Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 133. (Read 362584 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
October 06, 2016, 07:46:24 PM
looks like only win7 above could install the client, but why i only receive 25 while my ref status says ive got some lbryian joined under me?

edit : answered on slack
Activity: 518
October 06, 2016, 07:18:14 PM
Send email the lbry is profitable on gtx and if price go down to 1 satoshi this also will be profitable.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
October 06, 2016, 07:13:27 PM
I was just looking for some LBRY adcopy that would be readily available, and you know what? Not even the beginning of this thread nor the website has just a bunch of good text that the lay person can understand.   If any team member can post some paragraphs here that would be good. 

What are you looking for? adcopy?

I have some people I can email about LBRY with my link but there isn't much in the way of text to send them.  I have to hunt it down or write it myself, unless someone can post some company written stuff here.  I know it's out there but it's not a high priority right now with my tax extension due and a lot of bookkeeping to do first.
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
October 06, 2016, 06:53:04 PM
I was just looking for some LBRY adcopy that would be readily available, and you know what? Not even the beginning of this thread nor the website has just a bunch of good text that the lay person can understand.   If any team member can post some paragraphs here that would be good. 

What are you looking for? adcopy?
legendary
October 06, 2016, 06:52:04 PM
I have downloaded the wallet and requested an account but you know there is a waiting list.  One way they say to get up faster in the list is to sign up friends, or just bring in people from your link.  Are we allowed to post such links in this thread?  Seems like a good idea. 

(I know someone will beat me to it, right?   Grin  You can PM me also for my link)

You can skip the step to enter an invite code.  If you want to download something with an LBC value (non-free), you will need to buy LBC on poloniex or bittrex and transfer to your wallet.  The invite code, when you get it, will give you 25LBC. 
legendary
October 06, 2016, 06:50:54 PM
are there lbry wallet for windows?
i got some lbry on poloniex,i dont want lbry to sit on poloniex,i want to withdraw lbry to my wallet.

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/releases

I transfered LBC to wallet above.

2 questions:
1. I dont see any login or password for this wallet
2. Any option to make a backup of this wallet

Currently, there is no way to password protect the wallet automatically - this will be an enhancement a future release.  I'd only keep a small amount of LBC running on a hot wallet where you will download/share, and then I would create a cold wallet for storing larger amounts.  To create the cold wallet, do the LBRY install on a completely clean PC and then let it sync up.  You should see a wallet in %appdata% directory called LBRYum, and then Wallets.  The wallet file is called default_wallet.  Generate yourself a receiving address via the website and then use this public key to send larger amounts of LBC for cold storage. Encrypt the default_wallet file by zipping it up with 7zip and using password protection (use a very strong password, don't keep it anywhere on your pc, write it down!).  Then backup this file onto at least 2USB drives. If you ever need to move funds off this wallet, simply extract the default_wallet using your pw and put it into the wallet directory, and then start LBRY.
legendary
October 06, 2016, 06:46:47 PM
Looks windows wallet is available now,finally.
But unable to install.
Any one is successful with this wallet installation?

Yeah.  No problems here.
But I see only this:http://prntscr.com/cqfj42
And no wallet appears after clicking 'finish'.

Edit:Could open the page.

You have to open the LBRY application after installing. It will take you to a web page.
October 06, 2016, 04:47:05 PM
October 06, 2016, 04:42:47 PM
I have downloaded the wallet and requested an account but you know there is a waiting list.  One way they say to get up faster in the list is to sign up friends, or just bring in people from your link.  Are we allowed to post such links in this thread?  Seems like a good idea. 

(I know someone will beat me to it, right?   Grin  You can PM me also for my link)
Activity: 395
Merit: 408
Bitcoin OG artworks collection
October 06, 2016, 08:15:17 AM
are there lbry wallet for windows?
i got some lbry on poloniex,i dont want lbry to sit on poloniex,i want to withdraw lbry to my wallet.

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/releases

I transfered LBC to wallet above.

2 questions:
1. I dont see any login or password for this wallet
2. Any option to make a backup of this wallet

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
October 06, 2016, 07:54:28 AM
But unable to install.

Yeah.  No problems here.
How much resources (RAM, diskspace, CPU%) does it take?
October 06, 2016, 03:44:05 AM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
October 06, 2016, 03:42:14 AM
But unable to install.

Yeah.  No problems here.
But I see only this:http://prntscr.com/cqfj42
And no wallet appears after clicking 'finish'.

Edit:Could open the page.
legendary
October 06, 2016, 03:23:52 AM
October 06, 2016, 03:00:29 AM
Can someone putt here link to this wallet windows version.
legendary
October 06, 2016, 02:28:34 AM
But unable to install.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 05, 2016, 08:50:37 PM
The value will probably jump when the wallets are available and functional for all major OS' and the invites start rolling out

For all we know they plan to roll the invites right when the block reward and mining profitability gets really low to spark the interest back up. Taking the most profitable coin to mine at the moment and jumping it's value up moonshot now would just make it prone to a pump and dump

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
October 05, 2016, 12:59:39 PM
I have join on https://lbry.io/get since August 2016
how long to wait to get Invitation Code?
I have join earlier, but still no code.. althoug I get some LBRYians
legendary
Activity: 966
October 05, 2016, 02:59:19 AM
Is there wallets for linux and OSX or it is only win wallets.
legendary
October 05, 2016, 12:05:36 AM
The new Wallet release still have bug (like the previous one)
My OS = Windows XP SP3

Can anyone confirm It's working On windows 7 or Linux before changing my OS

I believe only Win 7 and up are supported at this moment.
Jump to: