Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 898. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
could you please do it 6 hours earlier (at least 4) or a few hours later so that we in Europe don´t have to get up in the middle of the night?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

Sorry for any confusion, but I had no way of knowing the IPO would be apprived while I was sleeping (I am not always awake 24/7 on bitcointalk.org Smiley

Smart decision. Convenient for American - the No.1 BTC user group. Its also convenient for Chinese - the No.2 BTC user group as it will be 9 AM BEIJING TIME. Sorry for European...

Suggestion: cancel all the bids and lock it. Release it one hour or 30 minutes right before start time.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
The IPO time is extremely unfair to any potential EU people. As can be clearly seen in the replies.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
very unhappy about the time of this IPO

Love from Europe

Welcome to the world of 24/7 global economies where there's no time that's good for everyone.

I, for one, welcome my new Asia based mining overlords.
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation

Love from Europe

+1
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Love from Europe
Activity: 462
8PM Central.

Fuck... Fuck the UK people over  Angry

Fuck every European over, yet again. Every IPO is in the middle of the frackin night.

The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS.

Does that mean that higher than .001 BTC bids will be filled first?  Currently, no one with a bid at .001 will get any shares.

I am currently trying to reach Burnside. The best solution here is likely to halt the asset (issuer lock), cancel ALL current orders and then reopen it at 8 PM. I will need burnside's advice on this though.

Wow and now all current orders will be cancelled, forcing me to wake up in the middle of the night? Just awesome!

Set the IPO to 6 PM CET and give us Europeans a chance!

Also do we really want to go to a time based IPO? Remember the Sandstorm IPO? Someone is going to buy all 7.000.000 for 7000 BTC and that'll be it...
hf
Activity: 98
there will be no fucking vegetables
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

Sorry for any confusion, but I had no way of knowing the IPO would be apprived while I was sleeping (I am not always awake 24/7 on bitcointalk.org Smiley

Timer removed. End time: 2013-07-31+19:58:40

And tomorrow is a public holiday for you, so you'll probably still be up. Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I'd much prefer option 2: "Announce time for trading start and leave the rest to the community - People pay a value higher than initial IPO price and start to outbid". Let the market decide.
Activity: 266
Cause all accusations. This is not a good start
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
The IPO will be worth more than 7000 BTC
What happen to the excess, is it going to distribute as dividend or added fund to your company?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
8PM Central.

Enough time to take a nap till then.. Wink

Canceling all bids seems to be the fairest thing now.
Activity: 116
Hello! I have indeed been ASLEEP! We have NOT released the shares for sale as we promised we would give the forum a set time for the IPO to keep it as far as possible. The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS. That is 8 PM CENTRAL TIME!

Timer removed. End time: 2013-07-31+19:58:40

LOL this timer is insane... but I love it!
Activity: 462
8PM Central.

Fuck every European over, yet again. Every IPO is in the middle of the frackin night.

The shares will be released AT IPO PRICE 0.001  BTC in 12 HOURS.

Does that mean that higher than .001 BTC bids will be filled first?  Currently, no one with a bid at .001 will get any shares.

I am currently trying to reach Burnside. The best solution here is likely to halt the asset (issuer lock), cancel ALL current orders and then reopen it at 8 PM. I will need burnside's advice on this though.

Wow and now all current orders will be cancelled, forcing me to wake up in the middle of the night? Just awesome!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

We're gonna need a bigger boat server.
Activity: 406
8 P.M. central is the most inconvenient time for me  Sad Let people outbid shit out of it. Labcoin will got more money from IPO and everybody will be happy.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
8PM Central.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Activity: 110
This is going to be an interesting 12 hours...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Survey + discussion:

What do you want to happen and expect Labcoin to do in reference to this IPO? Currently there are bids with a value of 10.2k BTC down till 0.001 which means holders of about 3.2k BTC would get left behind.

Initial announcement:

We are aiming to get approved early this week. As soon as approval is given we will set a time for release of the entire IPO batch of BTC7.000 (7.000.000 shares @ 0.001 BTC each)

We aim to launch the IPO as fast as possible after we are approved by anough votes. That said we will give between 16-24 hours notice before the start of share sales. We will also attempt to place the sale during US business hours.

Possible outcomes:

- Get those 7M shares in ASAP and without further announcement. - Breach of contract.

- Announce time for trading start and leave the rest to the community. - People pay a value higher than initial IPO price and start to outbid.

- Stop trading/block order placing, wipe all open orders and announce the official start. - btct.co will probably go down under the load, but imho this feels like the cleanest solution.

- ? ? ? ?

Anyway. I hope trading starts soon... Grin

The most likely solution is bolded above. We did NOT anticipate this much interest and unfortunately (we had NO control over this) our asset was approved through voting while I was asleep. We are working out a way to launch the sale in 12 hours (8 PM CENTRAL TIME) with Burnside.

Thank you for understanding that we have no way of controlling when asset is approved and I simply woke up to a 10 million share orderbook and almost shat myself.
Jump to: