Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning network - page 5. (Read 624 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
July 21, 2018, 02:20:00 PM
The LN is going to without a doubt revolutionize bitcoin and all things crypto, but we can't continue talking about it like it's going to come out tomorrow. The LN is far from being able to process large transactions, nor is it able to process many transactions at the moment. I would like to say again that I do love the idea behind it, and I do think that it will do great things if / when it goes public and has the adoption it needs to be relevant. We must continue to stress the fact that it isn't ready for mass adoption yet. Plus, stuff like this SHOULDNT have an affect on price NOR should it matter. I don't know why people always adopt price and innovation together. Look at the shitcoins if you want that point proven.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
July 21, 2018, 02:19:12 PM
Am glad been in this forum at this moment of the day.  Been patiently waiting for this lightening network, many tokens truly are going to go into extinction. We can't tell what will become of BCH, currently watching it in 3D. Truly BTC scalability issue is about to end, I foresee massive adoption of BTC by big institutions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
July 21, 2018, 01:57:03 PM
Lightning network will make Bitcoin fastest and one of the cheapest crypto. It will make manny crypto which only advantage over bitcoin is transaction fees and speed useless. It will suck money from them and pump bitcoin. Week ago i found tool to track lightning network developement progress and I would like to share it with you guys. I think its worth to check regularly.

https://p2sh.info/dashboard/db/lightning-network?orgId=1&from=now-6M&to=now

Today sum of opened chanels has value of 95 bitcoins. Its not that much but as you can see it was 75 BTC week ago and  chart looks like it could be 200 in next week. I think that ligdtning network developement is speeding up and soonly we will have great news about it and price can jump to unknown levels. And none TA will show that.
thanks for the information you provide. but I do not think it would have a major impact on the current bitcoin price. If we look at 2-3 years ago maybe what you give this will look and have a direct impact on bitcoin prices because there were very few people in the world who know of bitcoin as a digital exchange tool. Hopefully, if used could have an impact on the current bitcoin price even though I'm still a bit hesitant
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
July 21, 2018, 01:48:03 PM
Lightning network will make Bitcoin fastest and one of the cheapest crypto. It will make manny crypto which only advantage over bitcoin is transaction fees and speed useless. It will suck money from them and pump bitcoin. Week ago i found tool to track lightning network developement progress and I would like to share it with you guys. I think its worth to check regularly.

Today sum of opened chanels has value of 95 bitcoins. Its not that much but as you can see it was 75 BTC week ago and  chart looks like it could be 200 in next week. I think that ligdtning network developement is speeding up and soonly we will have great news about it and price can jump to unknown levels. And none TA will show that.

Lightning network is a 3rd party offchain payment system , it also works with Litecoin or any other coin that included segwit.
Also fees are still variable with LN and each hub can charge additional fees and no one knows what the so called watch towers are going to charge.

I guess that ruins your theory as LN is not bitcoin only.  Wink

Yea but we have bitcoin - slow, expensive but with huge hype/marketing/infrastructure and other coins made for payments to be faster and cheaper. If bitcoin become faster and cheaper other will not be able to compete even if they apply lightning network or not. Even if bitcoin will need 0.1 cents for transfer and there will be some even cheaper they will loose with bitcoin because of its hype/marketing/infrastructure. Thats why lightning network will moon bitcoin and dump others which only purpous was to be faster and cheaper than bitcoin.

Thats why i think that monitoring lightning network developement is mandatory.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack
July 21, 2018, 07:15:43 AM

Today sum of opened chanels has value of 95 bitcoins. Its not that much but as you can see it was 75 BTC week ago and  chart looks like it could be 200 in next week. I think that ligdtning network developement is speeding up and soonly we will have great news about it and price can jump to unknown levels. And none TA will show that.

Lightning network is a 3rd party offchain payment system , it also works with Litecoin or any other coin that included segwit.
Also fees are still variable with LN and each hub can charge additional fees and no one knows what the so called watch towers are going to charge.

I guess that ruins your theory as LN is not bitcoin only.  Wink
legendary
July 21, 2018, 07:01:57 AM
Exacly. Thats why i think it is important to monitor lightning network dewelopement. I think that after reaching 100BTC or 1 000 or 10 000 BTC someone important in crypto will spread that news and that will pump price. And with that fast developement it can happend next week - month.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
July 21, 2018, 03:29:37 AM
Lightning network is really the best way for bitcoin to make it more better than ever. If the lightning network will be implemented then the bitcoin transaction fees will be much smaller compared to before. Also it the network is established the confirmation of transactions will be much faster than before and there will be no back logs on the mempool.
legendary
July 21, 2018, 03:02:44 AM

Today sum of opened chanels has value of 95 bitcoins. Its not that much but as you can see it was 75 BTC week ago and  chart looks like it could be 200 in next week. I think that ligdtning network developement is speeding up and soonly we will have great news about it and price can jump to unknown levels. And none TA will show that.
Pages:
Jump to: