Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 53. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Just an FYI, one goal for this project is not to continue forever on using liteaddress.org for generating Litecoin private keys/addresses but to either modify casascius' private key generator or create my own. Likely the former will be the path.

Smiley
legendary
This sounds cool, but I have two very important questions:

Are you 100% sure liteaddress.org is a secure method of generating addresses? Crypto in JavaScript is difficult to do securely. Is the RNG secure? Are you sure the private keys weren't sent back to the server? etc etc.

Is your real identity publicly known? Obviously since it's possible for you to collect private keys for years before actually stealing anything it's extra important that we trust you. Casascius' identity is known, and if he ends up scamming us one day there should theoretically be some legal recourse (not that I believe either you or Casascius intend to)

Thanks.

Good questions indeed.

1. Liteaddress.org is a clone of bitaddress.org. I know the owner of the liteaddress site and all the keys are generated on the client side only.

even the original developer of bitaddress.org vouches for liteaddress.org site:

In addition to what I mentioned above. For the safety of end users of these JavaScript Wallet Generators be vary cautious when you use a fork... not everything is the real McCoy. Remember it's safer to download the HTML and run locally with your internet disconnected. Use firebug or Chrome developer tools to monitor the network calls and make sure no calls to external URLs are made.

Example's of forks that are well done and respectful of the original copyrights and donation addresses:
http://liteaddress.org/
https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html

I personally reviewed the liteaddress.org fork at v2.3 and it's trustworthy.

Links: https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org
https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org/commit/2bfe2d6372b0c13f48461e99bc1b80d75c110e7d
https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org/commit/2bfe2d6372b0c13f48461e99bc1b80d75c110e7d

So yes, based on the original developer, the Random Number Generators are secure.

2. My real identity will be known when I launch. I will be posting my full name and info.

And yes if I was wanting to scam people I would just take pre-orders (which I am refusing to) and not deliver for....over a year. lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stay tuned for the launch.  Grin
tlr
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
This sounds cool, but I have two very important questions:

Are you 100% sure liteaddress.org is a secure method of generating addresses? Crypto in JavaScript is difficult to do securely. Is the RNG secure? Are you sure the private keys weren't sent back to the server? etc etc.

Is your real identity publicly known? Obviously since it's possible for you to collect private keys for years before actually stealing anything it's extra important that we trust you. Casascius' identity is known, and if he ends up scamming us one day there should theoretically be some legal recourse (not that I believe either you or Casascius intend to)

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Subscribing... Physical LTC is something I've wanted for a while Smiley
legendary
I'd love to purchase 2 of these as soon as they're available Smiley Sounds like a cool investment.

Please keep an eye out for my launch announcement in July. Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I'd love to purchase 2 of these as soon as they're available Smiley Sounds like a cool investment.
legendary
PRICING
At current market rates I will be charging 25 LTC per coin (this includes the 10 LTC to fund the coin). This is subject to change without notice based on market fluctuations.

Your pricing seems too low, when you subtract the LTC funded, you only have ~42 USD to mint & package the coin. This is about 1/3 the equivalent Casascius 1/2 ounce .999 silver coin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to pay 25 LTC, I just don't expect that you'll be able to sell at that price unless LTC trades higher in July.

I presume your assumption is that LTC price in July will be lower? If the price drops I will make adjustments to the price in LTC terms, as the same if the price rises too much.

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
PRICING
At current market rates I will be charging 25 LTC per coin (this includes the 10 LTC to fund the coin). This is subject to change without notice based on market fluctuations.

Your pricing seems too low, when you subtract the LTC funded, you only have ~42 USD to mint & package the coin. This is about 1/3 the equivalent Casascius 1/2 ounce .999 silver coin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to pay 25 LTC, I just don't expect that you'll be able to sell at that price unless LTC trades higher in July.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I will be in Washington State by then, please put me in for at least one of these!!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Beautiful Coin. Sign me up!
legendary
Maybe do a 100LTC silver bar? 1 troy ounce?

Very possible. Would likely be 2-5 ounces. But then again it all depends on what the USD price of Litecoin is when I get to that product. With the amount of demand I'm seeing there is potential to have 5 to 10 steady standard products I will carry at least.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Sounds like alot of people are mad because the producer thought about and produced a viable product before others. I for one love this because it is the free market at its finest. He made something that has an obvious demand and will sell out of the first batch guaranteed. It's called supply and demand realistically he could sell these @ 100ltc a pop if he wanted cause who else are you going to buy them from?  You guys are hilarious how are you gonna argue with the producer about something you have nothing to do with? That is the problem with all the exchanges and here everybody lets the buyers dictate the sells. I think what we have here is a great product from somebody obviously respected in our community and no doubt that he will sell, just don't test him too much or he can easily revise that post to 100ltc a pop and still sell out...rant over
*Paragraphs, sorry noob, rants on this forum will never end, you will see.

Smoothie is not the first to do this, a previous announcement for Physical LTC was made in April, just hasnt produced yet.

...lolz

WORDS + Doing are 2 different things

"I am going to build a time machine in 3 days "

I think anybody can see the difference
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Maybe do a 100LTC silver bar? 1 troy ounce?
legendary
really nice...

rainbow colors...

merely a reflection off the proof finish of the coins with my hologram design on my computer monitor.  Cheesy pretty to the eyes though.

Any chance down the line you might be able to mint coins like this with holograms on the front? In a way the would look kind of like your picture? I've seen holographic silver coins before, so I think it's possible. I would buy so many of those I would be out of crypto by the time I was done.

Interesting idea. Definitely something to consider for future batches. It may not be for a little while. But I like the idea.
Activity: 130
really nice...

rainbow colors...

merely a reflection off the proof finish of the coins with my hologram design on my computer monitor.  Cheesy pretty to the eyes though.

Any chance down the line you might be able to mint coins like this with holograms on the front? In a way the would look kind of like your picture? I've seen holographic silver coins before, so I think it's possible. I would buy so many of those I would be out of crypto by the time I was done.
Activity: 630
Virus In Scrypt <- was just kidding
Physical Feathercoins <- was just kidding, but go nuts

I was sitting here thinking, I'd buy a couple of these if I saw them at my local silver dealer, but don't feel like paying for shipping,, and then...

See if you can get a silver dealer to put one on display  <- not kidding
Activity: 130
if you limit it to 2 coins each on this batch there should be plenty to go around just make sure that the acouns are older than this thread  Smiley

I agree. I think 2-5 is a good number. At 5 per person I think you would sell out fast considering how much excitement there is over this.
legendary
I don't have any LTC at the moment, but I do want a few of these! Smiley

You can buy them with BTC also. I will post the prices when I announce. Dollar for dollar they will be priced the same in both LTC and BTC.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
if you limit it to 2 coins each on this batch there should be plenty to go around just make sure that the acouns are older than this thread  Smiley
Activity: 700
I don't have any LTC at the moment, but I do want a few of these! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: