Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 888. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Is everyone dumping their portfolio for Labcoin IPO?

Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!

I think there are a LOT of factors to the market movements. Not only our IPO but BTCgarden and several other large IPO's in China today.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Restricting shares based on time is not fair either.

I vote for every BTC Labcoin makes over the 7,000 is returned immediately to investors as a dividend, perhaps after 30 minutes?
8 PM CENTRAL TIME - US

Maybe use UTC next time?

Obviously there are many things we would do differently had we anticipated the 'issues' we ran into with this IPO. All we can do now is attempt to make distribution as fair as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
UPDATE:

There is an update coming shortly from Ethan Burnside. The situation as it is is very hard to solve fairly, and as BTCT.CO has never encountered a IPO where committed investments outweighs the amount of available shares Ethan is constructing a solution to the problem customized. The solution will mimic the behavior of regular IPO's and will be presented by Ethan himself here shortly!

*slowly stops the irrational screaming, slowly puts away the torches and pitchforks*
Activity: 182
I vote for the free market deciding.

I get and like your standpoint, but selling an IPO at IPO price is the tiny bit of regulation an IPO is for. All free market as soon as 7 million shares are sold for the initial offering.

+1
+2

I'm really interested in how burnside will decide. I think release 3.5mil for the Americans and the rest at a more convenient time for the Europeans might be a good idea.
EDIT: Capping the price at the IPO

and how can you be sure, that no american investors can buy shares when they are being sold for the europeans?

Can't stop them but it will be the same the other way around. This will afford Europeans the same chance as Americans. Reading the thread it will be around midnight when 8PM CST rolls around.
EDIT: I'm sure its within burnside's abilities to block ISP from those regions for a time-frame for this specific asset.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
8 PM CENTRAL TIME - US

Maybe use UTC next time?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

but because of these kind of options, the asset should be locked ASAP to prevent future bids, as those would lower the % of shares each of the bidders will get

Unfortunately I cannot lock the asset as an issuer, since this automatically removes all bids. Waiting for Ethan Burnside's input.
12365136 SHARES````
Activity: 126

I get and like your standpoint, but selling an IPO at IPO price is the tiny bit of regulation an IPO is for. All free market as soon as 7 million shares are sold for the initial offering.

+1
+2

I'm really interested in how burnside will decide. I think release 3.5mil for the Americans and the rest at a more convenient time for the Europeans might be a good idea.

and how can you be sure, that no american investors can buy shares when they are being sold for the europeans?
UPDATE:

There is an update coming shortly from Ethan Burnside. The situation as it is is very hard to solve fairly, and as BTCT.CO has never encountered a IPO where committed investments outweighs the amount of available shares Ethan is constructing a solution to the problem customized. The solution will mimic the behavior of regular IPO's and will be presented by Ethan himself here shortly!

+1
+2

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

+1. If someone really belive in free market, he/she can buy shares after IPO finished, at price formed by free market deciding, in case he/she missed the IPO. Do not brother hiting F5, goto sleep.
total bid volume is skyrocketing. looks like somebody did not care about the timestamp post

3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Would (3) imply that I would pay more per share than 0.001?

no, it means that you get only a specific % of your bid volume, and all of those shares will be sold for you @0.001 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026

Would (3) imply that I would pay more per share than 0.001?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

+1
+2
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

I sold 250 basic mining yest. you can see the big dildo Wink

+1
We need more fuel for this fire. Nothing else to do until TheSwede75 makes his announcement.
Activity: 158

Jump to: