Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 69. (Read 290699 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
October 01, 2016, 12:24:15 PM
Very bad 2 year predictions, reminds me not to listen to the salty FUD here.

That is right. The litecoin is still one of the top 10 market capitalisation coin at the moment. That is good achievement.

it ws top 3 before so it's definitely not in a very good shape, and it has lost quite a big portion of its original marketcap, only because it's still in top it does not mean that is a good coin

It lost it because you all decided to support 5,000+ coins instead of 55 when i started years ago.
What do you all think happens when you dilute the scene with infinite "coins" ?

Look in the mirror Crypto "Supporters"  Roll Eyes

Oh and by the way..
If it is possible for LTC guys to add ANON features then tell me when all the new anon coins had to be made ?

I will tell you.. profit.

wow. i almost can't believe it. what Spoetnik wrote is correct. lets concentrate on an few useful coins. and one of them is LTC.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
September 30, 2016, 09:51:24 AM
I think the problem with LTC is that there is just no new gear for it. On April 13 the difficulty was 52k. Today the difficulty is 54.3k

I think if a company really buckled down, did some research and made affordable scrypt ASIC miners and DELIVERED, the coin would recover. It is quite obvious (in terms of hashrate, difficulty etc) that the only people still mining LTC are the same people who actually got the very few ASICs from the "not to be named ASIC" companies.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on 4 or 5 Innosilin A4 dominator, however so far there is nothing to be seen from actual delivery of the product.

A good LTC Asic that is mass produced would get into the hands of miners. Miners would buy them and mine. People would see people making money mining LTC. LTC would go up in value. People would start buying LTC to trade.

The cycle would repeat. LTC is just stuck in a rut right now.

Of course this is just all IMO, feel free to chime in.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
September 29, 2016, 11:11:56 PM
Many people own Litecoin and therefore want it to succeed.  When the market cools down maybe they will do something to keep up its value....seems like people who own a lot of a coin need to be product evangelists by getting traffic to places where people can spend the coins, and earning the coins for the general public is always good too.   The LTC faucets don't really pay much, but maybe better advertisers than HYIPs can be found.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
September 27, 2016, 09:45:18 PM
Very bad 2 year predictions, reminds me not to listen to the salty FUD here.

That is right. The litecoin is still one of the top 10 market capitalisation coin at the moment. That is good achievement.

it ws top 3 before so it's definitely not in a very good shape, and it has lost quite a big portion of its original marketcap, only because it's still in top it does not mean that is a good coin

It lost it because you all decided to support 5,000+ coins instead of 55 when i started years ago.
What do you all think happens when you dilute the scene with infinite "coins" ?

Look in the mirror Crypto "Supporters"  Roll Eyes

Oh and by the way..
If it is possible for LTC guys to add ANON features then tell me when all the new anon coins had to be made ?

I will tell you.. profit.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 27, 2016, 02:42:53 PM

• Transaction spam - this would have stopped the tx spam that filled Bitcoin blocks...
  • 4x block capacity over a period of 5 mins

Just a correction (I have no doubt it was a typo); but, that is 4x block capacity over a period of 10 mins. Or is there an expansion in capacity sooner than I think?
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
September 27, 2016, 02:31:51 PM

The litecoin does not offer new functions which the bitcoin does not, so it is better to use the bitcoin itself.

Does it though?

It has some improvements over Bitcoin, such as:

• Transaction spam - this would have stopped the tx spam that filled Bitcoin blocks...
  • 4x block capacity over a period of 5 mins

I'm sure that addresses some of the concerns about Bitcoin that people have been complaining about for the last two years.
Do you really need a completely new coin for every new features. Smart contracts and confidential transactions are the only two 'innovative' things I've heard about from other alt coins. These features can easily be added to Litecoin...

In fact these feature are being added...

The Litecoin Core development team is adding CT to Core soon, and smart contracts are being added by another company (not supposed to name them).

If I try to send Bitcoin, it is highly likely that my transaction would take long (mempool) and a lot more than 10 mins to get confirmed. Some sites require 6 confirmations to accept Bitcoin payment, and this can end up taking more than a few hours. Instead 6 confirmations for Litecoin takes on average just 15 minutes. So, no. It isn't better to use Bitcoin itself.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
September 27, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
I dont think so that litecoin is dead.
As we can observed, litecoin still active
in the market. And litecoin still one of the top10
altcoin.
Yes litecoin is not dead because we know that litecoin has own market like bitcoin and etherium so it not easy litecoin gone or dead. Yes litecoin is very active like other cryptocurrency so nothing to worry from it.

The litecoin does not offer new functions which the bitcoin does not, so it is better to use the bitcoin itself.
Activity: 630
September 27, 2016, 02:51:41 AM
altcoin.
Yes litecoin is not dead because we know that litecoin has own market like bitcoin and etherium so it not easy litecoin gone or dead. Yes litecoin is very active like other cryptocurrency so nothing to worry from it.
Activity: 325
September 27, 2016, 01:19:19 AM
More wallets supporting a coin is obviously a good thing,
but are more companies taking Litecoin as a payment method?

Mining and trading a coin is fine, but increasing user base and the amount of services that accept a coin is the only way to increase its price and keep it growing.

Yes the problem is mostly liquidity. Hopefully as more end uses are made it will be able to survive.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
September 27, 2016, 01:07:46 AM
altcoin.
Litecoin is not dead they saying these because i think they are quiting using litecoin as we can see in the price market it is still active and litecoin is in the top of alternative coin that could use people to do tradings and investing  Smiley

that is main reason for it price is low for some standard and lot of them tried to go on ETH or something else but most fail
still this coin have good support and market can be dead, for dead coin price is 1 satoshi
Activity: 434
September 26, 2016, 11:04:39 PM
More wallets supporting a coin is obviously a good thing,
but are more companies taking Litecoin as a payment method?

Mining and trading a coin is fine, but increasing user base and the amount of services that accept a coin is the only way to increase its price and keep it growing.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
September 26, 2016, 10:39:54 PM
altcoin.
Litecoin is not dead they saying these because i think they are quiting using litecoin as we can see in the price market it is still active and litecoin is in the top of alternative coin that could use people to do tradings and investing  Smiley
Activity: 364
Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry
September 26, 2016, 10:32:22 PM
Yes and they are on evey new multi curreny wallet that comes out. Why would a new multi curreny wallet want a dead coin on it?
I love litecoin. So much quicker than bitcoin.

Look at the 3rd party wallet support of late.
https://coinomi.com/
https://jaxx.io/
https://www.exodus.io/
https://wallet.mytrezor.com/

How can so many companies be wrong?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
September 26, 2016, 08:21:55 PM
altcoin.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
September 26, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
But, but, but but... I THOUGHT LITECORN WAS DEAD! Damn it.
Activity: 728
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
September 21, 2016, 07:52:47 PM

[/quote]
Litecoin will always ahve the special aura of being the original altcoin. That right there is a selling point that can never be taken away from it, which is why I think it will always have some value, it will never be dead (dead = 0 dollars). There will always be people trading it.

Its not orginal and is not even first >>> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_cryptocurrencies
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
September 21, 2016, 06:59:23 PM
Litecoin will always ahve the special aura of being the original altcoin.

sorry how is litecoin the original altcoin  Huh
Activity: 882
September 21, 2016, 03:49:57 PM
Why? Litecoin is alive as well! It will never die. Just look at daily transactions amount. More then 900000 scamcoin outthere
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
September 21, 2016, 01:53:28 PM
Why you are bumping this old and pointless thread? Just let it die... unlike Litecoin.
Pages:
Jump to: