Pages:
Author

Topic: [LEARN] BBCode Lessons & Tutorials [+tutorial videos!] - page 5. (Read 42735 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 18
Hi roslinpl

I have gone through the lessons but where I can practice in forum?
I cannot practice in my signature space .
Is there any thing feasible in BBcode similar to  HTML where you can HTML pages on a standalone server (.html files)
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
hallo roslinpl can u help me for make signature campaign. i have budget for 100$ my bounty campaign will coming soon release. i need your help pls for help my project.
Thanks u
best regard
Activity: 732
Merit: 18
New exchange generation
This is what I was looking for. When I learn I will translate it into the subject in my language so that it is better explained to the community and of course I will mention it. thank you very much for this excellent tuto  Cheesy

thank you
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Hello,

wow this should get me to learn how to create a signature

My pleasure  Cool

this is very useful, thanks for making this thread, and very easy to understand gradually. I have started to study, do you mind, if one day I ask personally through pm? I would like to be proficient just like you.

Thanks,
I don't mind if you ask personally through pm - just remember to make sure your question wasn't already answered 1000 times  Wink

Hi roslinpl
Thanks for your great tutorial.

I have few questions.
1. Apart from 4000 characters, do forum put limitation on 3 lines? (as you asked to quote p  3 times in different line.)
2. How these p and "pt" will relate to each other?  I read signature above 42 pt will also be not displayed.

1. Limitations as usual - Junior members cannot add links into signatures etc.
    Described here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17283187

2. Max. height is 42px - not 42pt
   But also max. height is 3 lines of text without changing the font size.
   That's why I don't measure the signature height is it 42px or approx. 42px but instead I make a column with 3 x 'p'
   So I know if anything displays below the last 'p' I know it's too high  Cool

(Why 'p' and not 'a' ?  - 'p' is higher than 'a' Smiley )

I don't ask to 'quote p 3 times in different line' - what I was saying is that the quote has same styling as the signature space -
   during the signature creation process if you will preview your design without putting it into 'quote' the final results will looks different in the signature space than while previewing.

Creating and previewing your signature inside the 'quote' tags will let you see the real results.
   But don't forget to remove 'quote' tags before using the signature Smiley

Best wishes.

Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Lesson 2: BBCode signature max. height

Signature max. height is same for all ranks.
Simple way to check what's the maximum possible height: While designing a signature - create a table column with 3 lines of text, in each line write a letter 'p'.

Remember: Profile signature space has 'same' cascading style sheets as a 'quote' -
- That's why anything below 3rd line 'p' will be not visible on your signature space.

p
p
p

Hi roslinpl
Thanks for your great tutorial.

I have few questions.
1. Apart from 4000 characters, do forum put limitation on 3 lines? (as you asked to quote p  3 times in different line.)
2. How these p and "pt" will relate to each other?  I read signature above 42 pt will also be not displayed.

Activity: 185
Merit: 2
this is very useful, thanks for making this thread, and very easy to understand gradually. I have started to study, do you mind, if one day I ask personally through pm? I would like to be proficient just like you.
legendary
Just use it as complimentary tools to the primary tools (SMF Preview Editor), I use 2-3 different tools to create screenshot, edit image and uploading before but once I have one tools that can do all that in one shot I use it, in this case the software don't have capability to render table so its not much usable for complex signature with clickable text and image but simple image would be easy

Thanks for sharing. Who knows maybe someday I will also find a better tool for myself than the SMF Preview Editor.
But I still think it's the best (at least for me) to use SMF Preview Editor  Cool

Best wishes.

Activity: 238
Merit: 40
First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

IMO it's not really useful :-)
But if you like it - use it ;-)

For me it's a waste of time because:
1) Amount of characters
2) Results are not so good as drawing pixel by pixel in Bitcointalk Preview Editor.
3)  Cool

What pixelette tool please?? Last give a link. Thanks

I wrote about those "generators" few month ago  Grin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22105956
They are all crap  Roll Eyes

You think I'm lying because I sell designs and I don't want people to know that they can generate a signature within a couple of minutes?
You're wrong  Cool

Try to use those "generators" to create a working/good looking BBCode Signature, then you'll understand why I don't use them  Cool

Best wishes.

Just use it as complimentary tools to the primary tools (SMF Preview Editor), I use 2-3 different tools to create screenshot, edit image and uploading before but once I have one tools that can do all that in one shot I use it, in this case the software don't have capability to render table so its not much usable for complex signature with clickable text and image but simple image would be easy
legendary
To make job easier without having to use Bitcointalk Preview Editor you can use this offline BBCode editor, it can render the image in almost realtime making it easy and faster to create the image from the block character.
(...)

IMO it's not really useful :-)
But if you like it - use it ;-)

For me it's a waste of time because:
1) Amount of characters
2) Results are not so good as drawing pixel by pixel in Bitcointalk Preview Editor.
(BBCode drawings made in such editors often differ in size when displayed in SMF Editor and Forum's boards)
3)  Cool

I wrote about those "generators" few month ago  Grin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22105956
They are all crap  Roll Eyes

You think I'm lying because I sell designs and I don't want people to know that they can generate a signature within a couple of minutes?
You're wrong  Cool

Try to use those "generators" to create a working/good looking BBCode Signature, then you'll understand why I don't use them  Cool

Best wishes.

To make job easier without having to use Bitcointalk Preview Editor you can use this offline BBCode editor, it can render the image in almost realtime making it easy and faster to create the image from the block character.

Screenshot of it displaying the image shown here
Caution: not all bbcode work with SMF will render the same in the software, so make sure you still have SMF to make final adjustment, table tag is not working

There is another thread of this kind of guide and they share the pixelate tool there, visit the thread here
You can visit the link directly here ANSI Art Converter
and another one pixelate
Activity: 196
Merit: 5
Great information. Thanks. I was looking for something like this and I am glad I found this topic / thread. Smiley Keep posting things like this.
Activity: 59
Merit: 7
Its very very helpful training for me .,, was learned signature creation from this lession ,, but one thing am not able to create alone till now ,,, I want to create a simple logo ... grrrrr... may be it will take time ... to learn ... by the way thanks for the nice video ... need more help ,,video is too much fast ,, if possible please provide some slow video... I am here to learn seriously... please if possible provide one slow video with creating signature..
legendary
Yes, I've read all your lessons. Hmm, I'll show with screenshots:

(...)

It is difficult to determinate max height visually. And I thought maybe there is the precise number of lines for main sizes. How I said, it is 13 lines for size 2pt (with my experience).

It's not difficult Smiley
I was trying to explain that all you need to do is add an extra table column with 3 lines of text and as a text just write a letter 'p'.
If your BBCode drawing displays below the last pixel of the bottom line letter 'p' it means that it's too high Smiley

Quote from: It's too high

Quote from: ~Max. height

I suggest to set the font size in pixels (px) instead of points (pt).
I wrote a little bit about it in Lesson 10 and here.

Since I'm experimenting with Monospace font I use 2px characters for my drawings - it's the most compatible (from my experience).

Some of the lessons are written before many browser updates  Wink Roll Eyes
It used to be better to draw with 2pt ASCII characters without changing the font (default Forum font). It was the most compatible setting on the largest number of machines and browsers.
Currently the best compatibility we get thanks to drawing with 2px ASCII characters and the Monospace font.

I just left updates under some lessons to make everything more science-friendly  Roll Eyes Cool

Best wishes.
Activity: 224
Merit: 186
Yes, I've read all your lessons. Hmm, I'll show with screenshots:

Preview (Chrome)

Real view (Firefox)

Code (pastebin)

It is difficult to determinate max height visually. And I thought maybe there is the precise number of lines for main sizes. How I said, it is 13 lines for size 2pt (with my experience).
legendary
Let me show an another example of what I meant:

I got it now, thanks.  Smiley
Btw, I have a question. What max number of lines of bbcode-drawing for signature? With a practice, I got 13 lines for 2pt size (for firefox and a bit more lines for Chrome). But I don't know number of lines for 1pt, 2px and 1px size. I can't test it because my rank is lower than Senior.

Hello,

yes - you can test it on your own - please read: Lesson 2  Cool

I even left a 'starter' for Senior/Hero/Legendary signatures (at the end of the lesson 3).

p
p
p(MAX.HEIGHT)
CONTENT
Code:
[quote][table]
[tr]
[td]
p
p
p(MAX.HEIGHT)
[/td]
[td]
CONTENT
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table][/quote]

Best wishes.

I got it now, thanks.  Smiley
Btw, I have a question. What max number of lines of bbcode-drawing for signature? With a practice, I got 13 lines for 2pt size (for firefox and a bit more lines for Chrome). But I don't know number of lines for 1pt, 2px and 1px size. I can't test it because my rank is lower than Senior.

legendary
Wow, thanks for the new lesson! But I didn't understand the advanced example in the Hint 4...

(...code)

(...post table glitch Smiley (...) that's why I didn't preview those codes in the post - to not waste characters on removing 'post table glitch' - )

How I can see, it is not Arial font on the second line. Or "same font" means something other? Sorry I need to improve my English ^^

Hey,

Ahh ! I see my mistake - Thanks for spotting - I improved those examples and triple checked ^_^

I've been looking for this tutorial all over the net and I'm glad I found it here! There's a lot of opportunities when you know how to make signature codes. You get to handle projects for lots of ICOs!

My pleasure Cool
I made few sig designs for ICOs - but not only for ICOs - I guess approx. 30% of my designs were made for ICOs.

Best wishes.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
Crypto Marketer For Whales
I've been looking for this tutorial all over the net and I'm glad I found it here! There's a lot of opportunities when you know how to make signature codes. You get to handle projects for lots of ICOs!
Wow, thanks for the new lesson! But I didn't understand the advanced example in the Hint 4...

Code:
[center][table]
[tr]
[td]
[center][b][url=https://bitcointalk.org][color=#12d][font=Arial][size=15px]A bit more [color=#000]ADVANCED[/color] example[/url]
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727100.80][size=8px][color=#000]The Second line - [color=#12d]AND[/color] another link but same font
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table][/center]

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org