Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 10. (Read 171452 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I called the Wells Fargo Money Services Business Control Center at 1-866-453-7610 (open 9am-9pm EST) and the service representative stated Wells Fargo does not bank cryptocurrency business and neither do most large banks.  He stated that some smaller or local banks may take cryptocurrency business.
Activity: 681
Merit: 507
tl;dr

fidor bank also does the sepa funding/withdraw on kraken.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
You may be right, i thought they were in SF, but maybe they aren't?!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
The internet credit union is located in NJ, not CA.

This is not correct. It's the Internet Archive Federal Credit Union (IAFCU) and their first branch and ATM are located in san francisco area.

They are bitcoin friendly, I've seen the people who build the bank speak at multiple bitcoin conferences/other events specifically about this. It's one of the main reasons they built this bank.

Pretty much any US bank isn't going to have an issue with an occassional coinbase transaction. HOwever since coinbase doesn't batch their transactions, if you make a couple dozen transactions in a day, you're going to have a couple dozen ACH to/from your bank account - your bank won't like that.

Well, according to their own site, they claim their address is

2 Kirkpatrick Street Second Floor | New Brunswick, NJ 08901 | (866) 312-3979
Hours Monday-Thursday 4-8 Saturday 10-1 | Routing & Transit Number 021283961

I'm not really interested enough to hunt down corporate records and stuff, nor am I saying you're wrong, but this is what they say on their own site.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

This is not correct. It's the Internet Archive Federal Credit Union (IAFCU) and their first branch and ATM are located in san francisco area.

They are bitcoin friendly, I've seen the people who build the bank speak at multiple bitcoin conferences/other events specifically about this. It's one of the main reasons they built this bank.

Pretty much any US bank isn't going to have an issue with an occassional coinbase transaction. HOwever since coinbase doesn't batch their transactions, if you make a couple dozen transactions in a day, you're going to have a couple dozen ACH to/from your bank account - your bank won't like that.

Activity: 10
February 01, 2014, 10:48:53 AM
Can anyone shed light on direct experiences with major US banks that have been bitcoin friendly? we're a US based start-up looking to find someone who won't screw us over just because we work in the btc space. Undecided
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
Activity: 994
Anyone from the US able to chime in on banks that are friendly towards bitcoin? Specifically, to do deposits/withdrawals from Coinbase and Bitstamp with minimal fuss (amounts upwards of $10,000). Most of the information that came up in my search was a few to several months old. Just want to make sure that it's still accurate.

I've seen mention that Bank of America is pretty friendly towards it. Is this still true?

Any others that are known to not make a fuss about Coinbase/BitStamp with amounts up to $10,000? Perhaps the online banks (like Ally)?

EDIT: I should clarify. When I say minimal fuss, I mean that the bank won't constantly call me every time a deposit comes in, or worse, reverse the deposit, freeze my account, or outright deny me using my own money to purchase bitcoins from BitStamp/Coinbase.

I use a national KeyBank account with Coinbase and have never had any issues with them.  I've never asked them about it, but I do a lot of transactions in and out of the account and those transactions are just part of the daily transactions.  Yet. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Just spent about half an hour at my local USBank to withdraw some money, most of which came from a CoinBase deposit. I was told that if I made too many more deposits from there, they would probably close my account. For my protection, apparently - something to do with transaction reversals. The bank manager probably didn't understand that bitcoin transactions aren't reversible, and that the exchange is basically buying and selling as a commodity so as long as their dollars aren't recalled (which is a risk with any deposit from any source ever, and accounted for in the process) the deposit is just as guaranteed as anything else. Not too happy about that.

Hopefully the other, local bank where my business accounts are will be a little more polite about it.
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
OP should correct the original post, Swedish SEB bank just informed me to not use my account to do bitcoin related transactions

confirming this - they appear to be bitcoin friendly, its a pretence. They are not - thats the truth.
Activity: 22
Try IAFCU.

They're still bitcoin-friendly (or at least neutral)? They were one of the first ones I looked at due to this thread, and the articles I saw had said they were backing away from bitcoin. These were dated back in September/October or so. Is/was that not the case?

Anyone using IAFCU for buying/selling bitcoins still?

I suppose I'll give them a call today to see if I can get a straight answer.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Anyone from the US able to chime in on banks that are friendly towards bitcoin? Specifically, to do deposits/withdrawals from Coinbase and Bitstamp with minimal fuss (amounts upwards of $10,000). Most of the information that came up in my search was a few to several months old. Just want to make sure that it's still accurate.

I've seen mention that Bank of America is pretty friendly towards it. Is this still true?

Any others that are known to not make a fuss about Coinbase/BitStamp with amounts up to $10,000? Perhaps the online banks (like Ally)?

EDIT: I should clarify. When I say minimal fuss, I mean that the bank won't constantly call me every time a deposit comes in, or worse, reverse the deposit, freeze my account, or outright deny me using my own money to purchase bitcoins from BitStamp/Coinbase.

Try IAFCU.
Activity: 22

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Des anyone know which banks in Canada allow bitcoin businesses to open business accounts? I have been approached by a U.K company wanting to expand in other countries to open a branch in Canada so anyone know which banks are Pro bitcoin business friendly please pm me or post here thanks. Smiley

It's fairly difficult in Canada now with the Banks, I would say it depends on what type of business you want to create as you can see through the Virtex Thread, if you want to try perhaps do so with a Credit Union
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218435.380

Someones complaint
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-friendlyunfriendly-banks-341066
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Des anyone know which banks in Canada allow bitcoin businesses to open business accounts? I have been approached by a U.K company wanting to expand in other countries to open a branch in Canada so anyone know which banks are Pro bitcoin business friendly please pm me or post here thanks. Smiley
Activity: 42
December 31, 2013, 05:57:32 PM
Too bad I just closed my simple
But you have an oversight, they are not a bank, find the real servicer

If you don't mind me asking, Why did you close it? I'm considering signing up with them and was wondering if there was anything you didn't like?

thanks.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
December 19, 2013, 11:00:24 AM
I guess this is as friendly as it gets:
https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20131219.html
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
December 19, 2013, 07:22:04 AM
If interested, I used the following banks to fund accounts both with MtGox and Bitstamp:

Italy: Fineco Bank (Banca Fineco)
Switzerland: UBS

No problems from them; last wire transfer done 1 month ago. Hope this helps. OP if you need more info you can PM me.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
December 19, 2013, 04:46:28 AM
Too bad I just closed my simple
But you have an oversight, they are not a bank, find the real servicer
Pages:
Jump to: