Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ❎ ► LEALANA PHYSICAL LITECOINS FOR SALE - RESUMING SALES!!! - page 49. (Read 133714 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Yes, ~$40 per coin for this first batch. I suppose I will put on the customs form "collectibles" or something similar. The postal service has issues with exporting any legal tender coins, so saying "coins" may be a problem. I have encountered that issue in the past.

If you left the coins unfunded until after they had passed through customs, you could declare about a $10 value per coin, and mark it as Collectable. You could probably declare them as $10 even funded, because I'm not sure how the post office would value Litecoins, but that could get messy I suppose. Also, that way, if something happened in transit, either the package got lost, or some jerk of a customs agent decided to keep the coins, your buyer would at least get 10 LTC back. From experience, the only time that I've ever had a package lost while shipping silver was sending it to Europe.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Wow, they look awesome.  I will definitely be ordering some.

Will the visible minikeys have a rhyme or reason to them?  I think it would be nice to at least release them in order beginning with the low numbers first.

Will you be publishing a list of the public keys like Casascius does?

No. That is the beauty of the minikeys and normal WIF private keys, you shouldn't be able to predict them (hence their randomness).

Very Likely I will be publishing a list, yes.

He probably means sorting by the bitcoin addresses - not by the minikey itself.

For example on 2013 coins, some will observe that I have been issuing them in sequential "lots".  All the keys I generated for 2013 brass coins start with "12" or "13".  Further, I generated(kept) exactly 300 keypairs for each unique three-character prefix (121, 122, 123, ... 13X, 13Y, 13Z)

I chose 300 because that's how many keypairs print on a single sheet before cutting.  Because of this, each lot corresponds with a single sheet.  Doing it this way greatly increases the likelihood that any mistakes will stand out, makes inventory and planning a whole lot easier, and it segregates the workload into manageable units.  Also without going into too much detail, it adds benefit with respect to control over fraud, scams, and potential of loss/theft.  Example, if I had a theft, it would be far less damage to say "All the stolen coins started with prefix XXX" so people can just remember the prefix if they want, and can quickly judge that their coins aren't on the list.

Casascius,

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misinterpreted what he meant.

Concerning this first batch I will not be intentionally generating LTC addresses with a particular prefix.

Yes, that is essentially what I meant.  I hope that you might reconsider, especially for the first batch.

Having the numbers be serialized like that can add to the numismatic value of the earlier coins.

For instance, I have an early Casascius 1 BTC piece with a "13T" prefix that appears on page 7 of the coin list: http://casascius.appspot.com/group?type=1&page=7

Being so early in the series, its market value is probably somewhat higher than one that appears on page 108 or so.

Sure, people can still look up the address and see when it was funded, or find it on your published list, but it's not quite the same as having that recognizable prefix right on the coin.

The idea I like and will use in subsequent batches of coins.

The error on the first batch is verifiable enough with the naked eye to know what batch it came from just like casascius' series 1 coins with the error in spelling.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Wow, they look awesome.  I will definitely be ordering some.

Will the visible minikeys have a rhyme or reason to them?  I think it would be nice to at least release them in order beginning with the low numbers first.

Will you be publishing a list of the public keys like Casascius does?

No. That is the beauty of the minikeys and normal WIF private keys, you shouldn't be able to predict them (hence their randomness).

Very Likely I will be publishing a list, yes.

He probably means sorting by the bitcoin addresses - not by the minikey itself.

For example on 2013 coins, some will observe that I have been issuing them in sequential "lots".  All the keys I generated for 2013 brass coins start with "12" or "13".  Further, I generated(kept) exactly 300 keypairs for each unique three-character prefix (121, 122, 123, ... 13X, 13Y, 13Z)

I chose 300 because that's how many keypairs print on a single sheet before cutting.  Because of this, each lot corresponds with a single sheet.  Doing it this way greatly increases the likelihood that any mistakes will stand out, makes inventory and planning a whole lot easier, and it segregates the workload into manageable units.  Also without going into too much detail, it adds benefit with respect to control over fraud, scams, and potential of loss/theft.  Example, if I had a theft, it would be far less damage to say "All the stolen coins started with prefix XXX" so people can just remember the prefix if they want, and can quickly judge that their coins aren't on the list.

Casascius,

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misinterpreted what he meant.

Concerning this first batch I will not be intentionally generating LTC addresses with a particular prefix.

Yes, that is essentially what I meant.  I hope that you might reconsider, especially for the first batch.

Having the numbers be serialized like that can add to the numismatic value of the earlier coins.

For instance, I have an early Casascius 1 BTC piece with a "13T" prefix that appears on page 7 of the coin list: http://casascius.appspot.com/group?type=1&page=7

Being so early in the series, its market value is probably somewhat higher than one that appears on page 108 or so.

Sure, people can still look up the address and see when it was funded, or find it on your published list, but it's not quite the same as having that recognizable prefix right on the coin.
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
I sent an email to customs and excise ( in the uk ) asking how much import duty I would have to pay on 2 coins told them the weight 99.9% fine silver coin

and the reply was I would have to pay 20% vat on the price I paid including postage + 5% handling fee +£18.99 for shipping from the customs warehouse

I work out the total cost as

£100 for 2 coins  (50ltc)

£15 for shipping from the us

£23 for vat

£8 handling fee

£19 postage from customs

total price for 2 coins in the uk is £165
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
So are you saying that total cost on these coins will be ~$40 each? That would be pretty sweet!

No please re-read the post I was responding to.

I know lol. I was just hoping.  Grin
legendary
So are you saying that total cost on these coins will be ~$40 each? That would be pretty sweet!

No please re-read the post I was responding to.
Activity: 182
Activity: 151
This is great. Really looking forward to gettin me hands on some!
legendary
It sounds like you are going to be pretty damn busy wrapping coins and shipping them all out... hope you will be ready with packages, labels and a pen when you open up shop. lol

Grin What do you think I am doing now. Prepping for launch.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It sounds like you are going to be pretty damn busy wrapping coins and shipping them all out... hope you will be ready with packages, labels and a pen when you open up shop. lol
legendary
How will we actually order these?

Are you going to post a BTC and LTC address and have people send in their coins, with us signing the sending address to prove ownership? Or are you going to have an order form on a website somewhere?

I am just wondering if I can just transfer coins from one of my online accounts (that don't support signing) to buy some, or if I need to figure out a way to access signable coins at work (depending on the day you open orders) so I don't miss out.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been keeping up with the thread but don't recall seeing this answered.

I will not require signing. So yes, you can send BTC or LTC from your online accounts.

Keep in mind I will not be doing any refunds. Please consider that when ordering.

Thanks

What value would a coin be stated at in fiat on international packages? seen as they wont be loaded with LTC during transit would it just be the silver price?
What are you going to state the packages contain?
Will you accept payment where I withdraw from BTC-E into your wallet? For this I would not know the originating address but I think BTC-E give a txid.

Yes, ~$40 per coin for this first batch. I suppose I will put on the customs form "collectibles" or something similar. The postal service has issues with exporting any legal tender coins, so saying "coins" may be a problem. I have encountered that issue in the past.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

Are you going to post a BTC and LTC address and have people send in their coins, with us signing the sending address to prove ownership? Or are you going to have an order form on a website somewhere?

I am just wondering if I can just transfer coins from one of my online accounts (that don't support signing) to buy some, or if I need to figure out a way to access signable coins at work (depending on the day you open orders) so I don't miss out.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I've been keeping up with the thread but don't recall seeing this answered.

I will not require signing. So yes, you can send BTC or LTC from your online accounts.

Keep in mind I will not be doing any refunds. Please consider that when ordering.

Thanks

What value would a coin be stated at in fiat on international packages? seen as they wont be loaded with LTC during transit would it just be the silver price?
What are you going to state the packages contain?
Will you accept payment where I withdraw from BTC-E into your wallet? For this I would not know the originating address but I think BTC-E give a txid.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I will go for 2 coins as well to europe Tongue
legendary

Thanks
Activity: 207
Merit: 120

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
So, do we Krauts have a reseller of our very own or are there any ongoing negotiations about that?

I made a general offer to smoothie to do shipping service for Europe. He's considering it and we've talked about some details already (Einfuhr-fucking-umsatzsteuer)

I certainly order 2 if you sell them Smiley
Activity: 224
Wow THIS SCAM is still active?
PEOPLE NEVER PAY NOTHING IN FRONT, LET THEY GIVE YOU IN ADVANCE INSTED!

Its the mighty Robin Douche, protecting the forum from.... well, I don't fucking know. He's just a penniless child that needs a hobby.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
So, do we Krauts have a reseller of our very own or are there any ongoing negotiations about that?

I made a general offer to smoothie to do shipping service for Europe. He's considering it and we've talked about some details already (Einfuhr-fucking-umsatzsteuer)

heh, me too (obv).

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Wow THIS SCAM is still active?
PEOPLE NEVER PAY NOTHING IN FRONT, LET THEY GIVE YOU IN ADVANCE INSTED!
Well, you shouldnt bash "robinhood" too much... We ALL say that here on this forum dont we? Sure, you are paying $65 + upfront with no guarantee of getting anything, it is risky, no matter who is selling.
 A lot of people trust smoothie will deliver I guess, so, to each is own.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Pages:
Jump to: