Pages:
Author

Topic: Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com - page 5. (Read 13937 times)

donator
Activity: 29
Merit: 252
February 16, 2012, 11:21:15 PM
Watching.

Bitcoinica may (or may not) very well come out short of paperwork-obligations, but that in no way excuses a police complaint from someone who's not been wronged.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
February 16, 2012, 11:26:03 PM
Man.. guys like you are the reason why I hate the law.

If you don't like a service don't do business with it.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
February 16, 2012, 11:06:43 PM
@Littleshop hate repeating it all over this thread

quoting psy:

@teflone: I could translate it to you but I'll just tell you the general guidelines.
1- He discovered a website in the internet who takes money from people without asking for identification documents.
2- That the only information they have in the webiste is about how to send money to them.
3- That in a later date they started accepting deposits from people and they play with them on the market and promise high returns on the investment.
4- That he has asked more information about the company in public forums, I suspect bitcointalk.org, and have got no answers from the company, thus believing they are a sweat shop.
5- He hasn't personally lost any money or patrimony with said company but it's his desire that the police investigates them
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
February 16, 2012, 11:01:50 PM

I don't think there is a conflict of interests at all, it's only a warning to the competent authorities of the potential unregulated or illegal activities until the opposite is proven

We have to prove we are innocent? 

When asked about what laws you thought they broke you said you did not know.  So what are you accusing them LEGALLY with that complaint you put in writing? 

again, i'm not accusing anyone with nothing only putting it into the authorities attention, i recommend you do the same and let them investigate

Third ask.  What are you accusing them of in that complaint?  The title of YOUR thread is "Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com"

of nothing, the exact translation of "denuncia" in Spanish language is "complaint" in English, you can understand it as the complainant gives a heads up of suspicious activity to authorities

You are accusing them of nothing?  Last time I did that... I didn't need to do anything.... at all.  (talk, visit the cops, post on a board about it etc)

What suspicious activity do you cite? 

legendary
February 16, 2012, 10:46:52 PM

I don't think there is a conflict of interests at all, it's only a warning to the competent authorities of the potential unregulated or illegal activities until the opposite is proven

When asked about what laws you thought they broke you said you did not know.  So what are you accusing them LEGALLY with that complaint you put in writing? 

again, i'm not accusing anyone with nothing only putting it into the authorities attention, i recommend you do the same and let them investigate

Third ask.  What are you accusing them of in that complaint?  The title of YOUR thread is "Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com"

of nothing, the exact translation of "denuncia" in Spanish language is "complaint" in English, you can understand it as the complainant gives a heads up of suspicious activity to authorities
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
February 16, 2012, 10:43:43 PM
Assuming this is simply a request to authorities to investigate, here's what I have to say:

To Paraipan:  Ok.  Looks fine to me.

To everyone else:  SO FUCKING WHAT?
Activity: 616
Merit: 506
February 16, 2012, 10:43:33 PM
with regretting to inform, complaint of official designation to "Send cash with bitcoins !" non regulated and violation.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 16, 2012, 10:42:49 PM
I was just explaining why you are repeatedly being called a rat. You said you didn't get the point. I already stated that I have never even visited the site, and probably never will.

NOTHING productive will come of this thread...it is already four pages of people calling you out for your weasely actions, with one guy agreeing with you.
legendary
February 16, 2012, 10:41:55 PM

legendary
February 16, 2012, 10:35:04 PM

When asked about what laws you thought they broke you said you did not know.  So what are you accusing them LEGALLY with that complaint you put in writing?  

@RandyFolds please keep those comments for yourself if you don't have anything of value to add, are you affiliated in any way with bitcoinica ?
February 16, 2012, 10:34:48 PM
Nobody likes a rat. . .

i don't get your point

Point being that you are a squealing rat-fink bastard for dime-ing out someone who didn't harm you or society in any manner and whom you aren't certain even committed the offenses you claim.

And you posted it all here, perhaps thinking that the community would applaud you for it, exacerbating the idiocy of your actions.
legendary
February 16, 2012, 10:27:07 PM

February 16, 2012, 09:51:27 PM
Anyone who does business with this guy would be highly unethical. He has used the law (which exists to protect customers) as a commercial weapon. He has a conflict of interest. It is when companies (and large corporations) use the law in this manner that a society becomes corrupt. This guy is a promoter of corruption.

i don't provide any kind of platform similar to bitcoinica, i don't understand your point

As paraipan runs a business with competing interests, his legal filing is of dubious legality. This is termed conflict of interest. His role as a competing business has the potential to possibly corrupt his other acts in this area. Legally he has no role in this area. He is not a customer.

http://bitcoinmedia.com/bitcoinica-legal-complaint/

It does not matter. You're in a legally grey area by using the law in this way. And in a highly unethical way too.

If I was in spain, I would probably accuse you of being a pedophile as a warning to the competent authorities of the potential sexual abuse until the opposite is proven.
legendary
February 16, 2012, 09:49:00 PM
Anyone who does business with this guy would be highly unethical. He has used the law (which exists to protect customers) as a commercial weapon. He has a conflict of interest. It is when companies (and large corporations) use the law in this manner that a society becomes corrupt. This guy is a promoter of corruption.

i don't provide any kind of platform similar to bitcoinica, i don't understand your point

As paraipan runs a business with competing interests, his legal filing is of dubious legality. This is termed conflict of interest. His role as a competing business has the potential to possibly corrupt his other acts in this area. Legally he has no role in this area. He is not a customer.

It does not matter. You're in a legally grey area by using the law in this way. And in a highly unethical way too.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
February 16, 2012, 09:39:25 PM

Activity: 308
February 16, 2012, 09:35:34 PM
I think bitcoinica should respond to this post offically .

+1

Three days ago, zhou said this.
In the future a few weeks, we will make our legal information fully available to our users. So please just wait while we're getting everything ready.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 16, 2012, 09:33:54 PM
Dear Bitcointalk.org users,

We at Bitcoin Magazine were unaware of the actions or intentions of the user paraipan and subsequently asked him to remove the reference to Bitcoin Magazine in his signature. He volunteered to work for the magazine as a Spanish translator but has not had any direct involvement with the development of the magazine to date. His actions do not in any way reflect the opinions of Bitcoin Magazine. His future at the magazine is pending further discussion.

Sincerely,

Bitcoin Magazine
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 16, 2012, 09:29:36 PM
i suppose you know it's not our job to determine the legality of an online service, we just use them without asking too many questions. I would really like to know, in what country is bitcoinica registered ?

For those with short memories, there is a very nice thread tracking down Mt.Gox and if they were registered.  Eventually (much later) it was confirmed.

Just because paraipan doesn't know something, apparently the rest of the world doesn't know either.  Therefore, every business in the world should respond to him with their AML policy.  If he has a fax number, I'll send mine.
legendary
February 16, 2012, 09:28:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
February 16, 2012, 09:26:35 PM

Pages:
Jump to: