Pages:
Author

Topic: LIVE|MidasCoin|Backed|New Scrypt PoM|ATM card|Referral|NO IPO|UNIQUE - page 24. (Read 244757 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100
What do you think about master nodes?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
If you're really going to GPU mine scrypt, I can't say much other than I'm glad you only have 2 GPU's as they won't cost you much in electricity. You'd be better off mining something you're GPU is still good at and buying midas from the profit of that.

Even if you have a point (of course), Midas is not just a currency, but a payment network, that offer already many service and will offer new services every week, for years.

We embrace everyone that want to take part in this, cause in future there will be new way to earn midascoin (revenue sharing forum, mining by phone, surveys, others).
Just as example, we had on launch a guy that mined with his 21 Khash cpu for 2 days, dreaming of collecting an entire Midas.
He got a 10 Mid voucher.

We want everyone to take in midas despite his mining capacity.  our userbase will benefits of the upcoming services, without considering the hashing power  Cool

Dude, that is hella cool you guys did that man!  Love to see the little guy get some love:-)
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Will be hard to compete with the enormous hashing incoming at launch!

Hopefully there will be a bit less on the re-launch today!  The first launch was INSANE, never seen so much has on a new coin before.  There was definitely MAJOR interest in this one, but I am hoping people are just a little more hesitant today and don't throw down so much hash right out of the gate.
Yeah, I imagine there won't be quite as many on this as there was for the initial launch, which I suppose will be a good thing for us small miners.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
If you're really going to GPU mine scrypt, I can't say much other than I'm glad you only have 2 GPU's as they won't cost you much in electricity. You'd be better off mining something you're GPU is still good at and buying midas from the profit of that.

Even if you have a point (of course), Midas is not just a currency, but a payment network, that offer already many service and will offer new services every week, for years.

We embrace everyone that want to take part in this, cause in future there will be new way to earn midascoin (revenue sharing forum, mining by phone, surveys, others).
Just as example, we had on launch a guy that mined with his 21 Khash cpu for 2 days, dreaming of collecting an entire Midas.
He got a 10 Mid voucher.

We want everyone to take in midas despite his mining capacity.  our userbase will benefits of the upcoming services, without considering the hashing power  Cool
legendary

Hopefully there will be a bit less on the re-launch today!  The first launch was INSANE, never seen so much has on a new coin before.  There was definitely MAJOR interest in this one, but I am hoping people are just a little more hesitant today and don't throw down so much hash right out of the gate.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
After nearly a year of promising coins that get P&D'd to near-extinction within weeks of launch, and despite being of a 'decentralise at all costs' core ethos, I'll be firing up my 2 single-GPU PCs for the relaunch.

I haven't mined since the start of summer. My last outing was with the Blake Ecosystem, which was OK for a while then went to crap. Now I hear the best coin on there - Dirac - is caught up in a pissing contest between 2 devs Sad

So, I'm prepared to give Midas a full & fair chance to prove itself.

Yes, I'd rather be mining something 'non-asic', but that's only coz I haven't got one. If this coin retains a value where, at the least, I make more from it than the electric company does, I'll consider it a wise choice.

Best wishes for a smooth launch.

Activity: 238
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
After nearly a year of promising coins that get P&D'd to near-extinction within weeks of launch, and despite being of a 'decentralise at all costs' core ethos, I'll be firing up my 2 single-GPU PCs for the relaunch.

I haven't mined since the start of summer. My last outing was with the Blake Ecosystem, which was OK for a while then went to crap. Now I hear the best coin on there - Dirac - is caught up in a pissing contest between 2 devs Sad

So, I'm prepared to give Midas a full & fair chance to prove itself.

Yes, I'd rather be mining something 'non-asic', but that's only coz I haven't got one. If this coin retains a value where, at the least, I make more from it than the electric company does, I'll consider it a wise choice.

Best wishes for a smooth launch.
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
legendary
Close to re-launch, miners ready:-)

We ready to rock this Midas?
legendary
Activity: 1064
It's not about trusting you, you could be the most trustworthy being on the planet, it's about that you and your team do have the power to do whatever you want with the coin. It's the principle and what you're going for goes against everything crypto stands for. A premine has no relevance later down the line once a coin has been well established while centralization does, so no, you can't really call the usual few percentage premine less of a centralization than full blown centralization itself. If you can't work around that, you're launching a coin faulty by design. I'm not trying to FUD or anything just genuinely curious if you can't see that.

I gotta agree with this, it is basically another centralized service with a gloss of cryptocurrency on top. I made an effort to mine this on behalf of a friend who had no scrypt power, which was a laughable exercise in futility. If being limited to mining one pool doesn't indicate centrality, I don't know what does.

This is an excellent investment if you have participated in any of the numerous "Let's build something just like bitcoin, only better" schemes that have floated around here for the past year.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
* MAJOR: This coin is centralized by design.

No, thanks. This could only end one way and it's just a matter of when.

There are much worst around there.

We have 0 premine, and premine is a much higher form of centralization.

Our only centralization is in the distribution, cause we back the value, and we can't (and don't want) pay for forked/inflated coin.  
As far as our users use the official client, they will never be affected by a double spend, or a fork.

If you think that this is not a good thing, we can't convince you, but the trust will come with time

It's not about trusting you, you could be the most trustworthy being on the planet, it's about that you and your team do have the power to do whatever you want with the coin. It's the principle and what you're going for goes against everything crypto stands for. A premine has no relevance later down the line once a coin has been well established while centralization does, so no, you can't really call the usual few percentage premine less of a centralization than full blown centralization itself. If you can't work around that, you're launching a coin faulty by design. I'm not trying to FUD or anything just genuinely curious if you can't see that.

There is much worst around out there.  Premines, ninja hoarding.

We have 0 premine, and premine  is a much higher form of centralization (don't you think) ?

Our only centralization is in the distribution, cause we back the value, and we can't (and don't want) pay for forked/inflated coin.  
As far as our users use the official client, they will never be affected by a double spend, or a fork.

If you think that this is not a good thing, we can't convince you, but the trust will come with time

legendary
ICO? Not even once.

Interested to see how this new launch ends up... I will be sending hash this way...

Hey.

We are putting the face on this, and something more.
Let me quote our FAQ number 2.

Q- What happens if your patch doesn't work? What happens in case of another successful attack against the #midascoin blockchain?

A- Pretty simple, we buy back all the MidasCoin on the pool balance at their bitcoin value, paying in Bitcoin instantly with no questions asked. Then we close the company, give apologies to the community, and never present our face on the public crypto scene again. This is our #challenge, All is perfect or we payback and go home and all people with #midascoin balance get money upfront.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Interested to see how this new launch ends up... I will be sending hash this way...
Hello,
U talk about company, what's the name?
Dev team are annonymous?
Is this coin open source?

No one is anonymous.
Code is fully OPEN SOURCE.

http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/midascoin-mid/
http://midaspay.io/the-golden-squad/

I couldn't stop laughing.

The laugh come before the despair, when another opportunity get missed.

Gentleman's, 6 hours to the frenzy, tune up your engines Cool
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I have been given early preliminary access to the code for Midascoin. The following is my review:

NOTE: This coin contains radical features. No review by me is guaranteed to be 100% accurate and catch all possible problems.

Problems:

* MAJOR: This coin is centralized by design. This means, if you don't trust the coin authors, then you should not trust this coin. They have complete control over the blockchain, and can attack it at will if desired.

Notes:

Despite the complete control of the blockchain the founders have, this actually eliminates many common attacks, such as double spends and orphan blocks.

Seem  that customers and exchange can sleep well with the reopening.
No double spend anymore with crypto using #midascoin, never again.

I couldn't stop laughing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hello,
U talk about company, what's the name?
Dev team are annonymous?
Is this coin open source?
I asked for a time frame (min and max). I still need that.
Also, your response is a little big worrying...and I am not sure if I understood right will I have to generate a new address too?!

Hello.

Like stated already, with the reopening (only 12 hours left) a new Wallet/source will be instantly available for download.

This is a mandatory upgrade, cause a big patch has been applied for prevent any possible forking/double spend and service disruption in general. Regarding the address, you can keep your old one (using your old wallet.dat) or generate a new one, it doesn't really matter, cause all the funds are stored securely in your midaspool.com balance (even funds already sent to a wallet has been returned to Midaspool.com balance, feel free to check right now).

The time frame for the gift voucher fund to be available is 24-36 hours MAX after reopening (may be less), just the needed time for the network to start collect transaction taxes.

Don't hesitate to contact us for any other needs.
Pages:
Jump to: