Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 80. (Read 685021 times)

BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
Maybe the newest versions of MinePeon are somehow incompatible with bfgminer.

I will check into this when I get home, it would be a bit of a bummer if it is true.  The only reason I have been able to support both bfgminer and cgminer is because the API is the same and if they start to differ there is going to be problems.

Neil

There has been some changes to BFGminer 3.1.4    that is not showing up when run on minepeon 0.2.3......Blue color at the top which highlights the function keys and lines around the processor stats....If you run bfgminer 3.1.4 , in a ssh window on minepeon...it gives letters where the solid lines should go.......from what I have seen.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

I will check into this when I get home, it would be a bit of a bummer if it is true.  The only reason I have been able to support both bfgminer and cgminer is because the API is the same and if they start to differ there is going to be problems.

Neil

I am using bfgminer with 0.2.3 MinePeon, but you have to make a modification to /usr/lib/systemd/system/bfgminer.service:

Instead of "-S auto", just change it to "-S all --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100"
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hi,

is it possible to show the minerstat at the Pi monitor without logon after boot?

More detailed: I boot my PI and in normal case, I logon and then start screen -r to see cgminer. Is it possible to autologon and then show automatically cgminer? Or myabe a autologon isn't required to show cgminer after boot?

Thx and regards, Bernd
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

I will check into this when I get home, it would be a bit of a bummer if it is true.  The only reason I have been able to support both bfgminer and cgminer is because the API is the same and if they start to differ there is going to be problems.

Neil
Activity: 27
When I try this, the minepeon web interface just says that cgminer is down.

Did you reboot?  I often find I have to reboot between miner switchs.

Neil

I did reboot.  This is in the new 0.2.3 minepeon version.  Would that make any difference?

By the way, I admire the work that you're doing here.  It's a great service to the Bitcoin mining community.
The "cgminer is down" message is shown when no pools are loaded. I haven't used and tested bfgminer so I'm curious where it breaks.

Maybe bfgminer handles the api a little differently?
Do your devices and pools show up?
My devices and pools don't show up on the summary page.  My pools do show up on the settings page.  If I click to restart the miner, I am given the error, "Could not restart cgminer because: 111 Connection refused".  Maybe the newest versions of MinePeon are somehow incompatible with bfgminer.

Neil

I did reboot.  This is in the new 0.2.3 minepeon version.  Would that make any difference?

By the way, I admire the work that you're doing here.  It's a great service to the Bitcoin mining community.
The "cgminer is down" message is shown when no pools are loaded. I haven't used and tested bfgminer so I'm curious where it breaks.

Maybe bfgminer handles the api a little differently?
Do your devices and pools show up?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Interesting... my RPI started rebooting several times a day after using the new 0.2.3 MinePeon image. I don't know if it's the LCD... I'm going to not start the LCDStatus program to see if the RPI does more reboots.
Activity: 561
will the lcdstats also work for this lcd?
http://www.adafruit.com/products/946

or what needs to be changed?
You don't need to do anything with that - that's a full screen for the RPi
So you can even run a terminal there on the screen with cgminer in it.
Or a web browser of a stats page doing a refresh every so often ...
My original miner.php has an auto refresh option.

yes i first just wanted to show the cgminer in a terminal. that works with entering sudo sreen -r. but i don't want to enter it everytime i start new.
so could you give me a tut how to do that? autologin is not the problem.
web browser is more work i think. and i am a total noob in linux. so i would also need a noobtut for that Smiley
btw is there a way to autoset the time and date after boot? i use the rpi will wlan and everytime it starts it sets back to the
good old 70's...
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of uploading a new 'test' image that I am going to call MinePeon-0.2.3a .

It is identical to 0.2.3 EXCEPT it includes the libraries, files and startup for both PiMiner and cgminerLCDStats.  If you have either of those LCD shields (or both) they should startup at boot.

Neil
+10000 Thanks, I've been having issues and gone back to a previous sd card as i have not had time to test and resolve it (no donation on that card,but you got 7.5g for a couple of hours while i screwed about with it,).
So I will give this a go.

On another note I cut the red wire on my hub cable to sort out my power issues, but had to solder it back as all my miners stopped working. i tested it and it is the 5V + , did I miss something ? the hubs are powered it should not need it ? right ?  Huh

I'm not sure what is causing your miners to not work.  I have cut the red wire in many USB cables without an issue.  Are you sure that the power supply is working?  If you mention the model of USB hub that you have, there may be someone else out there who has had similar problems.

