Pages:
Author

Topic: Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com - page 2. (Read 13937 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 17, 2012, 03:41:24 PM
Most jurisdictions allow the public to inspect the physical records (registration/articles of association etc) at the registered address.  There is normally no requirement to provide them free to anyone that asks.  The OP could go to Singapore and view them, if it is a registered business. 

Do we even know where its registered and under what name? I certainly dont.

Activity: 435
Merit: 250
February 17, 2012, 03:37:17 PM

Yeah. It is this attitude that got TH shutdown.

Not really.
Imagine the following hypothetical scenario:

- user account gets suddenly "locked out, contact support" @ TH.
- user contacts TH support for multiple times, no answer given.
- user does not like to be robbed, and with all means at his disposal, does all he can to inflict pain on those who stole from him.

So, yeah, this is NOT the attitude that got TH shut down. It was TH shooting their own foot.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
February 17, 2012, 03:30:54 PM
I have lived in Spain a long time & if I can be bothered then in the interests of openness & full disclosure that the OP seems so keen on I shall ask my contacts here if what I suspect is true, that denuncias are documents in the public domain & so one can request a copy of them without the OP's redactions & I will then happily post it here, 2 of my contacts are female black belt lawyers  Cheesy

edit: copy would be requested through intermediaries  Wink

i will happily provide you an unedited copy, no need to contact third parties for that. "Denuncia", complaint can be made public if the complainer choses too, guarding his privacy.

sure that makes it simpler, please to PM me one or a link to it, I may look in to what freedom of information pertains to denucias in any case now that I've got curious about it so that I can be sure of it

February 17, 2012, 03:30:28 PM
Most jurisdictions allow the public to inspect the physical records (registration/articles of association etc) at the registered address.  There is normally no requirement to provide them free to anyone that asks.  The OP could go to Singapore and view them, if it is a registered business. 

Of course, many "businesses" are not registered and do not need to be under local laws if they are small (self employed people often come under that category, or sole traders).

Then again, there are some other places where you can register a business without any paper work at all, and for no fee - and you can stay secret as long as you like. 

Zhou has answered many questions.  Like others, having a formal account identification is not necessary (I don't have an account or id with many people I exchange cash or credit with - others I do).
February 17, 2012, 03:09:06 PM
Someone help me understand.

I see some people here raving against the OP; to some extend even the same people that accuse(d) Butterfly Labs from running a scam and (rightfully) demanding correct information about the company's registration, legal status, location, contact data etc. Some even going so far as putting a bounty on pictures or video of the people behind the alleged scam. Butterfly lab at that time probably held less than a few $1000 of customers money, all of which was protected by paypal policy anyway.

Then we have Bitcoinica, a financial service provider which holds significantly larger sums of money and btcs with zero customer protection and operating in a legal vacuum. All we know about the company is .. nothing (afaik), other than a pseudonym of the guy running it. Its not even disclosed what country its operating from, what legal status the company, if any, has, nothing. Not even the name!

I dont know, but demanding such information is absolutely the right thing to do IMO. If said company is not forth coming with that info, I see no harm in pursuing legal options to ensure Bitcoinica's customers at the very least know who to sue if something goes terribly wrong.

I certainly hope no one here will have to thank paraipan one day for getting that info out, but its not exactly unthinkable. Have we learned nothing from mybitcoin.com?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
February 17, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
I have lived in Spain a long time & if I can be bothered then in the interests of openness & full disclosure that the OP seems so keen on I shall ask my contacts here if what I suspect is true, that denuncias are documents in the public domain & so one can request a copy of them without the OP's redactions & I will then happily post it here, 2 of my contacts are female black belt lawyers  Cheesy

edit: copy would be requested through intermediaries  Wink

i will happily provide you an unedited copy, no need to contact third parties for that. "Denuncia", complaint can be made public if the complainer choses too, guarding his privacy.
Activity: 308
February 17, 2012, 01:53:00 PM
Paraipan,

The only time I have ever posted anything negative about someone on the forums was in regards to Tom Williams.

This will be the second time.

People like you are exactly what is wrong with the world.
Bitcoinica hasn't hurt anyone, so you should mind your own business.
If you don't trust Bitcoinica,  don't use them,  but don't try to use men with guns to block the rest of us from doing business with whoever we want.

Please spend some time reading some books on economics,  and morality. 
It will change your view of the world, and make you a better person.
+1
donator
Activity: 3024
February 17, 2012, 01:52:32 PM

edit: copy would be requested through intermediaries  Wink
legendary
February 17, 2012, 01:46:42 PM
The thing is we're on the same boat, and if it takes water we all go down, looking into another direction isn't an option only addressing the issue.

And people wonder why I want to opt out...

... because you keep seeing it as your own boat
legendary
February 17, 2012, 01:27:33 PM
This complaint for legal investigation has been put into Mtgox attention today with a support ticket.
What in the fuck does this have to do with MtGox? What is this I don't even

Rocking the boat some more eh ?

Bitcoinica uses Mtgox services (trading platform, mtgox codes), i hoped you guys saw this one.

How is Gox supposed to track which codes were exchanged person to person, and which were exchanged through Bitcoinica? Seems like that complaint will be as effective as complaining to Spain about a site in Asia.

mtgox already tracks internally it's codes. Bitcoinica has it's own codes that need to follow the same procedure. Spain has laws that include economic on-line services outside it's frontiers. Bitcoinica.com is hosted in US, Texas so it has to comply with laws and regulations there too not only in the country where they registered.

Quoting zhoutong from other thread

No. We will not operate the business in the United States, nor will we respond to requests outside of our operating jurisdiction.
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
February 17, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
This complaint for legal investigation has been put into Mtgox attention today with a support ticket.

Bitcoinica uses Mtgox services (trading platform, mtgox codes), i hoped you guys saw this one.

Hahaha..  did you just find this out ?  my god man..

Your little mission here is becoming more ridiculous every time you open your mouth..

Can you not see how stupid you are making yourself look ? Is this your cry for help ?
Are you depressed ?  

Life is good, go find some street thugs and beat them up, they are criminals..  

Then report yourself for assault dont forget!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
February 17, 2012, 01:12:16 PM

How is Gox supposed to track which codes were exchanged person to person, and which were exchanged through Bitcoinica? Seems like that complaint will be as effective as complaining to Spain about a site in Asia.
legendary
February 17, 2012, 01:10:03 PM

February 17, 2012, 01:07:20 PM

legendary
February 17, 2012, 01:07:07 PM
Paraipan,

The only time I have ever posted anything negative about someone on the forums was in regards to Tom Williams.

If you don't trust Bitcoinica,  don't use them,  but don't try to use men with guns to block the rest of us from doing business with whoever we want.

Thanks for the advice dude, i will consider it Smiley
The thing is we're on the same boat, and if it takes water we all go down, looking into another direction isn't an option only addressing the issue. I will appreciate you enabling the logic "chips" of your brain and reconsider your position, any help is appreciated.
February 17, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
Paraipan,

If you don't trust Bitcoinica,  don't use them,  but don't try to use men with guns to block the rest of us from doing business with whoever we want.

Please spend some time reading some books on economics,  and morality.  

THIS!!!

Well said..

You are such a spoiled little baby Parapain...
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
February 17, 2012, 01:03:33 PM
vip
Activity: 1052
February 17, 2012, 01:02:35 PM
Paraipan,

legendary
February 17, 2012, 12:46:54 PM
@zhoutong thanks for answering some questions. Can you show us some paperwork on bitcoinica.com, like company registration with the local authorities, and your position in the company ? Contract or similar will do, you can blackout very sensitive information.

Who else works at bitcoinica.com ? Can you provide some relevant information in the public domain on the issues above ?

I have already promised to release this information, but not now due to our on-going process of corporate re-organization. We just developed the account verification system today.

It's fine if you proceed with whatever you're doing. But your compliant is definitely invalid according to our current status.

The requested information had to be made public in the first place. I will not withdraw my complaint without you making a public announcement presenting your company public information. The validity of my complaint is not of your duties to decide.

Can you refrain only answering some of my questions please, who else works at/with bitcoinica.com ?

No, I will not answer your questions from now on.

We will focus on finalizing our KYC stuff for compliance. All the information you asked for will be released in public when we're ready to. It's an important strategic move for us, and we want to be extremely careful about every big change we make.

I don't care about your complaint. The Board has already approved a re-organization of the company, and Bitcoinica will operate in neither United States nor Singapore. We care more about our clients' responses towards our KYC requirements and how the public will react to the financial services provider status we have got.

We are 100% confident that what we are doing is fully legal and ethical. A legal complaint from a random guy doesn't change what we are doing right now.

ok, i understand. I am only spending more time in here trying to keep an elaborate conversation with you just in case i was wrong and a withdrawal of my complaint was needed after you proved bitcoinica.com being legal and compliant.

I'm 100% confident that you are and wait forward for you to prove it to your users and "random guys", in any way you see fit.

Is this contact info correct ?

[email protected]
+1 (408) 899-5564

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
February 17, 2012, 12:35:20 PM
@zhoutong thanks for answering some questions. Can you show us some paperwork on bitcoinica.com, like company registration with the local authorities, and your position in the company ? Contract or similar will do, you can blackout very sensitive information.

Who else works at bitcoinica.com ? Can you provide some relevant information in the public domain on the issues above ?

I have already promised to release this information, but not now due to our on-going process of corporate re-organization. We just developed the account verification system today.

It's fine if you proceed with whatever you're doing. But your compliant is definitely invalid according to our current status.

The requested information had to be made public in the first place. I will not withdraw my complaint without you making a public announcement presenting your company public information. The validity of my complaint is not of your duties to decide.

Can you refrain only answering some of my questions please, who else works at/with bitcoinica.com ?

No, I will not answer your questions from now on.

We will focus on finalizing our KYC stuff for compliance. All the information you asked for will be released in public when we're ready to. It's an important strategic move for us, and we want to be extremely careful about every big change we make.

I don't care about your complaint. The Board has already approved a re-organization of the company, and Bitcoinica will operate in neither United States nor Singapore. We care more about our clients' responses towards our KYC requirements and how the public will react to the financial services provider status we have got.

We are 100% confident that what we are doing is fully legal and ethical. A legal complaint from a random guy doesn't change what we are doing right now.
Pages:
Jump to: