Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 890. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

Higher bid should be filled first, this maybe not perfect, but its efficiency was approved by real stock market in real life.

Your solution seems fair. But you know what, there gonna be a lot new accounts being registered in next few hours, at least I am going to do so.

I know you are trying to do it fairly. But please keep the basic logic of free market in mind. Other idea without think about it only lead to more loopholes.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Just do the normal IPO, highest bids first.
Then the IPO fund will exceed to 7000 btc, return the extra as dividend.
This.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

This is not our concern. The concern is 100% to ensure that the IPO is fair. Simply releasing the asset unannounced at this point could leave several investors feeling exceptionally mishandled paying far above IPO price for their shares. And even though I realize that it is 'market pricing' and no one is forcing anyone to bid over IPO price I am not willing to make this decision myself at this point.

People who are bidding have made this decision for you.... they want to pay more... wheres the discussion to be had? Just give 24 hours notice and be done with it already.

the goal of an IPO is to raise a specific amount of BTC AND provide the opportunity of those interested in investing to buy shares AT IPO price, not above.
Activity: 238
To be honest, I'm a little concerned about a company that doesn't know what to do with extra money. Is there no place the extra funds could be put to work?

Why?  You have a plan that calls for doing X, Y and Z, which cost $X, $Y and $Z.  Any extra money would mean changing your plans, and potentially not being as profitable as they would hope.

In the real world taking more money then you need may be bad for investors.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
Let free market decide on price... 24 hours after asset opens return any profits >.001 as dividend.  This is the best way...

Some people like me have waited to put in a bid.  Why only let people that were awake a few hours ago have their bids be valid?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
This.

This is not our concern. The concern is 100% to ensure that the IPO is fair. Simply releasing the asset unannounced at this point could leave several investors feeling exceptionally mishandled paying far above IPO price for their shares. And even though I realize that it is 'market pricing' and no one is forcing anyone to bid over IPO price I am not willing to make this decision myself at this point.

People who are bidding have made this decision for you.... they want to pay more... wheres the discussion to be had? Just give 24 hours notice and be done with it already.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Could you please provide some information on the estimated time frame of things? I feel this is very essential to establishing the potential of Labcoin. If your chip is indeed set to being completed Q4, this is around the same time ACTM releases it's 28nm chips (which are vastly superior), and thus making this venture a lot less attractive.

TIME FRAME:

Is your 130nm chip set to being finished in Q4 2013? If so, do you plan on rolling out mining hardware from other manufacturers in the mean time (as ACTM is doing)?

I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

but because of these kind of options, the asset should be locked ASAP to prevent future bids, as those would lower the % of shares each of the bidders will get

Unfortunately I cannot lock the asset as an issuer, since this automatically removes all bids. Waiting for Ethan Burnside's input.

then maybe this should be done with also taking timestamps into consideration
Activity: 224
This.

Do it!

I like this solution too. IPO should stay at the planned IPO price, whatever the demand pre IPO is.

+1

but because of these kind of options, the asset should be locked ASAP to prevent future bids, as those would lower the % of shares each of the bidders will get

Unfortunately I cannot lock the asset as an issuer, since this automatically removes all bids. Waiting for Ethan Burnside's input.
Activity: 158

Do it!

I like this solution too. IPO should stay at the planned IPO price, whatever the demand pre IPO is.
Activity: 420
This.

Do it!

Whats stopping people then asking for 200% the shares they actually wanted.... not a solution...

it IS a solution IF it is executed WITHOUT ANY previous announcement, because that way nobody can multiply their bid volumes after the announcement.
Activity: 448

Do it!

Whats stopping people then asking for 200% the shares they actually wanted.... not a solution...

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

Do it!
Activity: 393
The best way, more than 0.001 will not be allowed to buy, according to the order has purchased IPO shares. Because just want to 0.001 price IPO. Otherwise the other way to sell IPO shares.

vlaoou321: No offense, but you really should invest a little more time in making your posts understandable.

And here I am, thinking it was just me

+1, I support.

and this should be done with locking the asset before, then announcing this, and executing it. everybody gets their shares according to their bid volumes

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
The best way, more than 0.001 will not be allowed to buy, according to the order has purchased IPO shares. Because just want to 0.001 price IPO. Otherwise the other way to sell IPO shares.

vlaoou321: No offense, but you really should invest a little more time in making your posts understandable.
Jump to: