Pages:
Author

Topic: Learning a new language - page 28. (Read 14192 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
April 13, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
Learning new language not only can help you prevent certain diseases in old age, it also activates different parts of your brain when you speak it and you even start to think differently. I've read some research and scientists say that bilingual children are easier to educate. 

Yes. Another study of foreign languages contributes to the development of concentration and interaction with other people. Those who know several languages communicate more easily with other people and have a good memory.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 13, 2017, 09:29:45 AM
Learning new language not only can help you prevent certain diseases in old age, it also activates different parts of your brain when you speak it and you even start to think differently. I've read some research and scientists say that bilingual children are easier to educate. 
Activity: 97
April 13, 2017, 08:58:11 AM
Doctors say that if you learn a new language it's harder to have Alzheimer, when you are older. I want to learn a new one not only for my health, but bcs not everyone in this world know English :p The language I wanna learn is Italian  Grin

Interesting opinion, then I need to think about studying several languages for disease prevention.
Activity: 99
April 13, 2017, 07:14:42 AM
Doctors say that if you learn a new language it's harder to have Alzheimer, when you are older. I want to learn a new one not only for my health, but bcs not everyone in this world know English :p The language I wanna learn is Italian  Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 13, 2017, 06:14:29 AM
If you want to learn new language, first you have to be interested on that language and understand its roots. You can learn it by applying to a school or by online teaching.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
April 13, 2017, 05:15:40 AM
Hello,
How to we learn a new language?
What is the most practical method of learning a new language?
What are the methods of learning that you apply and benefit you?

There are many ways to learn a different language. You can do it by yourself through the use of internet or books or you can hire a private tutor that will teach a specific language that you want. For me, the practical way of learning new language is attending courses for that language but only if available. I tried learning Greek by myself and it does not do any good because I used the internet which is sometimes not good to depends. I know a little bit Spanish, which is mostly greetings, since it is offered in my course curriculum at college.

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
April 11, 2017, 05:22:39 PM
The best way to learn a foreign language is to live in the country in which it is used. It is best to learn a language in the communication process. Not only will you know the words, but the phonetics of the language.

That's true, but not everyone will find himself or herself in that favorable conditions to learn from the natives. Some are remotely located and therefore there's the need for some kind of simulative environment that replicates being with the locals or even a virtual classroom.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
April 10, 2017, 06:11:35 PM
I want to learn German, Chinese and French language. Too bad those language are not offered here in my country.

You guys should try busuu.com and you'll be able to learn any language of your choice and get others to help you all remotely.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
April 10, 2017, 05:20:03 PM
I founded on internet that there are some cards whichi helps you to remember words faster from languagel which you want learn and that you can learn new language in 1 month but I dont know if that is really true or not.
Activity: 562
Merit: 500
March 29, 2017, 04:51:55 AM
Danish! I eventually want to move there. I studied abroad there a while back and I miss everything there. The food, culture, people. I felt they were more friendly than Americans in a different way.
Activity: 197
March 29, 2017, 01:38:07 AM
I'm learning the Valyrian language right now. In preparation for the rise of the great Queen of the Andals, the Breaker of Chains, the Mother of Dragons.

Yeah.
Activity: 43
March 28, 2017, 11:05:43 AM
The best way to learn a foreign language is to live in the country in which it is used. It is best to learn a language in the communication process. Not only will you know the words, but the phonetics of the language.
Activity: 9
March 28, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
I believe the best and easiest way to learn a new language will be to move to the region and find a teacher . but other methods such as buying tapes and cds or books wont be bad. Personally I learn from people that know how to speak the language.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
March 28, 2017, 12:26:04 AM
 im trying to learn some japanese language.... banzaii! 
Activity: 70
Merit: 11
March 27, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
I learning spanish now.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
March 27, 2017, 11:56:12 AM
I want to learn German, Chinese and French language. Too bad those language are not offered here in my country.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
March 27, 2017, 10:46:49 AM
Hello,
How to we learn a new language?
What is the most practical method of learning a new language?
What are the methods of learning that you apply and benefit you?

for me best way to learn forign language was google.translate and skype, several years ago i didnot knew any word in english, when i decide to learn it, i just add several people in skype and start chatting with them in english, using google.translate and after several month, i stopped using translate
Google transalate is not a good way to learn speaking other language. It's crappy. If you want to learn you can find interesting lessons in youtube. Joining a language exchange community is also good so you can practice what you are learning.
Activity: 168
March 27, 2017, 10:41:26 AM
As far as the best way, I can only speak for myself. I taught myself French using the Pimsleur method where you listen to lessons on cd and repeat what you hear. The great thing about Pimsleur is that you can listen to it at home, while driving your car, or while out and about doing errands. In addition there are other resources, such as Duolingo. com and learnalanguag. com. These are free internet sites where you can take short lessons to build your vocabulary.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
March 27, 2017, 09:48:38 AM

for me best way to learn forign language was google.translate and skype, several years ago i didnot knew any word in english, when i decide to learn it, i just add several people in skype and start chatting with them in english, using google.translate and after several month, i stopped using translate
Yes that is one of best ways to learn some new language. Necessary thing in learning new language is, you need to use it as much as you can, and if you want to perfect it you need to speak it and be around people who speak that language too. If you learn new language and don't use it for sometime you will start to forget. What i mean is, when you start using it again you will have hard time saying some words or finding right words. Practice makes perfect.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: