Pages:
Author

Topic: Lightning Network Lenders' (and borrowers) discussion thread. - page 2. (Read 1974 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I have never done anything with php and probably won't for a while either.

If they've just put a load of random stuff together though it might not be the most secure thing to run for sending out invoices...

Does quickbooks work with bitcoin? I don't really have to worry about taxes as they just ask for estimates here so I try to give as accurate as possible but they don't care so much if somethings submitted wrong (especially if you overpay or it doesn't affect tax). (I normally just copy and pasta a column in electrum).
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 6182
Crypto Swap Exchange
The bad news is, for some reason I can only do it once and then lnd refuses to do it a second time without a restart. Since I can generate them by hand through SSH it has to be something with my shitty code.

What language are you trying to script in there? Bash, python, c?

I'd recommend trying python if you know how to use it as it's going to be easier than anything else, unless qrencode (that''s installed with bitcoin core) is able to handle it...

I  was using PHP, because the rest of the ticketing system is written in it so I went in with the attitude of how hard can this be.
The biggest issue (outside of the I am not a programmer) is that the person who wrote it thought they were the worlds best programmer and did a lot of work adding features that were never going to be used to make it "better". Do you really need the ability to change the font on the trouble ticket depending on the customer? And I kept running into those issues. (i.e. jobdescript2font undefined added that in the ini file and then jobdescript3font undefined)

Probably going to table it for now until we update QBooks after tax season. This way if anything else changes with it I Am not doing this again.

-Dave
copper member
The bad news is, for some reason I can only do it once and then lnd refuses to do it a second time without a restart. Since I can generate them by hand through SSH it has to be something with my shitty code.

What language are you trying to script in there? Bash, python, c?

I'd recommend trying python if you know how to use it as it's going to be easier than anything else, unless qrencode (that''s installed with bitcoin core) is able to handle it...
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
It's a self hosted payment server for BTC and Lightning.
I was trying to integrate it for my own use for when I send QuickBooks invoices. There is a kludge that does work, tried to do it my way. I wanted to send the invoice from QBooks and have a QR code attached to it with a lightning invoice that then got emailed to my customer.

https://btcpayserver.org/

-Dave

Am just having a look around the website - looks good.

I've just connected to what I *think* is the bitpay LN node: https://1ml.com/node/0348eb55a7cd2332c3bcf5cf1bd81732d96d99caa56290de57eb02fac3c997d217 (at least it's not a (dot)onion web address)
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
It's a self hosted payment server for BTC and Lightning.
I was trying to integrate it for my own use for when I send QuickBooks invoices. There is a kludge that does work, tried to do it my way. I wanted to send the invoice from QBooks and have a QR code attached to it with a lightning invoice that then got emailed to my customer.

https://btcpayserver.org/

-Dave
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Paid back. Thanks. Actually took 4 hops to get to you. Never seen that much routing for that small an amount before.
So the good news is that I can auto generate an invoice with a QR code and email it.
This is why I like playing with hardware more then software. Guess I am sticking with btcpay server for now.

-Dave

Glad to help - is BTCpay a LN wallet, or online exchange?
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Paid back. Thanks. Actually took 4 hops to get to you. Never seen that much routing for that small an amount before.
So the good news is that I can auto generate an invoice with a QR code and email it.
This is why I like playing with hardware more then software. Guess I am sticking with btcpay server for now.

-Dave
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Need a favor. Can someone tell me if this QR code works? Trying to do something and I don't have my phone or tablet handy.

And if it does work what invoice info do you see?
I have been trying to script auto-generating invoices with QR codes and emailing them. I think I finally got it working.

Thanks,
Dave

"Test" and the amount 30,000 sats.

Having said that Blue took a really long time to think about it before displaying that & also took a longer time to process payment (I *think* it's gone through) + 154 minutes to expiry.

Please repay at:

Code:
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

(one day expiry)

*edit* Payment received.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
Need a favor. Can someone tell me if this QR code works? Trying to do something and I don't have my phone or tablet handy.

And if it does work what invoice info do you see?
I have been trying to script auto-generating invoices with QR codes and emailing them. I think I finally got it working.

Thanks,
Dave
Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
I appreciate the offer. We've been discussing the issue in our three threads (yours, mine and Loyce) over many weeks now.

I'm not walking away from LN, just not offering a testing loan service. The two loan threads are enough for now.
copper member
Wait how/why are they frozen? I might be able to take a look at them but youd have to trust me with your seed (encrypted with an address I present)...

You can track all your funds anyway since you know the address though that they're in.

How did they get stuck can you see what's going on from there - we can try remotely fixing it can you not take the channel offline (I have telegram @jackg54 if you want to contact me to see if we can fix it) ? (I don't really know how testnet works either).

I had hoped lightning with electrum would be released a lot faster than this however I'll leave my thread open in case there's any interest (bumping occasionally).
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
As a courtesy I'm letting you know that I've closed my Lightning Network test&main net lending tread for the time being.

I'll leave this tread open for anyone who wants information on the LN.

While I'll stop well short of  saying this has been an abject failure, both Éclair (main&testnets) wallets are now frozen with =< 0.01 main and 3.8 testnet frozen/lost (which took me a while of faucet scrounging to accumulate). The Zap wallet does not appear to allow inbound connections and the Blue Wallet is purportedly proprietary with no way to connect to other nodes, little or no transaction information being some of the issues I've encountered.

I'm an advocate for the Lightning Network, but these three programs have a way to go.
copper member
Someone had an issue of sending a certain amount of funds on one of the threads above a certain amount and I think I know the issue...

From what I can tell, each node will have a limit of how much it wants to dedicate to a HTLC (which is the contract of a hop from one channel to another). It's normally a fraction of what is held in the channel afaik but it's set because anything that goes into a HTLC is locked from everyone until it either expires or the receiver of the funds receives it.

For example, if me and timelord do a transaction and we both have a channel open with ACINQ, the funds would go: Timelord → ACINQ → jackg

However they're locked for a certain amount of time so

Locked for 2 daysLocked for a day
Timelord
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Did you also backup the Lightning wallets within BlueWallet?

Yes - I've got all wallets (Zap on PC, Eclair on Tablet and now Blue on Mobile) - just not the first Eclair on mobile.

@TL, if you don't want to lose it/want to expand your channels more then you can always transfer the funds to the new wallet.

Done (see above)

Does my personal text look alright? I can't work out what to call it that'll fie in the length limit.

On my mobile up to the arrow are on one line then the rest.

On my PC, the whole lot are on one line. It conveys the message.

copper member
It probably is secure enough to push your channel backup to your emails... The 12/24 word seed keys should be used for the signing derived from your mnemonic.

@TL, if you don't want to lose it/want to expand your channels more then you can always transfer the funds to the new wallet.

Does my personal text look alright? I can't work out what to call it that'll fie in the length limit.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Which is why I'm happy to keep it on standby and use Blue for small amount testing. (and yes, I have the 24 word password written down)
Did you also backup the Lightning wallets within BlueWallet? That's a separate backup, and each new wallet needs a new backup. I used to take a picture of the QR-code, but the latest version allows to copy the code to clipboard so I've emailed it to myself. Not very secure, but I don't mind for small amounts.

I don't even have an on-chain wallet in BlueWallet anymore: I can fund the LN-wallet from any other Bitcoin wallet directly, and if I want to get funds back on-chain I use an external exchange.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I don't seem to have written down the twelve/twenty-four word password.
I can't find the option to export the mnemonic again in Eclair, but if you have the password and the wallet itself works, that means the wallet has the mnemonic stored somewhere. Eclair is open source, so it must be possible to get the mnemonic out somehow. It's probably not worth the effort (yet) though for 0.004BTC.

Which is why I'm happy to keep it on standby and use Blue for small amount testing. (and yes, I have the 24 word password written down)
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I don't seem to have written down the twelve/twenty-four word password.
I can't find the option to export the mnemonic again in Eclair, but if you have the password and the wallet itself works, that means the wallet has the mnemonic stored somewhere. Eclair is open source, so it must be possible to get the mnemonic out somehow. It's probably not worth the effort (yet) though for 0.004BTC.
copper member
My nmonic seed words.

Can you backup the app data just to be sure?
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
My favorite password to try is 000000.
Eclair only uses 6 digits, that password should be easy to brute force, if there's any software that does it.

I've got the six number password, but I don't seem to have written down the twelve/twenty-four word password.

I just took a screenshot, any chance you did?

Screenshot of ??
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org