Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 73. (Read 290699 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
August 23, 2016, 05:00:34 AM
There is a real chance that LTC can do something today to make us some money without shorting it  Smiley

Dev is hyping the shit out of Rockcoin https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/767793198064283648

Chart looks like it has bottomed and there is not so much risk that it can dump much lower. On the other side there is much room to grow.
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
August 20, 2016, 10:35:20 AM
Litecoin will see a major crash with no recovery within the next 5 weeks. Mark my words. 5 weeks.

He's losing credibility... no one is listening good sir... lol

They will once my prediction will come true... Within 4 weeks and 6 days! Cheesy

*Adds to short position*
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
August 19, 2016, 10:42:24 PM
Litecoin will see a major crash with no recovery within the next 5 weeks. Mark my words. 5 weeks.

He's losing credibility... no one is listening good sir... lol
August 19, 2016, 08:56:49 PM

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
August 19, 2016, 04:59:51 PM
That's a distorted view of the situation, it seems quite alive actually.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
August 16, 2016, 11:18:30 AM
Well it is dead compared to what it has been. It wouldnt have more than 50k $ daily volume if it weren't for chinese exchanges with 0% fee where LTC miners themselves trade it to create volume on 0% fee exchanges, therefore the illusion of being alive.

You do understand that the daily volume shown at coinmarketcap.com doesn't include those chinese exchange volumes? At time of posting daily volume is over 2.1 million US (not 50k as you suggest). If you check the link below and scroll to the bottom you'll see that they list the chinese exchanges; but, the asterisk indicates "Volume Excluded - No Trading Fees".

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/litecoin/#markets

That said the logic that zero fees gives an illusion of being alive is flawed. I'll agree that large volumes often indicate that a coin is being manipulated during a pump and dump cycle. To suggest that large volume each day, each week, each month and year after year on a stable priced coin is manipulation just doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would anyone bother unless a pump cycle is active? It would be pointless.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
August 16, 2016, 03:29:00 AM
Well it is dead compared to what it has been. It wouldnt have more than 50k $ daily volume if it weren't for chinese exchanges with 0% fee where LTC miners themselves trade it to create volume on 0% fee exchanges, therefore the illusion of being alive.

I can't see any big difference with how it was to indicate that it is dead right now other than its price is going higher than on 2015 or early 2016, which is quite a good indication that it'll survive instead of dying.

The litecoin price is dropping relative to the bitcoin price. So it is in some trouble. The main reason is that it is too similar to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole
August 12, 2016, 09:07:14 AM

I can't see any big difference with how it was to indicate that it is dead right now other than its price is going higher than on 2015 or early 2016, which is quite a good indication that it'll survive instead of dying.
August 12, 2016, 06:01:36 AM

Nah, look at the hash rate...
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Scrypt mining is still very profitable. Not as much as Ethereum at the moment with GPU mining, but at least a new ASIC doesn't hit the market every few months like it does with multipool gpu mining...
Activity: 532
August 12, 2016, 05:47:57 AM
Activity: 158
August 12, 2016, 03:17:39 AM
How can people think ltc is dead? LTC/ BTC =0.006X, it won't be dead unless the price is 0.001. Buy the dip if ltc goes lower, 0.006 is the strong resistance,
August 12, 2016, 01:31:44 AM
Wow, this thread started back in 2014.

I bet the op feels like an asshole that was pounded by bubba.

here is the original post

Activity: 448

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Litecoin is officially dead

June 19, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

Reply with quote  #1

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

And Bitcoin has been updated recently? lol

You forgot to mention that LTC had a fair launch whereas BTC could be considered one the biggest premine coins out there. Hmm... sure would be nice if Satoshi could contribute some of that 1MM BTC for development/marketing. Instead it will sit in cold storage until he becomes a trillionaire based on the communities hard work and continual effort towards the project over the next several decades. 

I've never seen a Litecoiner hate on Bitcoin or altcoins except for Doge once and awhile. However, the hate I see from Bitcoin maximalists and other altcoin communities is astounding.

Whether you like it or not, both coins will be around in the next 20 years.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
August 11, 2016, 11:56:55 PM
Wow, this thread started back in 2014.

I bet the op feels like an asshole that was pounded by bubba.

here is the original post

Activity: 448

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Litecoin is officially dead

June 19, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

Reply with quote  #1

Litecoin is officially dead, why you may ask?

What Litecoin used to offer:

ASIC Resistance
GPU Resistance
2.5minute blocktime

What Litecoin now offers:
2.5minute blocktime

Basically, Litecoin is worth less than Blackcoin, Netcoin, OompaLoompaCoin, heck, practically anycoin that has a faster blocktime and Any other feature... Litecoin offers absolutely nothing over what 99% of these alt coins offers, even the worst alt coin offer more innovative features than Litecoin. And to those litecoin bagholders, who say that "Litecoins age and adoption" is something it offers, that's not true..There are NO reputable stores Worldwide that accept Litecoin, not one.

Verdict: Litecoin is dead, it hasn't been updated in years, it's a practically abandoned coin. I'm gonna feel really sorry to all the litecoin bagholders that are still "HODLING" when Litecoin reaches $1, 50 cents, 10 cents etc.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole
August 11, 2016, 07:40:14 AM
If bitcoin bubbles again and goes to several thousand dollars, LTC could easily go to $50-100

imposible is litecoin up go the moon until $50 - $100
is community litecoin not want price litecoin is over high price
is momentum go the moon litecoin month january 2016 or several mont letter only until 0,03 bitcoin, is value bitcoin is same under $300
so litecoin only up untill under $10 and down again, so very impsoible litecoin up $100

Though his word is gibberish, LOL, I can't agree more. LTC still has a great chance to reach one-digit USD, but it will be a tough call to reach two-digits, let alone reaching hundred. Furthermore, I think a fluctuation that high, i.e. from 0.00xxBTC to around 0.25BTC, will cause chaos instead of attracting more crypto-user.
Activity: 728
August 10, 2016, 03:30:16 PM
Doubt that any of the Litecoin fools want to take a bet? LTC will still be trading sub $4 in October.

Are you giving odds?
August 10, 2016, 03:10:49 PM
Doubt that any of the Litecoin fools want to take a bet? LTC will still be trading sub $4 in October.

August 10, 2016, 12:13:04 AM
If bitcoin bubbles again and goes to several thousand dollars, LTC could easily go to $50-100

is momentum go the moon litecoin month january 2016 or several mont letter only until 0,03 bitcoin, is value bitcoin is same under $300
so litecoin only up untill under $10 and down again, so very impsoible litecoin up $100

Are you intoxicated again?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 09, 2016, 11:13:19 PM

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 10:34:31 PM
Activity: 190
August 09, 2016, 08:56:34 PM
To anyone and everyone wishing Litecoin's death in the hope their altcoin of choice should reign supreme, I think you've got it all wrong, a strong $50-$100 litecoin would signal a huge epic bull run for all altcoins.

Imagine for a moment a long ladder with a terrifying drop and a Bitcoin maximalist at the top looking down. You're on the ladder surrounded above and below,

What's the best way to get to the top?

A, Work together and move forward in an orderly fashion?
B, Grab the leg of the guy in front of you and try and pull him off the ladder?

You're talking about $50-$100 LTC as if Litecoin will ever see even $5.

LOL.

$5 is possible anytime of the year but $50-$100 is very unlikely.
Pages:
Jump to: