Pages:
Author

Topic: [List] VanityGen Wallet Generation - threads, how to & links - page 2. (Read 1245 times)

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Have found an external site that offers to create vanity wallets - my donation address 1GaLLifreynEg6456XqDKYJYyBmyY2cJbw can't be created by them with an eight letter/digit costing one bitcoin:

https://vanity.coin.dance/#!/ Coin Dance VanityBETA

[img width=300]https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blobc8f5fdb092bbfe48.jpeg[/img]

They appear to use split key so they *might* be safe (haven't tried them) they do however link to a walk-through:

How to Create Custom Bitcoin Addresses (e.g. 1Moon4Cmwi...) https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@mooncryption/how-to-create-custom-bitcoin-addresses-e-g-1moon4cmwi
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
it has correct information in that link but don't you think it will be good to just put a link to download the app under that section instead of a quote from the thread?

That's a good point - just to explain what I'm doing I'm gathering the information and putting it on the page and anything useful I'm pulling off of the relevant page and once I think I've scoured enough information (there's a few hundred pages of posts to go through) I'll be tidying up the OP and taking down the W.I.P. (work in progress) tag.

I appreciate your feedback and don't see any reason why that can't be done.

Kudos.
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
Maybe you can add this thread VanitySearch it's just like vanitygen but it has more feature
i already made a tutorial of how to segwit vanity address on this thread [GUIDE] How To Create Vanity Address (Segwit)

Thanks for the links, have added four just now:

and
which I'd overlooked earlier.

Can you check the [Downloads] section to ensure I have all relevant information please?

it has correct information in that link but don't you think it will be good to just put a link to download the app under that section instead of a quote from the thread?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Maybe you can add this thread VanitySearch it's just like vanitygen but it has more feature
i already made a tutorial of how to segwit vanity address on this thread [GUIDE] How To Create Vanity Address (Segwit)

Thanks for the links, have added four just now:

and
which I'd overlooked earlier.

Can you check the [Downloads] section to ensure I have all relevant information please?
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Have just recalled BitCoinVanityGen website - can anyone recall the URL (dot com??) - I vaguely recall they had the PrivateKeys and emailed them to a user, hence it was considered unsafe.

*edit* have added two defunct threads:

as well as how-to text and sample commands
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
W.I.P. [List] Vanity Wallet Generation - threads, how to & links

[Downloads] | [How To's] | [Discussion Threads] | [External Links]

This is a thread to list the various vanity wallet generation threads with links on how to and downloads of various programs.

First off you'll need a really really good quantum computer PC graphics card, or the PC's CPU depending on what you want to do.

(Portions copied from samr7's thread)

How do I import the private key into bitcoin?

If you wish to spend coins received on a vanity address created by vanitygen, you must import the private key into a bitcoin client.  There are two popular methods of doing this with the standard Satoshi bitcoin client:

Use the importprivkey command.  To do this, select Help -> Debug Window, and in the window, on the bottom line, enter importprivkey , e.g.

Code:
importprivkey 5J4XJRyLVgzbXEgh8VNi4qovLzxRftzMd8a18KkdXv4EqAwX3tS

Jackjack's pywallet script is an all-in-one tool that directly modifies the wallet.dat file.  This works with a normal, unpatched bitcoin client, but does require Python with the bsddb package.

[Downloads] | [How To's] | [Discussion Threads (note, if it says [Archive] chances are the thread is defunct)] | [External Links]

Pages:
Jump to: