Pages:
Author

Topic: Legal guns to protect from government = bitcoin to protect from banks? - page 2. (Read 828 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Yes, you are right. Bitcoin is the key to freedom for society from government and bank pressure. But for bitcoin banks like rebellions, banks are always trying to take advantage of deposits but bitcoin is not, bitcoin pumps their money who wants to invest or trade. Bitcoin also frees people from taxes, though for now many governments are willing to legalize bitcoin but that does not mean they will remain silent without taking advantage.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Good analogy. It makes sense... Even because governments are always trying to implement gun control politics, also always trying to implement regulations over Bitcoin.

Their strategy: To use fear against people in both cases. To make people fear guns, to fear Bitcoin, so the government can control/regulate anything easily, without resistance.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
In US guns where legalized for the primary purpose of people protect against oppressive governments. Brilliant idea.

Is Bitcoin the same thing against FIAT? No doubt FIAT is oppressive (just read some basic economics).

Very big difference my friend. Dont see any relevance with what example you gave. We still have Gold and silvers to protect us from the catastrophic effects if in any case something get wrong with the FIAT. I dont know why people have started to think about the crypto currency a lot in todays date as there was Gold rush before and now they rely on the crypto's straight. Putting too much trust over the crypto and its still in the ambiguity whether the regulatory acceptance will come or not.  Huh
Activity: 182
Quite a strange comparision. Guns are invented for self-protection (from those who are criminals, mentally ill people etc). Of course sometimes police officers are brutal enough but still...Bitcoin can be seen as a new kind of currency that are free not only from banks but also from regulating in general, from wasting time...
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
Fiat can't be oppressive, it's an inanimate object. Just like a gun doesn't draw people to violence, it's just a tool. Also, like others have mentioned, BTC wasn't made to eliminate fiat. It was made to give people a choice. To show them that the way of the government (go to school, get a job, take a loan, buy a house and a car, save for retirement, pay taxes, get social security) isn't the only way.

I do not think so, I feel Fiat can oppress Bitcoin, the first reason is Bitcoin still depend on Fiat (if there is no Fiat then Bitcoin no one invests), the second reason is Bitcoin is still considered as investment tool instead of currency (thus Fiat is still can play Bitcoin users)
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
Nope bitcoin is being misused and there are many misconceptions against bitcoin. Some are saying that bitcoin is used in a form of payment which actually there is an happening where some establishment accept bitcoin but we all know that there could be some regulations on it because that bitcoin will be converted to fiat and there are transaction fee's to be taken after bitcoin converted to fiat money. But if the establishment will accept bitcoin without the conversion of bitcoin to fiat money that would be great. This is one of the problem and one of the misconception. Some would also say that it could save fees from the banks if we are going to save in cryptocurrency but actually here in the Philippines it is costly since local exchange has higher rate and that would be much expensive than saving money in the bank. For example we buy ether for 430 USD which in the current price in coinmarketcap is only 410 USD so got 20 USD and that is already a big thing and exchanging it to fiat it could be another story for example you had sold  ether for 410 but the current price in coinmarketcap is 430. So there could be a big difference on saving money in crypto and in the bank. But we are saving money on crypto because we know that there is a huge market price increase in the near future and we do only hold and could not day trade so sad.
Activity: 293
Merit: 1
Of course the government must be protected by the walls of the Law, because otherwise there will be many who threaten. as well as Bitcoin, Bitcoin was created because to avoid the bank. the bank reap the benefits of its users, its users always complain because the bank is so pressing by doing fraud.
Actually Not the same problem or not, because Bitcoin need Fiat as a bridge to be able to transact from the user with other users.
so I think Fiat is very depressing Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is still dependent on Fiat.
Activity: 414
Merit: 100
Bitcoin with Fiat can not be equated, but in its function of mutual need. Bitcoin still needs Fiat in its use, it can not be avoided. All parties are always pressing Bitcoin So also with fiat and Government, doing everything possible to make Bitcoin destroyed. but on the one hand, because so many users of Bitcoin it will be very unfortunate if it is destroyed. surely the government will peg a very large tax.
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
In US guns where legalized for the primary purpose of people protect against oppressive governments. Brilliant idea.

Is Bitcoin the same thing against FIAT? No doubt FIAT is oppressive (just read some basic economics).
I think you're wrong. Some governments allow citizens to have guns because they can't protect everyone from street crime. No one is allowed to have weapons to defend against a repressive government. Moreover, the more repressive the government, the less it values human life and therefore weapons are banned in such countries. No government wants to deprive itself of the right to influence all citizens through Fiat.
Activity: 72
i dont think so.it is not made to go against fiat, just to be a new payment system, and a decentralized one. for now though most people are just using bitcoin to gain more fiat.
Activity: 34
Fiat can't be oppressive, it's an inanimate object. Just like a gun doesn't draw people to violence, it's just a tool. Also, like others have mentioned, BTC wasn't made to eliminate fiat. It was made to give people a choice. To show them that the way of the government (go to school, get a job, take a loan, buy a house and a car, save for retirement, pay taxes, get social security) isn't the only way.

I think you haven't study where fiat comes from in your pocket and how it works. It is fundamentally a coercive form of currency. It is oppressive by design. And no, it is not an inanimate object, fiat is not only the paper bill, it is the whole system.

Governments across the world have very different views on how your life should be. Only in US (as far as I know) there is a second amendment designed to empower people with firearms so that they can protect themselves against tyrannical govs and choose a life they like. And only??? bitcoin/crypto empowers people to trade between themselves without the censorship from banks or other financial institutions and without the devaluating mechanics built in fiat.

Activity: 252
I think you are right. In recent time, cryptos are getting acceptance from mass people all over the world. This form of currency make life easy and hassless. So I also believe that bitcoin is to protect from the banks traditonal system.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
Bitcoin is not the 21century anti faint dose but a full revolution, bitcoin has come to offer it users the full financial freedom from the financial prison they are cage in by the traditional financial institutions and the third party mode of financial transactions, bitcoin is here to liberate the world from it financial slavery and that is a great move for all of us.
Activity: 82
The comparison over here is a bit too extreme but yes, the purpose behind it is quite the same. Bitcoins are here to protect us from fiat, given how the laws are portrayed to shield the banks and the governments on the activities regarding what we do with the bitcoins.
Activity: 99
I don't really agree with you. Fiats are no enemy to us. Rather it would be lot better if we could run both cryptos and fiat money side by side.
Activity: 308
Well, I think this two are pretty similar. I agree that BTC is here to protect us from the bank currency. We can use BTC instead of fiat money. There are lot of problem in fiat money. BTC help people from keeping away their asset from the local fiat money and retaining its real value over time.
Activity: 34

LOL. Guns to protect against oppressive governments. People have to protect themselves when real tragic situations show up, like the gun shots in the various schools, where were the guns then? And sure Donald Trump became president just like that. No Russians involved.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin was never intended to go against fiat, it was intended to be a payment system that is decentralized and has P2P protocol. And comparing bitcoin to fiat, is just not fair. Bitcoin, is here to protect people yes. Does this mean banks are bad? No, but in my case: Yes. But do you ever see local citizens(not mobs/gangsters/terrorists) using guns to protect themselves from the government? Same might go for bitcoin, people don't care about bitcoin. They only care about money. So long as they get profits, they would keep using. Ultimately everyone uses bitcoin to convert it to fiat.

I didn't say anything to suggest aggressive behavior of guns or bitcoin. In fact I stated the other way around, that these are tools for protection not attack.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507

LOL. Guns to protect against oppressive governments. People have to protect themselves when real tragic situations show up, like the gun shots in the various schools, where were the guns then? And sure Donald Trump became president just like that. No Russians involved.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin was never intended to go against fiat, it was intended to be a payment system that is decentralized and has P2P protocol. And comparing bitcoin to fiat, is just not fair. Bitcoin, is here to protect people yes. Does this mean banks are bad? No, but in my case: Yes. But do you ever see local citizens(not mobs/gangsters/terrorists) using guns to protect themselves from the government? Same might go for bitcoin, people don't care about bitcoin. They only care about money. So long as they get profits, they would keep using. Ultimately everyone uses bitcoin to convert it to fiat.
Activity: 294
BTC really change the concept of currency based on this in online process its great to use based on this you can do many things with this currency also many people do trade with this but they have no relations between banks because it’s in online process.
Pages:
Jump to: