Pages:
Author

Topic: Let be objective with our investment - page 4. (Read 1917 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 04:54:47 AM
Now you can see such big ups, but they are very few. And in most cases they are difficult to predict. Usually so take off coins from which you do not expect at all.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
September 11, 2018, 04:45:14 AM
Rather than lost indeed 20% or less is the realistic of percentages currently but for bitcoin i believe if you have more patience then get 10x from your initial investment is not impossible but this is not happened for short term period because this year all of crypto users still face up difficult year even we are almost near to end of year but there is no sign for upcoming big pump
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
September 11, 2018, 03:18:10 AM
We need to accept the facts that it's very difficult now to see a coins doing x10 x20 or even doing 50% returns on investment in this bear period.
your are very mistaken. altcoin pumps are already taking place. there is no pause button or "bear period" for altcoin pump and dumps. they will always get pumped and dumped every day. why do you think there is nearly 2000 altcoins available? it is because pumpers want to have as many options for pumping as possible.

And nobody knows when the bulls will come. Therefore,  it's will be advisable to exist when your coins do 20% returns or even less. I know some investors will not be satisfied with 20% but we need to be objective and understand this bear period will last longer than expect.
in depends on which coin you are talking about.
bitcoin will start rising pretty soon, possibly next month as we put ETF behind us and the market starts up with freshness.
altcoins as I said above have been getting pumped this year too, you just haven't been looking at the pumped coins but you were stuck with the top coins that are actually getting dumped.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 02:52:31 AM
Yes, you're absolutely right. The price can not grow forever and bullish rally will always be followed by a bearish correction, we just needs to wait.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
September 11, 2018, 02:50:25 AM
I think a 20% return is very good. You should understand then investing is not  ''become rich overnight'' scheme. I know for some of us it has happened last year, but it is like a lottery. Normally a profit of 10% in a month per your investment is a great result.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 03:49:02 PM
I really cherish your advice but the issue will that 20% come untine. Then you should note that, the 20% will depend greatly on the time the investment is made.
Activity: 25
September 10, 2018, 03:47:06 PM
Most people are in for the gain, so they rush without considering the pros and cons of there investment.it is worrisome.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
September 10, 2018, 03:39:07 PM
you are in deep shit!

Lol.. but those that started before 2017 were not rich at the beginning, they were also in too much doubt and with time, their fears were taken away as price began to appreciate and increase.

In cryptocurrency and with what I'm seeing, no time is late to enter the market, we just have to know when price is low, you buy and hodl. Longtime hodling will always be a nice decision if patient will be embraced.
Activity: 410
Merit: 100
September 10, 2018, 03:38:10 PM
I agree, the company is difficult.But any profit is better than no profit or loss.Competent investors understand this and use this picture in their favor.During the crisis, someone is always poor, and someone is enriched.Our task is to be those who are smarter and richer as a result)))No tantrums straight to victory.Everything will be decided next year.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
September 10, 2018, 03:37:25 PM
We need to accept the facts that it's very difficult now to see a coins doing x10 x20 or even doing 50% returns on investment in this bear period.  And nobody knows when the bulls will come. Therefore,  it's will be advisable to exist when your coins do 20% returns or even less. I know some investors will not be satisfied with 20% but we need to be objective and understand this bear period will last longer than expect.

Exactly, so many people are still in the denial stage. We need to face the reality that it might take a while for the market to bounce back. I'm sure that everyone really wanted to see the price going on a massive bull run similar to last year, but no, I't won't happening. That's why I don't put too much emphasize on a all-time-high, I already accepted that fact.

I just look at it in a year-to-year basis. We are definitely up from last year, so I advise specially newbies that if you are not comfortable with what you see today, before wait it out so that you won't regret entering today because you might not see your investment grow as you would have expected it to be.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
September 10, 2018, 03:27:15 PM
Definitey. x1000 is simply not going to happen now, people should be happy if they even get 2-3x within a short period of time. The market is not in good shape right now so even modest gains should be grabbed and exited as soon as possible. Don't hold out for more than 15% a month or you are likely to lose a lot more.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
September 10, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
1. i sold a paper clip. it cost me 1penny i sold it for 3 pennies.. YAY 3x
2. that was yesterday, today no one wanted another paper clip..

lesson. it may happen once to a certain asset. doesnt mean it will repeat every time

1. i had a blue chain of paperclips this time. i sold 1 for 3pennies YAY 3x for every new paperclip ICO premine day one sale
2. that was yesterday, today no one wanted another paper clip..

lesson. it may happen once to a certain asset. doesnt mean it will repeat every time
most ICO's are boring no-utility, over hyped PoS(no cost to create) crap.

bitcoin has (so far) got merchant utility. got a known presence and has an actual underlying cost of production(PoW)
so bitcoin if you ignore the cubs and calves(the small bulls and bears) and look at the long term view.. yep that means zooming out of daily/wekly charting and look at the 3 year chart

2016: >$300
2017: >$900
2018: >$5800
bitcoin is a 6x BULL so far this year.

have a nice day
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
Ethereum Limited Edition ICO
September 10, 2018, 03:01:48 PM
We need to accept the facts that it's very difficult now to see a coins doing x10 x20 or even doing 50% returns on investment in this bear period.  And nobody knows when the bulls will come. Therefore,  it's will be advisable to exist when your coins do 20% returns or even less. I know some investors will not be satisfied with 20% but we need to be objective and understand this bear period will last longer than expect.

The market situation right now is not really good. My folio is decreaaing everyday. And the bearish months as you is longer than we expected but I am still holding my coins as I know it wiml be back to normal. I Don't know what should I suggest to others but me it is too late to cut off my losses already. So I am still waiting for the right time to sell.
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
September 10, 2018, 01:07:48 PM
The bull and the bear market are part and parcel of the cryptocurrency market and at that it will be very hard for investors to be able to be objective on the percentage to cash out due to the high volatility of the system, while some investors will be OK with a 20%to30% return or even less some others will prefer to hold till they fixed percentage is reached before they sale.
Activity: 5
September 10, 2018, 12:55:38 PM
So the point is we have to take advantage of the slightest opportunity, if there is any small profit, then we must immediately attract because nowadays there is rarely a new coin with a very productive price, from thousands of coins in circulation, maybe only 5 really successful coin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
September 10, 2018, 12:33:03 PM
yes this situation is very unpleasant because it cannot make us feel happy like at the end of 2017, but I am sure that it will come back to such a beautiful time later in 2019 so please be a little patient to enjoy what is.
if there are 20% why not take it, I think a little little game is the same, it counts as profitable, little by little, it will feel a lot, so be smart in playing so that it becomes big and continues.
I think it depends on their way, because everyone is different how to play, you need to pay attention back 20% is not easy to do, it needs an expected process.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
September 10, 2018, 12:26:04 PM
we need to be objective and understand this bear period will last longer than expect.
That's a bold thing to say. The cryptocurrency market is unpredictable, so objectively, anything can happen, even in the current state of the market there can be a sudden upward movements that will make investors regret selling their coins for a measly 20% ROI when they could've seen bigger profits should they have waited a bit longer.

In such unpredictable market, best thing to do during a bear season is to either hold your coins or buy some more while prices are low, if you're patient enough, those 20% would look like a joke in the long run.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
September 10, 2018, 12:11:39 PM

I believe you mean to say exit when they're getting around 20% appreciation, which according to me is not a great idea. If you observe past returns given by bitcoins, this is very less and I am not really sure why would people settle for less. As for the bear periods do remember they won't last forever, sooner bulls will be back and one will definitely earn more than 20%.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 10, 2018, 12:09:29 PM
Well, generally I invest for the long-term and it doesn't make any sense to look at the charts for the purpose of taking any exit decision (as the primary investment is meant to hold for the long run). On the other hand, I believe that movement is a growth and hence if we are really expecting some growth for this sector then there is no option other than spending the coins we have as a payment system instead of looking at it as a speculative instrument in the first place itself.
Activity: 122
September 10, 2018, 11:50:13 AM
Yes, it is true. Until the next moment when you can do x 10 or more, it's still very far. There is even a possibility that in principle this will not happen. On the other hand ... Is x2 bad for money? Yes, almost in no business sector such money in such a short period of time is not done. I think some people are completely insolent for a certain period of market growth ... it's time to get used to the changes
Pages:
Jump to: