Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 7. (Read 362363 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2018, 12:02:23 PM
Is 92% down from ATH a good time to invest or better waiting for more down?  Huh

https://athcoinindex.com/currencies/lbrycredits

1 year ago I would buy on this kind of opportunity but it seems to me like the team is struggling to get the adoption even tho the product is already there for quite some time. Would love to see a proper marketing/adoption plan before buying.

you realize when they gonna do it price won't be the same ? Wink better feel lucky to know lbry at those range
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 09, 2018, 11:38:36 AM
Is 92% down from ATH a good time to invest or better waiting for more down?  Huh

1 year ago I would buy on this kind of opportunity but it seems to me like the team is struggling to get the adoption even tho the product is already there for quite some time. Would love to see a proper marketing/adoption plan before buying.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
July 09, 2018, 11:26:26 AM
what changes will be after hardfork?
will the algorithm be changed to protect against ASIC?
You can look the detailed information here: https://lbry.io/news/hf1807
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
July 09, 2018, 08:16:50 AM
Is 92% down from ATH a good time to invest or better waiting for more down?  Huh

Activity: 149
Merit: 3
July 09, 2018, 02:04:11 AM
what changes will be after hardfork?
will the algorithm be changed to protect against ASIC?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
July 06, 2018, 06:28:04 AM
Make sure you already upvotes and ask a few questions on https://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/118455/lbry-protocol-digital-content-distribution?referrer=IMe0mpe20zAlJihExeck4g2 . It would be appreciated.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
July 05, 2018, 03:38:48 PM
New LBRY patch is live - just open your app to get some bug fixes and a daemon upgrade! Read all the details here

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/releases/tag/v0.22.1
legendary
July 04, 2018, 02:20:02 PM
LBRY Daemon v0.20.3 is out - read up on all the latest changes here!

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/releases/tag/v0.20.3

oh yeah new version, gonna test it out thanks !
Activity: 546
Merit: 128
July 03, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
LBRY Daemon v0.20.3 is out - read up on all the latest changes here!

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry/releases/tag/v0.20.3
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
June 29, 2018, 06:37:24 PM
I'm unable to open the lastest version, because of a virus...can anyone shed some light on this. Is it legit?

Congrats,You have retard antivirus,or wrong file?.Never had problem in 2 years being alpha tester with even their non official app.Go on discord and download only from dev member team links.

Also @Angel DI ; Lbry disapointed you first years of existance ? Building new technology need alot of time,how can you make assumption on first years of existance of a coin when 99% of thing was to be developped and was non existant at that time. Ethereum disapointed many people in first years of existance releasing...nothing .Its all about perspective,are you ready to wait till product is ready and hype come in naturally by itself or you want to choose a project that force the hype to come in before having test and fully fonctionnal product ? You seems also unaware of the coin emission supply , started at 0 coin to over a 500m coin Logarithm decreasing curve for next 20 years. With adoption and slowly mining reward decreasing we should see more uptrend with times,first couple years for lbry was the roughtest in term of predictable pullback,but now we're about to see more uptrend imo. personally I expect over 3 buck for 2019.

Keep in mind in Metadata share technology 99% of coin using IPFS technology wich have huge flaw for decentralizing content.its easy to make centralized web service and put video on it(like steem and all other same coin using ipfs worth hundred of milion in cap),alot more complicate to decentralized it,need more programming skills and thinking to do it,simply cause it does not exist before ...And there's come lbry with his unique protocol. Don't spit on a gem or you'll regrets it a day or another.

2nd this, you can see by newer projects like EOS that utilizing a protocol like IPFS is the future
yeah but unlike eos where 5 adresses are holding like 99% of all coins lbry is more decentralised ;DHappy 2 years lbry and team(sry for being late on party)and to keep with the traditin-when moon sir Grin
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
June 29, 2018, 10:36:53 AM
I'm unable to open the lastest version, because of a virus...can anyone shed some light on this. Is it legit?