Neil

I did reboot.  This is in the new 0.2.3 minepeon version.  Would that make any difference?

By the way, I admire the work that you're doing here.  It's a great service to the Bitcoin mining community.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of uploading a new 'test' image that I am going to call MinePeon-0.2.3a .

It is identical to 0.2.3 EXCEPT it includes the libraries, files and startup for both PiMiner and cgminerLCDStats.  If you have either of those LCD shields (or both) they should startup at boot.

Neil
+10000 Thanks, I've been having issues and gone back to a previous sd card as i have not had time to test and resolve it (no donation on that card,but you got 7.5g for a couple of hours while i screwed about with it,).
So I will give this a go.

On another note I cut the red wire on my hub cable to sort out my power issues, but had to solder it back as all my miners stopped working. i tested it and it is the 5V + , did I miss something ? the hubs are powered it should not need it ? right ?  Huh
I think someone asked this before, but I don't think anyone answered. Is there a way to rediret 192.168.1.x to https://192.168.1.x? I am used to just putting in the IP without the https so it would just be easier.

I never type the URL with the https:// part.  I always just type the ip.  This has worked for me on MinePeon version 0.2.3 and version 0.2.2.
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
Sure it work on Raspbian but here dont Sad
Activity: 23
Just bought TP-link wn823n and was sad to see that minepeon dont recognise it at all... any advice?

TL-WN823N Works out of box on Raspbian using powered USB Hub

Not sure the status of it on Arch
Activity: 574
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
Just bought TP-link wn823n and was sad to see that minepeon dont recognise it at all... any advice?

as I don't want to google it, what is a TP-link wn823n? And why/what has minepeon to recognize there?
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
testing 0.2.3,about 15mins,got errors:
[2013-08-20 01:09:42] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT19: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT12: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT16: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU2: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU1: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:25] BLT21: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:29] Accepted 1094395b Diff 15/2 BLT 19 pool 0

minepeon died.

here too.

lots of these errors. with 0.2.2 and cgminer 3.3.4 this wasn't happening...

Yes,Back to Minepeon 0.2.2 and cgminer 3.3.4
Activity: 25
testing 0.2.3,about 15mins,got errors:
[2013-08-20 01:09:42] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT19: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT12: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT16: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU2: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU1: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:25] BLT21: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:29] Accepted 1094395b Diff 15/2 BLT 19 pool 0

minepeon died.

here too.

lots of these errors. with 0.2.2 and cgminer 3.3.4 this wasn't happening...
Activity: 257
It's only me, or there is something strange with the macaddress that the DHCP's are receiving from eth0 of the new version of MinePeon?

With the old 0.2.2, I was receiving the usual 12 digits, but with the new version, the Windows 2010 server's IPv4 DHCP receives 36 digits. I compared it to the IPv6 macaddress (with ifconfig -a) and it's not the same.

My La Fonera 2.0 router refused to give the reserved IP I had for the RPI and gives a new one.

What could be wrong?

I wonder why its doing that ?. I reserved an ip once for the pi and it hasn't changed since then. Some routers are funny , I had to get a new one  as the old router I had found every device I have but couldn't find the pi.
Activity: 283
Oh my, I feel embarrassed now  Lips sealed

I can't believe i didn't check the cable...

A new cable works perfectly, thank you

will the lcdstats also work for this lcd?
http://www.adafruit.com/products/946

or what needs to be changed?

No, that one won't work. The code is pretty much written for a single specific device. Sorry.
(Actually, "all" that would need to be changed is the display code - the API calls and error handling are re-usable  Tongue )

You should just get the one on ebay, I know it's smaller, but it's also cheaper:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-module-LCD-sys-info-display-temperature-fan-AIDA64-LCD-Smartie-/121004607232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2c6fc700

As far as I know they are a reputable dealer. Everyone on this forum seems to have ordered without mishap.

The USB cable that was supplied with the LCD is really cheap...I recommend a better one to start with...I plugged in the Screen and It didnt even power up....I upgraded to a better one to see if that was the problem.....and it works fine now...

Great work guys.....Im up and running......with 0.2.3 and LCD screen...
Pages:
Jump to: