Pages:
Author

Topic: List of fake wallets on Google Play, 3 active at the moment! - page 4. (Read 1079 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 2162
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
As a total newbie in this topic (I use a couple mobile wallets since ages and I haven't researched the field since then), first of all, thanks for the warning, I hope you help many beginners who read this first; but as an iPhone user, are there fake wallets too in Apple's App Store? Someone could assume that there aren't, as you are talking here just about Google, and how badly they manage their store.

I think that it is not impossible but it is harder for iOS as they keep higher standards for the Apps to get accepted; but this is just a subjective opinion, I would like to hear it from someone who knows more than me on the topic (as i stated, I am still a newbie Roll Eyes).

Thanks in advance for the answer, and thanks again to Rikafip for the OP's warning.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Google team are so irresponsible, this is not the first time that the listed fake wallets on playstore have been reported, last year many exposed these wallets and google team did nothing about them, to all google playstore users I want you to know that you are on your own, make sure you stop downloading crypto apps from playstore, this is the only way to solve this issue right now
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
This is why I don't use mobile app for my crypto wallet not only that it's risky because of this fake wallet but once your phone lost or got stolen, you might also lose your funds or holdings, also because of apps that are sometimes injecting something for backdoor access to your phone, I'm am more on desktop wallets and or hardware wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
The increase in the number of fake wallet apps from 2020 to now on Google Play should be a strong warning to anyone involved in the world of cryptocurrency. We all have the potential to suffer losses if we are not careful in installing this wallet application. The increase in the price of bitcoin has prompted scammer to carry out their duties in various ways including creating fake wallet application.

My little advice to the OP, I think you should enter the original app download link for every fake wallet you find and have reported in the thread without having to enter the code so that users can easily reach the site and download the app. Only the fake wallet download link should be disabled.

My mean:
Original wallet download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.atomicwallet

Fake wallet download link:
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valades.cobetane

By the way, the best idea right now to prevent people from getting into trouble with the fake wallet in circulation is to report it for deletion by the google team. Only a small task will be of significant use to any cryptocurrency user. I agree with you.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
One more fake wallet appeared on Google Play, and this time it's Atomic. I honestly never used that one, but since it's often used by scammers I guess it is pretty popular among android users. App was released last week but it's already full of fake reviews. I contacted Atomic via Telegram, asking them to report the fake app directly and share the warning for their users, but somehow I doubt that they will do the latter.

Please report the app, it will only take a minute of your time as it  might save someone, and remember to always download the apps directly from developers website!

Real wallet  
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.atomicwallet

Fake wallet
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valades.cobetane
legendary
legendary
legendary
Since almost every popular crypto wallet has its fake version on Google Play, I decided to make this list in order to make it easier for everyone to report them, going with the logic that if more of us report the fake app Google might react faster and remove them, making less people loose money.

This list will be constantly updated so please report all cases in which app is still available on Google Play. I plan to check current status very often, so in case you see wallet status is marked as "active" please report them. It will only take a minute of your time and it might save someone from making a huge mistake. To make reporting easier I also provided direct link to the app, just please make sure not to download the app.

Important: Always download apps directly from developers website!

Wallet
Topic
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org