Congrats,You have retard antivirus,or wrong file?.Never had problem in 2 years being alpha tester with even their non official app.Go on discord and download only from dev member team links.

Also @Angel DI ; Lbry disapointed you first years of existance ? Building new technology need alot of time,how can you make assumption on first years of existance of a coin when 99% of thing was to be developped and was non existant at that time. Ethereum disapointed many people in first years of existance releasing...nothing .Its all about perspective,are you ready to wait till product is ready and hype come in naturally by itself or you want to choose a project that force the hype to come in before having test and fully fonctionnal product ? You seems also unaware of the coin emission supply , started at 0 coin to over a 500m coin Logarithm decreasing curve for next 20 years. With adoption and slowly mining reward decreasing we should see more uptrend with times,first couple years for lbry was the roughtest in term of predictable pullback,but now we're about to see more uptrend imo. personally I expect over 3 buck for 2019.

Keep in mind in Metadata share technology 99% of coin using IPFS technology wich have huge flaw for decentralizing content.its easy to make centralized web service and put video on it(like steem and all other same coin using ipfs worth hundred of milion in cap),alot more complicate to decentralized it,need more programming skills and thinking to do it,simply cause it does not exist before ...And there's come lbry with his unique protocol. Don't spit on a gem or you'll regrets it a day or another.

2nd this, you can see by newer projects like EOS that utilizing a protocol like IPFS is the future
legendary
June 28, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

Activity: 588
Merit: 251
EVOS
June 26, 2018, 03:11:35 PM
I used to have a lot of hope about this project, but the library disappointed me in the first year of its existence. And the price in General fell to the lowest value, it can be seen in history. Now even scared to go to the project and to buy coins.
Activity: 650
Merit: 321
June 26, 2018, 03:06:17 PM
June 26, 2018, 11:16:11 AM
the youtube transition tool was a great idea, but it broke within what a week?
they thought they could do the "TPS" of youtube, their tool broke b4 10% of people had their vids ported Sad  has it even caught up YET? a YEAR later? Sad
have the "20k Burkley vids" they were so proud of even up? ive seen like MAYBE 200...

same mistake many crypto projects make sadly
their premines so big they dont care, small team? i think theres like 20+ people?

i think they will just continue to dump the premine as they have through many ways, then sell the project when "done" inna few months, look the the CEOs, they do that over and over, serial entrepreneurs. build a project, sell if off for big payout, rinse and repeat

Who would they sell it to if it has no value which is what you seem to be implying?

Even if they sold it to some big company I think that would probably be great for any LBC holders.
legendary
June 26, 2018, 10:52:23 AM
new design is out troller  Kiss
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?
June 25, 2018, 06:11:20 PM
the youtube transition tool was a great idea, but it broke within what a week?
they thought they could do the "TPS" of youtube, their tool broke b4 10% of people had their vids ported Sad  has it even caught up YET? a YEAR later? Sad
have the "20k Burkley vids" they were so proud of even up? ive seen like MAYBE 200...

same mistake many crypto projects make sadly
their premines so big they dont care, small team? i think theres like 20+ people?

i think they will just continue to dump the premine as they have through many ways, then sell the project when "done" inna few months, look the the CEOs, they do that over and over, serial entrepreneurs. build a project, sell if off for big payout, rinse and repeat

Activity: 245
Merit: 101
June 25, 2018, 03:13:17 PM
There were 3 main things that contributed to Library's down fall:

1. The Dev's absolute refusal to market it and attract more users. They simply thought that users would magically just show up and were too stubborn to put together a solid marketing & user acquisition plan.

2.The Token economics of LBC is absolute garbage. The inflation has nearly stripped all its value from the token. Just look at the LBC chart. The Sat value is headed to zero by the time all the coins are printed into existence. If you had invested a substantial sum of money a year ago you would have been 20x down on bitcoin at this point. Absolutely TERRIBLE model and zero incentive to use or hold the token.They should have just allowed people to use the app with other, more establish coins instead of LBC.

3. The UX is not good at all. Their downloaded-able application nearly kills my entire computer when running it. Also, the user interface is super elementary. They needed to create a simple web based application.

I was a long time LBC follower but they simply got crushed by the competition and now they are swimming in a sea of other alt coins and random projects. I believe they truly had a chance to get ahead of the market a year ago but were too stubborn to market the project and get the word out. Now I am not really sure about the future of this project but I really do wish them the best.

1. I feel like their marketing wasn't all that bad, they had a mechanism for youtubers to migrate to LBRY and created an incentive to do so. They also ran campaigns for subscribers to earn free LBC to watch videos. I feel like every skeptic always says that a project didn't do enough marketing. In your opinion what else could they have done marketing wise?

2. I will agree with you that the distribution of the token really hurt the price, especially early on. But maybe that will slowly effect the price in years to come as the reward slowly declines? I feel like they should have just went with standard halvings like btc.

3. The UX is only 2 years old though man, you gotta admit it's not that bad considering its been a small team and a short amount of time. I believe a web-based application and a mobile application is in the works.

And on you're last point I wouldn't say it's been crushed by the competition, maybe if you consider any 2017 ICO competition then yes. But as far as a decentralized media sharing platform I feel like they are still very relevant. But you are right that they are swimming in a sea of other random projects, being 294 on CMC it will be hard for new investors to find them.

1. While I agree with you that they had a mechanism to do so, there wasn't enough incentive in it. I also felt like they didnt push hard enough on it. I actually thought trying to migrate users from youtube over to the LBRY platform was a great idea but it just didnt move the dial enough. The youtube people didnt make enough effort to do so.

2. Im hoping the inflation slows a bit as well because it really has taken a toll on the value of the coin

3. I have high hopes for this new re-design so we will see how it works out.

again Im really not trying to FUD just trying to point out some of LBRY's weaknesses as a long time follower of the project. I think they still have a shot at success now with this bear market while everyone isn't paying attention however once the next run begins I hope they have a more solid plan put in place to capture as much market share as possible
June 25, 2018, 01:04:00 PM
There were 3 main things that contributed to Library's down fall:

1. The Dev's absolute refusal to market it and attract more users. They simply thought that users would magically just show up and were too stubborn to put together a solid marketing & user acquisition plan.

2.The Token economics of LBC is absolute garbage. The inflation has nearly stripped all its value from the token. Just look at the LBC chart. The Sat value is headed to zero by the time all the coins are printed into existence. If you had invested a substantial sum of money a year ago you would have been 20x down on bitcoin at this point. Absolutely TERRIBLE model and zero incentive to use or hold the token.They should have just allowed people to use the app with other, more establish coins instead of LBC.

3. The UX is not good at all. Their downloaded-able application nearly kills my entire computer when running it. Also, the user interface is super elementary. They needed to create a simple web based application.

I was a long time LBC follower but they simply got crushed by the competition and now they are swimming in a sea of other alt coins and random projects. I believe they truly had a chance to get ahead of the market a year ago but were too stubborn to market the project and get the word out. Now I am not really sure about the future of this project but I really do wish them the best.

1. I feel like their marketing wasn't all that bad, they had a mechanism for youtubers to migrate to LBRY and created an incentive to do so. They also ran campaigns for subscribers to earn free LBC to watch videos. I feel like every skeptic always says that a project didn't do enough marketing. In your opinion what else could they have done marketing wise?

2. I will agree with you that the distribution of the token really hurt the price, especially early on. But maybe that will slowly effect the price in years to come as the reward slowly declines? I feel like they should have just went with standard halvings like btc.

3. The UX is only 2 years old though man, you gotta admit it's not that bad considering its been a small team and a short amount of time. I believe a web-based application and a mobile application is in the works.

And on you're last point I wouldn't say it's been crushed by the competition, maybe if you consider any 2017 ICO competition then yes. But as far as a decentralized media sharing platform I feel like they are still very relevant. But you are right that they are swimming in a sea of other random projects, being 294 on CMC it will be hard for new investors to find them.
Pages:
Jump to: