lead to added confusion, not more shares.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
Activity: 238
Not wiping the book and letting this bloodbath continue with prices breaching the roof is not an option as this would be kind of a contract breach, as nobody will get their shares @ or even around the designated IPO price.

Not wiping the order book wouldn't be a breach of contract, as there hasn't actually yet been any transaction.

Best thing to do, IMO:

1) Take everyone's bid above 0.001 and reset the price to 0.001
2) Divide shares evenly among all the bids. So if there are 14 million orders, everyone gets half their order filled.

The problem, of course is that people with huge wallets who want X shares can bid X*(number of shares / number of orders) in order to get X shares.

+1, what is that?

Those are the 300000 private shares and I assume they were transfered internally.

Correct, but to avoid possible 'fat fingering' of any transfer we are transferring the 3 million shares not available for sale in the IPO in batches instead of as a single lump transfer. NO shares are sold privately during or before the IPO!
Activity: 218
In regular stock exchanges there is a reduction mechanism which is a bit unfair to small investors, but it works.
You put much more money to buy the shares and the amount you commited is used to calculate proportion what you get out of the whole pie.
Then the excess/unused money is returned.

Example:
Share price is 0.001
You want to buy 10000 shares. You pay 10000 * 0.001 = 10BTC

But demand is 10 times higher then supply, so what you get is:
1000 shares and return of 9000 * 0.001 = 9 BTC.

What I said
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2837404
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

but wtf do I know  

+1, what is that?

This is simply transfers out of the IPO account to Founders/Developers etc. so that we can make sure to not over-sell the IPO at share-sale start. The account will at IPO start contain only the 7 million shares intended for sale in the IPO.

Activity: 457
To summarize the idea:

1. Halt the IPO due to technical difficulties.
2. Issue a fund type security with fixed price of 0.001 and unlimited supply.
3. Set new date for this IPO and span it across much more timeframe.
4. After time is up "mr apache" makes calculations of proportions based on how many fund-like shares a person bought.

Pros:
1. No server crash as trades are distributed over whole timeframe.
2. No unfairness, everybody has same and equal chance to get involved into this IPO.
3. If fund shares are traded for at least 24h no single time zone is punished.
4. Cheaters who plan on ddosing our beloved btct.co by creating more accounts etc won't get any advantage.

Cons:
More money needed to buy same amount of shares.

below the orginal idea:

In regular stock exchanges there is a reduction mechanism which is a bit unfair to small investors, but it works.
You put much more money to buy the shares and the amount you commited is used to calculate proportion what you get out of the whole pie.
Then the excess/unused money is returned.

Example:
Share price is 0.001
You want to buy 10000 shares. You pay 10000 * 0.001 = 10BTC

But demand is 10 times higher then supply, so what you get is:
1000 shares and return of 9000 * 0.001 = 9 BTC.

+1
Activity: 126

+1, what is that?

Activity: 393

+1, what is that?

Hum... or that  Roll Eyes
Activity: 448

Why would people invest in this crap? Power consumption being absolutely key to sustainable mining.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

+1, what is that?

Jump to: