Pages:
Author

Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon - page 81. (Read 685021 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
I'm having a weird issue with one Raspberry.

It's mining normally but the web interface is crashed/not allowing connections.  I've tried rebooting but issue remains, i have also tried changing the IP still no web interface.

I can SSH to the device, but it's giving some weird errors there too.

Code:
Last login: Fri Aug 16 14:15:18 2013 from 192.168.1.10
Could not chdir to home directory /home/minepeon: Input/output error
-bash: /home/minepeon/.bash_profile: Input/output error
[minepeon@minepeon /]$ dir
bin   dev  home  lost+found  opt   root  sbin  sys  usr
boot  etc  lib   mnt         proc  run   srv   tmp  var
[minepeon@minepeon /]$ cd home
-bash: cd: home: Input/output error
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of uploading a new 'test' image that I am going to call MinePeon-0.2.3a .

It is identical to 0.2.3 EXCEPT it includes the libraries, files and startup for both PiMiner and cgminerLCDStats.  If you have either of those LCD shields (or both) they should startup at boot.

Neil

^

Hero
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of uploading a new 'test' image that I am going to call MinePeon-0.2.3a .

It is identical to 0.2.3 EXCEPT it includes the libraries, files and startup for both PiMiner and cgminerLCDStats.  If you have either of those LCD shields (or both) they should startup at boot.

Neil
WOW, Neil! You are the best! Thanks.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hi Guys,

Neil

Sweet!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hi Guys,

Neil
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
will the lcdstats also work for this lcd?
http://www.adafruit.com/products/946

or what needs to be changed?
You don't need to do anything with that - that's a full screen for the RPi
So you can even run a terminal there on the screen with cgminer in it.
Or a web browser of a stats page doing a refresh every so often ...
My original miner.php has an auto refresh option.
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe

No, that one won't work. The code is pretty much written for a single specific device. Sorry.
(Actually, "all" that would need to be changed is the display code - the API calls and error handling are re-usable  Tongue )

You should just get the one on ebay, I know it's smaller, but it's also cheaper:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-module-LCD-sys-info-display-temperature-fan-AIDA64-LCD-Smartie-/121004607232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2c6fc700

As far as I know they are a reputable dealer. Everyone on this forum seems to have ordered without mishap.

The USB cable that was supplied with the LCD is really cheap...I recommend a better one to start with...I plugged in the Screen and It didnt even power up....I upgraded to a better one to see if that was the problem.....and it works fine now...

Great work guys.....Im up and running......with 0.2.3 and LCD screen...
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
testing 0.2.3,about 15mins,got errors:
[2013-08-20 01:09:42] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT19: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT12: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:21] BLT16: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU2: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU1: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:22] AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:25] BLT21: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)
 [2013-08-20 01:38:29] Accepted 1094395b Diff 15/2 BLT 19 pool 0

minepeon died.
legendary
When I try this, the minepeon web interface just says that cgminer is down.

Did you reboot?  I often find I have to reboot between miner switchs.

Neil
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I'm trying to switch minepeon to bfgminer to see if that will make minepeon work with the usb hubs that I have.  On my PC, bfgminer works with my hubs but cgminer doesn't.  I would rather use cgminer, but I guess I have to use whatever works.  The only thing that I can find in regards to switching to BFGminer is the following set of terminal commands on the release history page:
Code:
   sudo systemctl stop cgminer.service    # Stops cgminer
   sudo systemctl disable cgminer.service # Stops cgminer from starting at boot
   sudo systemctl enable bfgminer.service # Makes bfgminer start at boot
   sudo systemctl start bfgminer.service  # Starts bfgminer

When I try this, the minepeon web interface just says that cgminer is down.  I have tried searching a bit, but I can't find anything else.  There proabably is something somewhere in the minepeon thread, but I don't want to read through all 58 pages.  There proabably is some easy fix.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Now that I'm using (officially) the 0.2.3 version of MinePeon, hopefully for the next few months without need of saving a new full version to another SD, I do need some help, to automate the start of the LCD python2 cgminerLCDStats.py program.

I usually do the following commands, after a RPI reboot/restart and connecting to the RPI via PuTTY:

screen -S LCD
cd cgminerLCDStats
sudo python2 cgminerLCDStats.py
CTRL A + D

How can I automate it? Please don't forget I'm less than a noobie @ Linux. I don't know Linux! I'm a pure donkey...

I too want to know how to automate this..
screen -S LCD Helped me Thanks!!

Activity: 576
I think someone asked this before, but I don't think anyone answered. Is there a way to rediret 192.168.1.x to https://192.168.1.x? I am used to just putting in the IP without the https so it would just be easier.
It's only me, or there is something strange with the macaddress that the DHCP's are receiving from eth0 of the new version of MinePeon?

With the old 0.2.2, I was receiving the usual 12 digits, but with the new version, the Windows 2010 server's IPv4 DHCP receives 36 digits. I compared it to the IPv6 macaddress (with ifconfig -a) and it's not the same.

My La Fonera 2.0 router refused to give the reserved IP I had for the RPI and gives a new one.

What could be wrong?
How can I automate it? Please don't forget I'm less than a noobie @ Linux. I don't know Linux! I'm a pure donkey...

Now we are into the new version I am going to be working on screen support, I actually have one of those LCD's (I even put it together) and I will be getting them going soon.

Neil
Many thanks, Neil  Cheesy

Very cool...

No, that one won't work. The code is pretty much written for a single specific device. Sorry.
(Actually, "all" that would need to be changed is the display code - the API calls and error handling are re-usable  Tongue )

You should just get the one on ebay, I know it's smaller, but it's also cheaper:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-module-LCD-sys-info-display-temperature-fan-AIDA64-LCD-Smartie-/121004607232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2c6fc700

As far as I know they are a reputable dealer. Everyone on this forum seems to have ordered without mishap.
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
2) It's a bug. It blanks the password instead of changing it. To change password, goto Advanced / Settings, where you need to write the new password 2 times.

Ah, that's very helpful. Thanks.
Two bugs I ran into in the latest update:
1) On the advanced tab, some columns have too many decimals, like this:

2) When I tried changing the WebUI password, it locked me out and I had to reflash to fix it.
2) It's a bug. It blanks the password instead of changing it. To change password, goto Advanced / Settings, where you need to write the new password 2 times.

Now we are into the new version I am going to be working on screen support, I actually have one of those LCD's (I even put it together) and I will be getting them going soon.

Neil
Many thanks, Neil  Cheesy
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
Two bugs I ran into in the latest update:
1) On the advanced tab, some columns have too many decimals, like this:

2) When I tried changing the WebUI password, it locked me out and I had to reflash to fix it.
legendary

Neil
Pages:
Jump to: