Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 138. (Read 684871 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
You should upgrade it to BFGMiner, which is focussed on FPGA/ASIC mining (cgminer's FPGA support originally came from this).
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
Thank you very much Cheesy

I installed google authenticator for 2 layer auth on SSH

git clone https://code.google.com/p/google-authenticator/

went to google-authenticator/libpam directory:
make install

google-authenticator
answered questions

added key to app on phone

vim /etc/pam.d/sshd
auth required pam_google_authenticator.so

vim /etc/ssh/sshd_config
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

systemctl restart sshd

I am starting to like linux more and more every time I learn something new Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Installing stuff?  Do;-

pacman -Syu

To update your repositories and install updates and then search for the package you want with;-

pacman -Ss

Then install it with;-

pacman -S

Can I ask what your installing?  If it is useful I had hoped that I had included it but if I have missed something I will include it next time (as long as it is not totally out of scope like X or an MP3 player).

In other news I am about a day or two away from another release that fixes a few things (hopefully ZTEX as well).

The next version will also includes a simple way to enter your pool details in the web interface (no more ssh or putty if you don't want to) and a simple update mechanism so you wont need to download the entire thing every time you do an update.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Got it installed, just tested out CPU quick and it works great! I am a newb when it comes to linux, so I am confused on how to add software. First I tried sudo apt-get install and it said sudo: command not found, so I just tried apt-get install and it said apt-get: command not found. How do I go about installing stuff on Arch Linux?
man pacman
Got it installed, just tested out CPU quick and it works great! I am a newb when it comes to linux, so I am confused on how to add software. First I tried sudo apt-get install and it said sudo: command not found, so I just tried apt-get install and it said apt-get: command not found. How do I go about installing stuff on Arch Linux?
subscribing. I will test it out once I grab another SD card. Looks promising, appreciate it!
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
@serp
This looks promising Smiley

Seriously, thanks for doing the work here.  If this stabilizes the usb issues it will be great for miners.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
I am close to another release tonight with quite a few small improvements (Live updating with out having to download a full image being the biggest)  I will push it back and see if I can get that fixed.
I will try the new image when it is available.
When is the late time you updated your firmware?
I updated the raspi before I swapped 'my' SDcard with 'yours'.
Thanks for the report, it really helps.
My pleasure  Smiley
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
The image just BARELY doesn't fit on my 4GB kingston SD card. I look forward to testing when you release the 2GB version you mention on your site.

If your using Linux and dd to write your image it will probably still work just pop it in.  If your using Win32DiskImager I am not sure, did it write up until the point that it ran out of space?  If it did it should still go.  (I don't use the windows version all that much)

The partition table will be foobar in both cases, it will just have a bung development partition and you may have problems mounting it but its not needed for mining.

Sorry, should have mentioned more details. I was using win32 diskimager. It does not attempt to write anything and just lists the number of sectors required and the number of sectors on the SD card in the error message stating that there is not enough room on the disk (and the sectors required are just barely larger than the sectors on the SDcard).
Maybe if I get around to it I will boot one of my machines into linux.
legendary
Pi & 4 BFL singles running stable for 24h!

Excellent!!

Just going through the ZTEX & ModMiner stuff now, even if it was detected correctly it would not have worked;-

fpgautils.c:466:        _open_bitstream(path, "bitstreams");

I forgot to copy the firmware in place.  Shocked
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Pi & 4 BFL singles running stable for 24h!
New record Grin

Good job MineForeman!
legendary
Ztex 1.15x connected and I get "Found unknown ztex board" error

It might something to do with the libusb headers I am using (ZTEX & ModMiner boards both use libusb).  I am close to another release tonight with quite a few small improvements (Live updating with out having to download a full image being the biggest)  I will push it back and see if I can get that fixed.

The error is generated on line 170 of libztex.c so it is getting detected, just not identified correctly.  When is the late time you updated your firmware?

Thanks for the report, it really helps.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
I got my Raspi with a Ztex 1.15x connected and I get "Found unknown ztex board" error. I am using a powered usb hub connected to the raspi. Logitech wireless usb dongle and ztex connected to the usb hub. This is the info I see with screen -r:

cgminer version 2.10.4 - Started: [2013-01-23 20:11:44] CPU Algo: c
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):128.6K (avg):128.1Kh/s | Q:39  A:0  R:0  HW:0  E:0%  U:0.0/m
 ST: 3  SS: 0  DW: 23  NB: 2  LW: 0  GF: 0  RF: 0  WU: 0.0
 Connected to none diff 1 with LP as user xxx
 Block: 03db2bf99a709eb4...  Diff:2.97M  Started: [20:13:05]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 CPU 0:                | 128.5K/128.1Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 U:0.00/m

[2013-01-23 20:11:43] Started cgminer 2.10.4
 [2013-01-23 20:11:43] Loaded configuration file /root/cgminer-fpga.conf
 [2013-01-23 20:11:43] Found unknown ztex board
 [2013-01-23 20:11:43] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-01-23 20:11:44] Long-polling activated for http://mergedmining.btcguild.c
om:8332/LP/
 [2013-01-23 20:11:49] API running in local read access mode on port 4028
 [2013-01-23 20:13:01] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-01-23 20:13:05] LONGPOLL from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-01-23 20:13:07] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-01-23 20:13:08] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-01-23 20:13:09] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-01-23 20:13:11] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2013-01-23 20:16:20] LONGPOLL from pool 0 requested work restart

:-(
legendary
The image just BARELY doesn't fit on my 4GB kingston SD card. I look forward to testing when you release the 2GB version you mention on your site.

If your using Linux and dd to write your image it will probably still work just pop it in.  If your using Win32DiskImager I am not sure, did it write up until the point that it ran out of space?  If it did it should still go.  (I don't use the windows version all that much)

The partition table will be foobar in both cases, it will just have a bung development partition and you may have problems mounting it but its not needed for mining.
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
mineforeman.com, you are amazing. I will test the image on my pi if I get the time. I have no FPGAs but have no other use for my pi at the moment.

Edit: The image just BARELY doesn't fit on my 4GB kingston SD card. I look forward to testing when you release the 2GB version you mention on your site.
legendary
I cannot take too much credit for the starts, they are part of cgminer api.

Nice set-up though Smiley .
One hour! And rasp is still alive Grin

Nice statistics MineF!
http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/555279-1232013125807AM

This is setup, usb hub is not powered
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8246/rpi2.jpg

Ofc u can use everything I posted
legendary
That looks encouraging.  Now we just have to wait till we see if the USB ports explode!

BTW: Can I use your screen shot?  I will blank out your username if you want (or give you full credit).
legendary
Do you know about the USB problems of the Raspi

Painfully aware.  It is my largest concern and the reason I need testers, I have given the ports absolute hell in testing and I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

My Kernel and build is significantly different then what they are using but without plugging in an FPGA who knows.  I actually have my cross compile tool chain ready to start to compile for a few different development boards but my first choice is the RasPI

Thanks for helping with the testing though!
Jump to: