Pages:
Author

Topic: Let's vote for a new mod for India - page 3. (Read 906 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
August 19, 2019, 01:19:26 AM
I concur that Heisenberg as Mod would be great.

A new Mod would be nice to have but what we really need is some more initiative. Great to see people getting enthusiastic towards the board.

I do wish some of the older, well-meaning people would come around. Benson is one name. Who else do you guys know?
From the older generation, I think we only have legendster being active enough.. (Older generation...lol..)
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
August 18, 2019, 04:50:55 AM
I really don't know who to support to be a smart for India because I am recently active in the local board so I am not so who prefer to moderate and spend time to be a moderator here so I will wait and decide who is doing the right word to be a moderator.

I saw lot of Indian members on the main board but not here much active.
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
August 18, 2019, 03:16:45 AM
Thanks for all the trust you people have kept on me. But the appointment of moderator (at least in bitcointalk) doesn't take place in the way of voting. The forum is a decentralized one and not as we think the majority of other forums are. Here report statistics speaks for themselves. If you have reported more posts and if the percentage of good reports are higher you will have a fair chance to become a moderator.

As I always say, I don't quote myself as a top reporter in the Indian board and the stats can only be presented by theymos himself. More importantly we need the stats of reporters after Benson was dethroned from the position. Right now I have around 820-850 reports and from that around 650-700 good reports should probably be from the Indian section. I have PM'd theymos regarding the stats and we need to wait for the reply from him.

I urge everyone to read my previous post on the current stance of our country and people in terms of adopting digital currencies. We need to note that, moderator is just a volunteer and not like a leader/administrator  for the section. They can only move posts to correct sections and represent the community in a global level. It's sad to note that, I haven't came across even a single Indian developer contributing to the bitcoin code. Among the fellow Indian crypto enthusiasts (where around 90-95% of them are traders) I took a different path to learn the code and thinking of contributing to the source code in future once I get strong with the concepts.

Considering the Altcoins (India) subsection, they are completely dominated by low level greedy spammers who don't care anything for the forum and just translate shit to receive free money. Being a non-native Hindi speaker, my point of view might be wrong with translations. So if anyone of you find a fake translation taking place in the child board, report them regularly until they get handled by global mods. I report regularly in other Indian child boards and main boards and they are being handled within a hour or two either by global mods or mitzie (Greek mod).

P. S : Reporter Statistics are important, let us wait for it.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
August 17, 2019, 03:09:56 PM
Earlier I had a minor scuffle with Heisenberg_Hunter.

Or so I thought.

Given the light of recent incidents, I think I am willing to let that go and even support him if that's what it takes to keep this section clean.
Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
August 17, 2019, 02:05:07 PM
I vote for Benson Samuel

He has been the mod before and he took care of things pretty well.
Coinsecure is in the past and we all know that he wasn't involved.

His status show he is last active on Aug 14 2019, but he hasn't posted anything for almost a year and a half. So, I believe he is not as active as before to moderate the Indian Board.
Heisenberg_Hunter, not a legendary member but doing a good job here even if he doesn't post much in the Indian Board. So, I'll vote for him.
Yes mate you are right the Heisenberg_Hunter is very active in Bitcointalk community, so I am going to support him only, Heisenberg_Hunter doing well mate keep going.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
August 17, 2019, 01:11:33 PM
I vote for Benson Samuel

His status show he is last active on Aug 14 2019, but he hasn't posted anything for almost a year and a half. So, I believe he is not as active as before to moderate the Indian Board.
Heisenberg_Hunter, not a legendary member but doing a good job here even if he doesn't post much in the Indian Board. So, I'll vote for him.
www.V.systems
August 17, 2019, 12:31:01 PM
I vote for Benson Samuel

www.V.systems
August 17, 2019, 12:29:37 PM
I hear you.

India has no mod. But Theymos does not hear you (yet).

So let's put together a list of candidates that you think is active here and can moderate this board.

Just reply to this post with a name recommendation and a comment on why you support that guy.

In the end, I'll create a meta thread and our top picks would be suggested there so that Theymos can take a look at it and decide.

Self-mod to avoid shitheads / spams
Pages:
Jump to: