Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 899. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

Sorry for any confusion, but I had no way of knowing the IPO would be apprived while I was sleeping (I am not always awake 24/7 on bitcointalk.org Smiley
This can be confusing. . . Serious premium. . . I think I should give up, premiums can be very serious.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

Sorry for any confusion, but I had no way of knowing the IPO would be apprived while I was sleeping (I am not always awake 24/7 on bitcointalk.org Smiley

Timer removed. End time: 2013-07-31+19:58:40
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

You expect to sleep AND be a member of Bitcointalk?! The nerve!!
Activity: 560
The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS.

Does that mean that higher than .001 BTC bids will be filled first?  Currently, no one with a bid at .001 will get any shares.

This can be confusing. . . Serious premium. . . I think I should give up, premiums can be very serious.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

This has been handled very poorly and is bound to end up as a disaster with many unhappy investors.

This, yes.
+111
Activity: 203
Just a quick update for people bidding on this IPO:

When 7,000,000 shares are sold by issuer at 0.001

• All bids in equal to or greater than 0.001006 will be filled
  • 178855 shares bid at 0.001005 will be filled
  • Any lower bids will NOT be filled.

As of the last time I pulled it (so 12:44 forumtime)

thanks for update
TheSwede75 offline now has more than 8 hours
Activity: 67

This has been handled very poorly

What? IPO on BTCT working like it does? It's completely normal, quit the whining.

many unhappy investors.

There are always many unhappy investors, price too low, price too high, price too average, somebody is always crying and screaming "unfair".
Activity: 106
Just a quick update for people bidding on this IPO:

When 7,000,000 shares are sold by issuer at 0.001

• All bids in equal to or greater than 0.001006 will be filled
  • 178855 shares bid at 0.001005 will be filled
  • Any lower bids will NOT be filled.

As of the last time I pulled it (so 12:44 forumtime)
Activity: 393

This has been handled very poorly and is bound to end up as a disaster with many unhappy investors.

I don't think they, or as a matter of fact anyone else, could have anticipated such situation.

The IPO has yet to begin, so no investors yet. I think the unhappy one might be the non-investors who got their bid left out.
Activity: 218

This, yes.
Activity: 656

What was handled poorly ? noting happened yet
Vbs
Activity: 504
And you make a valid point, really. The question is timing. Look at BFL and potentially KnC. Avalon and ASICMiner went with the larger die size. ASICMiner deployed en mass first. Avalon shipped their miners first. Sure, go for the 28 nm but if it takes you 2-4 months longer to receive and deploy, do you still have the advantage? Those that chose the larger die have been mining and now have funds for more R & D. Pick your poison.

Indeed, time to market is very important (especially with bigger dies), but their 130nm delivery estimates are on Q4 2013, right where every 28nm chip maker is also going also...

The last months of 2013 are going to be pretty interesting indeed. Grin

http://labcoin.com/docs/2.jpg
Activity: 420

Activity: 141
Activity: 518
Hehe, you guys don't even hold shares yet and already you have demands. This is awesome  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Survey + discussion:

What do you want to happen and expect Labcoin to do in reference to this IPO? Currently there are bids with a value of 10.2k BTC down till 0.001 which means holders of about 3.2k BTC would get left behind.

Initial announcement:

We are aiming to get approved early this week. As soon as approval is given we will set a time for release of the entire IPO batch of BTC7.000 (7.000.000 shares @ 0.001 BTC each)

We aim to launch the IPO as fast as possible after we are approved by anough votes. That said we will give between 16-24 hours notice before the start of share sales. We will also attempt to place the sale during US business hours.

Possible outcomes:

- Get those 7M shares in ASAP and without further announcement. - Breach of contract.

- Announce time for trading start and leave the rest to the community. - People pay a value higher than initial IPO price and start to outbid.

- Stop trading/block order placing, wipe all open orders and announce the official start. - btct.co will probably go down under the load, but imho this feels like the cleanest solution.

- ? ? ? ?

Anyway. I hope trading starts soon... Grin
Activity: 223
May I ask when the trading will start?

A potential Investor.

they said during US business hours

Where did they say that?

He said that trading will start from 16 to 24 hours after his announcement.
Jump to: