Pages:
Author

Topic: Ledger nano S or Trezor T? - page 4. (Read 3288 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
November 19, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
Not or. Both Smiley
Trezor for non-spending purposes, just to store safely (or a paper wallet, but when it comes about transfering, you just connect the trezor and send a transaction, but with a paper wallet it's more a hassle).
Ledger Nano S is for everyday purposes, sending receiving, and the Nano S supports more altcoins, also direct altcoin exchange via the EtherDelta, which is not an exchange but does the same, the main difference is that you don't have to send your coins to an exchange and have it (and risk it) on, but you just connect your Nano S and you can trade peer to peer.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 02:50:39 PM
Ledger nano s)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
November 19, 2017, 02:47:10 PM
Hey guys! I came to the point where I decided to invest in hardware wallet. My concern is - should I buy Ledger nano S which is the cheapest, or pre-order Trezor T - it's more expensive but well looks cool and it's the newest on the market. Could someone explain me differences (I heard about Trezor being not as secure as Ledger - will the issue continue with T model?) Thanks in advance guys!

As mentioned in the other post, security shouldn't be an issue with either device. If you're into alts however, you might want to check which ones are supported by each respective wallet. Most major alts are supported by both, some minor ones however, are not.

At the end of this article you'll find an overview of alts supported on Ledger vs Trezor:

https://coinsutra.com/best-hardware-wallet-bitcoin/

I personally am a fan of Trezor, but maybe the Ledger Nano S is supporting some alts that you'd be missing otherwise.
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
November 19, 2017, 02:24:13 PM
If you're interested in the Nano S, you're probably interested in practicality more than anything else.

The TREZOR T doesn't seem to have introduced any significant new security features, so it would be worth considering getting the original TREZOR.  It's doing extremely well for me and it's cheaper.

But the Nano S is even cheaper, so it's ideal if that's what you're looking for.

Activity: 616
Merit: 603
November 19, 2017, 11:03:35 AM
You might be already aware from Trezor's website that it comes with a touchscreen display where in you could input the security PIN directly and a USB-C port which I feel are the only 2 better improvements when compared to the previous generation Trezor and the Ledger Nano S. Even if you did compare all 3 of these hardware wallets, all 3 of them are equally good and secure. Now, since we know more or less about the features they all provide, lets consider the price.

The cost to purchase a Ledger Nano S is about 100 Euro's (including shipment via DHL , to ship where I live), to purchase the previous generation Trezor which is equally good, it costs about 89 Euros + 26 Euros shipment which sums up to 115 Euros and finally for Trezor T it's 149 Euro (the price keeps increasing until their final batch of pre-orders are complete and they have enough units left to manufacture) + 26 Euros which sums up to 175 Euros.

Comparing all of these 3 devices, I'd suggest you either pick the Ledger Nano S or the previous generation Trezor (that is if you're not a fan of the new interactive screen and PIN input through the screen with model T). Trezor has a good reputation of fixing and resolving any possible 0 days or vulnerabilities, and there hasn't been any issues with the Ledger nano S so far either.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 19, 2017, 10:53:08 AM
There was a security issue found but It got fixed with a firmware update. The choice remain between Trezor 1 and Ledger nano S and It's really up to you as they are both good. I wouldn't consider Model T as nothing much has been added and the developers won't discontinue the first model so better buy something cheap and invest the rest in buying more bitcoin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
bros over blockfolios
November 19, 2017, 10:24:41 AM
Hey guys! I came to the point where I decided to invest in hardware wallet. My concern is - should I buy Ledger nano S which is the cheapest, or pre-order Trezor T - it's more expensive but well looks cool and it's the newest on the market. Could someone explain me differences (I heard about Trezor being not as secure as Ledger - will the issue continue with T model?) Thanks in advance guys!
Pages:
Jump to: