Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin TANKING...opinions on future outlook both nearterm and long term? - page 3. (Read 6548 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
He might be a troll but I agreed with his observation.  Since LTC is no longer ASIC resistant, it has nothing to offer to any prospective new buyers.

The day traders are keeping LTC alive but LTC, for all intensive purposes, was abandoned when Charlie Lee agreed to go to work for coinbase (which has yet to add LTC themselves).

Wrong. Asics will push the difficulty sky high, meaning more investment required to mine. Asics are no more likely to destroy LTC than they were BTC.

Scrypt Asics will be bought by LTC miners to purposely mine LTC. Unless you are a committed LTC miner, you will not have the hardware to keep up with them.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
He might be a troll but I agreed with his observation.  Since LTC is no longer ASIC resistant, it has nothing to offer to any prospective new buyers.

The day traders are keeping LTC alive but LTC, for all intensive purposes, was abandoned when Charlie Lee agreed to go to work for coinbase (which has yet to add LTC themselves).

LOL perhaps you should get your information about his intentions from Charlie himself before making assertions as such.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
For me LTC seems still high overpriced. Sometime it was THE altcoin. Now its just another one.

The market cap is still very high. If you put in the cap #5 at the same level of DRK i.e. the price will get to 1usd or below, where it should be.

little Litecoin is just going through its birth process none of the others on the Cap (top 20) (apart from Quark) flow with any free market force. (perhaps Zeta)

if ASICs proliferate Litecoin has a chance - if not its going to slip into obscurity.

sorry i'll add FTC and Prime to that list - they "pretty much" flow with the free market more or less.

Litecoins volume in USD today is nearly $7,000,000 ranking 2nd behind BTC

Many coins are in the top 15 for volume of trade.  For example Ripple, Darkcoin, Doge and Monero all trading 5 or 6 figure volumes (USD) so far today.

So far today Quarks volume is $1920.  LOL.

If by "fluid with the market" you are talking about liquidity...  well Quark is losing badly and is in 56th place as an alt.

have you read any of his "threads"? He is a huge troll and the best action would prolly be to put him on ignore.

Exactly this. Plus, you can vote for him here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/whos-the-biggest-retard-here-poll-729053
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
For me LTC seems still high overpriced. Sometime it was THE altcoin. Now its just another one.

The market cap is still very high. If you put in the cap #5 at the same level of DRK i.e. the price will get to 1usd or below, where it should be.

little Litecoin is just going through its birth process none of the others on the Cap (top 20) (apart from Quark) flow with any free market force. (perhaps Zeta)

if ASICs proliferate Litecoin has a chance - if not its going to slip into obscurity.

sorry i'll add FTC and Prime to that list - they "pretty much" flow with the free market more or less.

Many coins are in the top 15 for volume of trade.  For example Ripple, Darkcoin, Doge and Monero all trading 5 or 6 figure volumes (USD) so far today.

So far today Quarks volume is $1920.  LOL.

If by "fluid with the market" you are talking about liquidity...  well Quark is losing badly and is in 56th place as an alt.

have you read any of his "threads"? He is a huge troll and the best action would prolly be to put him on ignore.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142
Whimsical Pants

Many coins are in the top 15 for volume of trade.  For example Ripple, Darkcoin, Doge and Monero all trading 5 or 6 figure volumes (USD) so far today.

So far today Quarks volume is $1920.  LOL.

If by "fluid with the market" you are talking about liquidity...  well Quark is losing badly and is in 56th place as an alt.
Activity: 448
Changing avatars is currently not possible.

yada yada quark is the best yada yada. Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’

Activity: 784

legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
i feel we will have 3USD soonish
Activity: 406
Damn.  When I created this thread just a little over a day ago, I did NOT expect that we'd already be piercing the 5 dollar mark into 4 dollar territory.  This is a huge slide.  I'll probably be holding off on my initial plans of buying in the 4 dollar range and watch carefully.  Something just doesn't feel right here.
Activity: 322
who's calling a bottom under $1 -

and if so are you buying there , and if you are.... why?

Well, because the same good ol reason, it may go up lol. Of course Im not sure if I want to catch a totally dying knife. Honestly Litecoin has lost most of it's initial appeal. If cobble wasn't behind this coin it would have been game over ages ago.
‘Try to be nice’
Activity: 504

I might buy some @ 0,20$ to sell em @ the dead cat bounce to 0,50$
‘Try to be nice’

‘Try to be nice’
dam closing in on a 5 er.
Activity: 336
I hope you gona buy soon im waiting for more dumping till 5 then willl be buying 2 btc worth of ltc next will it should rise back to 6

No, I am not buying Litecoin again. It's clearly dying. I would put more trust in Dogecoin now than I would in Litecoin, not that Dogecoin is very promising either, but at least Dogecoin hit the rock bottom and Litecoin hasn't yet.
Activity: 364
I guess not. Keep on crying buddy.  Roll Eyes

See, a friendly nudge again and you overreact Smiley
Why would I cry, I sold all my Litecoins in March.

I hope you gona buy soon im waiting for more dumping till 5 then willl be buying 2 btc worth of ltc next will it should rise back to 6
Activity: 336

See, a friendly nudge again and you overreact Smiley
Why would I cry, I sold all my Litecoins in March.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Man China looks nasty...  an extended drop looks likely.

no worries, smoothie is watching like a hawk to save Litecoin when it's most needed Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: