Pages:
Author

Topic: Laptop or desktop security - page 4. (Read 1036 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
October 15, 2017, 02:44:01 PM
I'm looking to purchase a new laptop and I want to know, which brand would be best compatible with #Bitcoin core wallets and upgrades.
Buy anything brand you like, it hardware doesn't matter at all. Every modern laptop/PC will we more than sufficient to run Bitcoin Core.
There are no beter or worse pieces of hardware, just follow the general rule of picking hardware: more expensive = better performance, usually.

What security services should I use?
What do you mean security services? Just download a wallet, protect it with good passwords, preferably use some kind of password manager for that/
And use digital hygiene is a must, install antivirus, anti-malware or even better create a paper wallet or offline wallet to keep the most of your Bitcoins there.

Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
October 15, 2017, 02:20:43 PM
I'm looking to purchase a new laptop and I want to know, which brand would be best compatible with #Bitcoin core wallets and upgrades.

Judging how no one is letting up in this fork debate I see that in the future bitcoin wallet providers will be speaking out on which chain they will be a part of. I just want to be as close to correct as possible.

Call 2X BTCCorp for all i care im not with corporate espionage

Lol. Whatever you choose won't kake any difference bruh! Lol. Doesn't matter if you go for a laptop or anything else as long as you disconnect it from the internet it is good for security. Well, depends on how much you know on protecting your bitcoins.

Now for wallets, we really cannot say which is which because nothing stays the same in this world forever. So the only thing you can rely on for deciding is your own guts. Opinions are nice but still, what makes the decision is you. So gather as much knowledge as you can while you're here. Every piece of information is important. It is easier to do things yourself than to rely oj others(if you get my point).

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
October 15, 2017, 02:06:03 PM
The brand of the laptop id irrelavent what matters, to my knowledge its the operating system that matters. Most wallets are available with Windows, Mac and Linux.
Make sure you have a credible antivirus, do not click on links you don't know the source to, do not log into public WiFi. To be honest as far as I'm concerned its safer to have a separate laptop for daily use and for bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
October 15, 2017, 01:45:43 PM

Judging how no one is letting up in this fork debate I see that in the future bitcoin wallet providers will be speaking out on which chain they will be a part of. I just want to be as close to correct as possible.

I don't think laptop or desktop brands matter in any way for the bitcoin. Wallets are available to download for all Operating Systems too, so those won't matter either.
For security, you'll have to take care of it manually. Strong passwords, no public Internet usage, private systems for yourself to keep your funds etc. These all are measures to be taken by yourself and has nothing to do with what system or machine you use for the purpose.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
October 15, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

Any brand. It's irrelevant...

Depends on the platform, but mostly your brain and a disconnected ethernet cable if you want a cold storage Cheesy

Whatever your hardware choice, it will be irrelevant for any fork...
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 01:11:28 PM

Pages:
Jump to: