Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 9. (Read 171452 times)

legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
is this list up to date?

what are the friendly banks?

personally never had any problems with nationwide in UK
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
for most of the bank and gov,bitcoin is not friendly.it's enemy.
Activity: 253
This is flawed. For the most part, Banks don't hate bitcoin - in fact they don't give a crap about BTC - they just review accounts monthly and if they see "money laundering" going on, they will shut the bank account down if it does not have the necessary regulations. That's most likely the case for Bitfloor's accounts and it was definitely the case for Intersango and for the 2 Canadian exchanges that just shut down.
For the most part banks and governments don't care about bitcoin yet. They just care about money laundering and so if you are operating an exchange, you'll need to get full fiat-world legal licensing for whatever jurisdiction you are in - or get accounts shut down after 30 days.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Well we certainly know how to fly under the radar of banks... put them all on a list with the word hostile!

I'm sure the (and friendly) will make up for the hostile accusations...
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Holland is not The Netherlands. It's a region in The Netherlands (Click). Please fix that.
Activity: 39
Good and interesting thread. Plz keep it up.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
Thanks a lot for doing this list ! It's so convenient to watch the list of friendly banks on one page!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Is there an existing thread somewhere on bitcoin-friendly banks for personal accounts?

haha

I was refraining from commenting but it was an oxymoron moment
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Is there an existing thread somewhere on bitcoin-friendly banks for personal accounts?

haha
Activity: 11
Activity: 33
Hi,

Would like to share this info:
HSBC in Hong Kong declined to open a bank account for us. They took 1 and a half weeks to tell us this while we were waiting for the account opening documents.

Noncetech will start pre-orders for its first official bitcoin mining rigs and cards next week, so HSBC has really inconvenienced us.

Activity: 12
lakebtc.com work with China Merchant Bank
so China Merchant bank is btc friendly i guess
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

You were running a business through your personal account. Pretty sure that would be against their TOS.

That one definitely hit a lot of flags for money movement
KYC/AML procedures are a Beep

Would probably need to make a small business account

The other thread though concerns me as it is a blanket ban
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rbc-closed-my-commercial-bank-account-for-having-bitcoin-related-activities-502352

Not that they any of the Big 5 are very friendly anyways with BTC if you follow Cavirtex
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

You were running a business through your personal account. Pretty sure that would be against their TOS.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
I just found out today that CIBC/PC Financial is now blocking transfers to Vogogo.  Vogogo is used by Cavirtex Bill payment method in Canada.

Angry

This makes me really pissed, but now I know I must be doing something right in life if I'm meeting this much resistance for merely being involved with Bitcoin.

WTF, virtex just got an MSB... What is with this!?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Once Bitcoin goes mainstream, we should remember the banks that refused to serve Bitcoin related businesses and Bitcoin in general. By then they will hopefully be begging the Bitcoin community to support them. Personally I haven't had an issue with Chase yet and that's where I set up my account that I use for Bitcoin. Either way, if I do eventually get a notice that they are going to close my account, I will happily support a smaller bank or credit union over the bigger banks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
In the US, Bank of America has begun refusing to open Bitcoin related accounts, and has denied wire transfers because they were related to Bitcoin companies.  I've had both of these things occur within the last 2 weeks, so we are moving our business bank accounts elsewhere.
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
I just found out today that CIBC/PC Financial is now blocking transfers to Vogogo.  Vogogo is used by Cavirtex Bill payment method in Canada.

Angry

This makes me really pissed, but now I know I must be doing something right in life if I'm meeting this much resistance for merely being involved with Bitcoin.
Activity: 5
Finland:
Please add Handelsbanken to the list of hostile banks. They do not set up accounts for Bitcoin-related businesses.

Sweden:
SEB should not be listed as bitcoin-friendly.

SEB AB, the largest Nordic currency trader and the second-biggest bank in the Baltic region, is rejecting requests from clients seeking to set up accounts to manage Bitcoin.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-30/bitcoin-ponzi-scheme-worry-sparks-estonia-central-bank-caution.html

This old article from April 2013 was interpreted as "Bitcoin-friendly" but turned out to be just BS from SEB:

http://www.seb.se/pow/wcp/index.asp?ss=/pow/wcp/templates/sebarticle.cfmc.asp%3FDUID%3DDUID_7229FBC192B9765BC1257B55005559B3%26sitekey%3Dseb.se%26lang%3Dse
Pages:
Jump to: