Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 52. (Read 685021 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
I received yesterday a bitfury, from Spain, and it connects to the RPI via SPI and not via USB.

How can I use MinePeon and bfgminer (or cgminer) to detect the USB ports and also this bitfury via SPI?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3284927

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
This might be too far fetched, but,

I have a cgminer instance on my network with the api enabled. I want to be able to pull stats into minepeon, just as the local cgminer does.

Can this be done? Getting the LCD to work was easy since I just had to specify the api IP on the network.

Yes it can be done, I was doing it for awhile, just takes some modifying of the Python script.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
This might be too far fetched, but,

I have a cgminer instance on my network with the api enabled. I want to be able to pull stats into minepeon, just as the local cgminer does.

Can this be done? Getting the LCD to work was easy since I just had to specify the api IP on the network.

How about 64 USB Erupters + a BFL Jalapeno??

Added the jalapeno a couple days ago, but 64 are a star configuration to a single rhb-500 root hub, that root hub feeds the rPi (the white cable goes to the BFL Jalapeno).
     ------------------------------------------------------------

Great setup!  Grin

Can I ask what is powering the fans?

Peace.

the fans are being powered by a 12v (if memory serves me right it's a 12v 1a, but possibly a 12v 2a) power adapter I converted long ago for another project to a 4-pin molex with a voltage regulator to step down the 12v to a 5v on the 5v output (so it acts as a typical 4-pin molex, 12v (yellow) - ground (black) - ground (black) - 5v (red) ) - which I have going into a 4-pin to 6x 3pin fan split, it seemed to run all the fans at full speed without any problems (versus using a PSU which did the same thing).
Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

Added the jalapeno a couple days ago, but 64 are a star configuration to a single rhb-500 root hub, that root hub feeds the rPi (the white cable goes to the BFL Jalapeno).
     ------------------------------------------------------------

Great setup!  Grin

Can I ask what is powering the fans?

Peace.
I will say I found a key to starting up so many... it takes the USB's (at least the RHB-500) a few seconds to recognize that a computer (in this case the rPi) has been turning on, if I were to let MinePeon boot normally it would only see about 54 erupters (as the other usb hubs are still "turning on" (realizing a computer is there) you can tell this on the RHB-500's due to the nice green indicator light at the front of the hub. So, I delay the miner start up on boot by 20seconds... which corrects the issue and allows for the hubs to "start up" and always boots all 64 without issues if I ever have to reset.
How many BEs are you able to run on each of those RHB-500 hubs?  Did you upgrade the PSU on them?

8x Erupters per hub, I didn't have much luck when trying to switch them to running off a PSU, I had a cheap 450watt and I hooked up one of the hubs to it, had problems running 6x Erupters... I may try tomorrow with a different PSU, but I'm fine running 8x per, it's been stable over a week this way.
Activity: 756
I will say I found a key to starting up so many... it takes the USB's (at least the RHB-500) a few seconds to recognize that a computer (in this case the rPi) has been turning on, if I were to let MinePeon boot normally it would only see about 54 erupters (as the other usb hubs are still "turning on" (realizing a computer is there) you can tell this on the RHB-500's due to the nice green indicator light at the front of the hub. So, I delay the miner start up on boot by 20seconds... which corrects the issue and allows for the hubs to "start up" and always boots all 64 without issues if I ever have to reset.
How many BEs are you able to run on each of those RHB-500 hubs?  Did you upgrade the PSU on them?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't find it, how do I add a delay on the start of the miners?

You need to be using the latest pre-release from;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=291

And then on the settings page add a;-

sleep 60 (where 60 is the seconds you want to wait)

After the bit that says "#!/bin/bash" but before the bit that starts you miner.

Neil
Activity: 756
I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't find it, how do I add a delay on the start of the miners?

Not as hilarious as using CGMiner and watching it fail to recognize 50% of the miners...  Grin
Activity: 672
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Activity: 283
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Grab a copy of the latest pre release from;-

Use the default settings, so far I have been able to run 40 (that is all I have) stable.  It will be interesting to see if you can beat my record.

Neil

That is a work of art  Grin
... hotplug ...

Don't use CGMiner, sorry...
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
... hotplug ...
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Use the default settings, so far I have been able to run 40 (that is all I have) stable.  It will be interesting to see if you can beat my record.

Neil

Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
What could be wrong, Neil?

Can you log in via ssh and do;-

chmod +x /opt/minepeon/etc/init.d/miner-start.sh

I may have inadvertently introduced a but in updating Wink .

Neil

It worked, Neil. I'm back to 0.2.4 PR2. Many thanks.
Activity: 602
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Use the default settings, so far I have been able to run 40 (that is all I have) stable.  It will be interesting to see if you can beat my record.

Neil

Ill check it out tonight and see what happens. It would be great to be running them off the pi considering that was my original plan.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
how many devises have you successfully run with th pi? When I try to run my setup it crashes the pi every time. I have 57 erupters running on 10 d-link 7 hubs. All are connected to a Rosewill 10 port. It runs just fine on my Debian setup on cgminer.  I have been able to get one hub with 6 erupters working but no more then that.

Use the default settings, so far I have been able to run 40 (that is all I have) stable.  It will be interesting to see if you can beat my record.

Neil
Pages:
Jump to: