Pages:
Author

Topic: [LEARN] BBCode Lessons & Tutorials [+tutorial videos!] - page 7. (Read 42595 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Best thread I ever seen here in BTT.. Thank you for sharing your talent to us. It help us a lot to improve our skills with Being artist/designer is not enough without knowing this kind of codes and skills..please continue this brilliant tutorials

He is one of the reason why I'm a bitcointalk signature designer ( more on because of this thread lol.) And because of that I'm also of his one service competitor here in bitcointalk. But of course his better than me.

@Kutz thanks! I will continue that's for sure.

@BlackMambaPH thank you, but I don't know am I better than you or better than anyone else. It's not me who judge.

My main reason to create those tutorials was to achieve such a goals like hearing that somebody became a BCTalk designer with a help of my tutorials.
Also if only I would be the only good BBCode sig designer that would be really very bad and also boring.

It's like if fashionable shoes were made only by Christian Louboutin..

Competition causes that what we create becomes better and better. Or we're out of the business ^_^.
I love when people have a choice between services and there is no monopoly on any of those. Someone might think that my signatures are the best while other might think the opposite.
Then such a person can choose other designers like you and get out of the situation with a smile on a face.

And that's the most important thing here. Rather than taking away competition - short-sightedness has no purpose - everything must evolve.

Best wishes.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 509
AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
Best thread I ever seen here in BTT.. Thank you for sharing your talent to us. It help us a lot to improve our skills with Being artist/designer is not enough without knowing this kind of codes and skills..please continue this brilliant tutorials

He is one of the reason why I'm a bitcointalk signature designer ( more on because of this thread lol.) And because of that I'm also of his one service competitor here in bitcointalk. But of course his better than me.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Thank you so much to give us such type of lesson. But have a question have any YouTube video where i can  see this practically .

Hello,

you're welcome.

I recommend to read the 1st post.
There's a link to Lesson 8 and one YouTube video.

BTW. I'm sorry but I had to many things to do and I couldn't write new lessons and share some fresh tutorials with you but it's coming ;-)

Coming soon:
Lesson 11: Advanced Character Saving Techniques

I'll be back soon ^_^

PS. I just read this:
Jr Members can no longer have signature links.
It's worth noticing.

Best wishes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Thank you so much to give us such type of lesson. But have a question have any YouTube video where i can  see this practically .
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Guys thank you for sharing you BBCode samples/ideas. Very informative. But since I'm a jr member i don't have enough privilege to use full signatures but only a few lines now so it's okay. No rush, better keeping up until I can learn on through. But now, I just enjoy watching how good you are guys on your works. Keep up guys and share more. Thanks.
Activity: 98
Thanks for the tutorial, you are doing a great job here. Is there a reliable online tool that can be used to generate ASCII?
Activity: 1
How can I do rowspan and colspan in Tables?
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
Thank you! I am learning from this one. Great tutorial and videos, very helpful for those who wanted to learn. More power!
0o
Activity: 41
I have been looking for such a tutorial for a long time but I have always been looking in the wrong places, Thanks, I will now start to study.
Activity: 453
Thank you very much for this tutorial, Really great work, it helped a lot to me. first time I only fastreaded thread, and then read it alltrough and I allmost knew everything, now I just need to make some designs Smiley
legendary
Hello everyone,

thanks for all the questions, messages and for improvement of your BBCode skillz ;-)
True pleasure to share my knowledge with you and in same time improve skills for both sides. I have some new interesting techniques to share with you.

But 1st let me start from answering to your questions:

This is  great tutorial , i don't think that we can create a symbol by input text in bbcode on this forum, with this tutorial i can do it , i will try make a symbol like heart or  symbol different . it will make a post nice to see ,maybe good for seo.

You can use many symbols - when we talk about the heart sometimes it's just better/easier/faster to use UNICODE/ASCII symbol instead of drawing it with UNICODE squares. It depends what kind of the results you would like to get.

If you need just a heart in any shape you can try to use those: ♥ ❤ ❥

(...)
Would you mind name that edit program you used in your tutorial video, the one to mass edit & change some characters you want. (search & replace)

The one from the tutorial video was Sublime Text.
If you're using Linux/macOS I suggest to use Brackets.

(...)
I just use basic wordpad that comes with Windows. Works exactly the same for me.

You can use any editor you like. Some of them might save more time some of them less.
It's like with coding - you can code super powerful app using Vi ^_^.

Hello OP. Is there a tutorial on the application of Glow and shadow tool of BBCodes here. I'm having trouble on selecting color code to use. Can I know where to see the list of the color code applicable on that function? Thanks

We cannot add shadow to the signatures, Heroes and Legendary can add glow but no shadow. You can draw a shadow for a logo or maybe for some elements but for not for the text.

You can generate text gradient with patorjk.com/text-color-fader
and then replace #color tag with #glow and also replace ] with ,1].

Example:
Code:
[color=#000]   --->   [glow=#000,1]

(...)
2) youtube url not work

The one of the videos as you can see wasn't posted by me. And someone who posted his tutorial seems to delete that video.
I cannot do nothing about it.

OP, I have a question here. What's the differences between BBCode and Markdown? Is BBCode easier than Markdown or vice versa?

We can say that Markdown is similar to BBCode - both of them can format the text. But BBCode is made to format the messages posted on the Internet. While Markdown is something more than that.
I never did such a things like drawing a logo from Unicode characters in Markdown so it's hard to say is it easier or not ^_^.

I think I answered to all the questions related to BBCode tutorials and lessons.
Thanks again for your opinions, kind words, questions. I will post few new tricks tonight/tomorrow.

Best wishes.
Activity: 28
Great work! Will be using these for sure.
Keep up the good work!
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
It was really helpful, thank you for sharing your knowledge. Signatures are really in demand today because of to many ICO's coming out but I guess it will be really hard to get a job in making signatures specially when you guys who has a big name in signature industry are our competitors. But still thank you for this knowledge I'll try making some to test the knowledge I got.  Smiley
Activity: 134
Excellent thread with some awesome resources, thanks for the effort you've put into this.
Will definitely help me out if I dive deeper into signature designing.
Activity: 266
I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS TO CREAT THE SIGNATURE CODING. PLEASE CONTACT ME URGENTLY.

U WILL BE PAID IN FIET
Activity: 224
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
OP, I have a question here. What's the differences between BBCode and Markdown? Is BBCode easier than Markdown or vice versa?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 509
AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
When I'm doing signature design here in bitcointalk, this thread help me a lot, and also this following link:

List of unicode characters: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unicode_characters
HTML Color Picker and more: https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp
HTML Colors From Image: https://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/
Activity: 126
Merit: 14
i’m newbie is there any viewer site to view codes

2) youtube url not work
Activity: 1120
Merit: 279
My blockchain can beat up your blockchain
Hello OP. Is there a tutorial on the application of Glow and shadow tool of BBCodes here. I'm having trouble on selecting color code to use. Can I know where to see the list of the color code applicable on that function? Thanks

This was covered in lesson 7 and has been a very valuable tool for adding colors and gradients. http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader

I also like this site for quick color grabs. https://html-color.codes/
Pages:
Jump to: