Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 4. (Read 171452 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I just read through almost this entire list and basically there are no USA banks listed that will do business with bitcoin related businesses, correct?
Activity: 55
Merit: 4
Add United Bank (DC Metro area) to unfriendly.  They flat out told me any association with coinbase is grounds to close a decade old account.  And BOA closed my MSB biz account back in September 2015 and were tight lipped about why. Yes, I had a AML/KYC policy that I followed to a T.  This shit is ridiculous.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Also UK based-  I have had a conversation with a member of staff at Nationwide Building Society (who went and checked their terms etc) and I was advised as long as the money in the accounts comes from legal sources, there is no restriction on receiving funds for the sale or using funds to buy Crypto Currencies at all.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1007
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Nice list, thank you for this.
Now I know which bank not to use and what other options I got left.
Activity: 700
Activity: 518
I started trading BTC via LBC on Sunday.  Today I have been told by my Bank HSBC (UK), that in no uncertain terms they do not wish to be associated at all with bitcoin, even if this is the money related to the sale of it.   The fraud team advised the lady at my local branch, unless I ceased my "activities" they will forcibly close my account.

This after someone (nefariously in my opinion- i had released the BTC to them) reported a trade as fraud.

Crazy, knee jerk reaction is crazy.  My 24 years with them means absolutely jack.  In the process of moving to Fidor.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
Ok "Knab" also reacted that their "financial and customer services have not been adjusted to my type of transactions" and cancelled the account.

Next in line is SNS Bank (http://www.snsbank.nl). I had contact with an other entrepreneur and he said he had no difficulties with them.
legendary
@RealBitcoin: I think it is more that they don't understand crypto's or are not bothered by it.

@Cryptology: Yes, that is something I'll try if it doesn't work here in the Netherlands. I do prefer a Dutch bank, because it would be easier communicating with them (my German is not that great).
legendary
Activity: 1008
In Cryptography We Trust
Why not try with Fidor in Germany or UK? They are the most bitcoin friendly European bank I am aware of and provide banking services to Kraken and Bitcoin.de I believe.
And they say that we are the conspiracy theorists  Angry

This is an obvous evil conspiracy of the banks. They want to wipe out bitcoin from the face of the earth.
legendary
I'm in the process of starting a cryptocurrency related company (the company exists, but need a business bank account to operate) and had my first block last week when trying to open an account with "ABN-AMRO" (my personal bank) in the Netherlands. Their statement boiled down that they choose to not open new accounts for companies dealing with crypto's. Accounts that were already opened before their policy change could continue to operate. Their policy is however open for change in the future.

Yesterday I opened an account with "Knab" in the Netherlands as well, but it is still under supervision of approval (I also asked an employee through their chat system, but she couldn't tell if it would pass their checks).
Activity: 182
September 30, 2015, 09:47:33 AM
Activity: 224
September 30, 2015, 08:49:42 AM
Activity: 901
Merit: 1033
BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources
September 30, 2015, 04:41:33 AM
HSBC UK forcibly closed our account when they saw mention of bitcoin on our website.

So you can add them to the list.

May I also suggest you divide the first post into two sections: one for known Bitcoin hostile banks and a section for known Bitcoin friendly banks, currently it says:

To qualify on the list a bank or payment processor must without explanation terminate or refuse business of legitimate bitcoin busineses...

But Fidor bank is listed in this list, and it's Bitcoin friendly.

It also involves reading every entry to differentiate hostile from friendly banks.
September 28, 2015, 10:26:34 AM
Yep we should expose the bad banks, and help the good banks.

There is a civil war between banks too, not all banks are bad, but the bad banks need to be exposed  Wink

Only the banks that side with bitcoin can possibly win!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2015, 07:33:53 AM
Good thread. Unfortunately there is not any banks from my country. Nor for friendly and nor for hostile situation. I think (even bet) that the banks who are friendly with bitcoin will be the firsts who will adopt the technology which has invented and produced this coin. In fact to many big banks may using blockchain system soon in their IT structures. Here is an short article from BBC about this: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34278163
Activity: 714
I'm surprised as to why , Indian banks are not supporting Bitcoins?

The guy's talking about his bank in US, I don't understand how you thought its a bank from India. And about bitcoin in India, its not as popular as much as it has potential to be.

So the answer is....no one supports btc?

You seek support from banks, the said financial institutions which play with hard earned money everyday for nothing? Seriously? Instead of being scared about social factors and control of power and everything, why do not believe that you just don't need a bank sometimes. With bitcoin, you are your own bank. You have the ability to make all the necessary transactions and there is no high charging fees like banks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
For the most part, Banks don't hate bitcoin they just review accounts monthly and if they see "money laundering" going on, they will shut the bank account down if it does not have the necessary regulations.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
So the answer is....no one supports btc?

Except maybe IAFCU, and even they have gotten kind of freaked out by regulators?

Can we just be clear on this?
Pages:
Jump to: