Pages:
Author

Topic: LIVE|MidasCoin|Backed|New Scrypt PoM|ATM card|Referral|NO IPO|UNIQUE - page 25. (Read 244757 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I've got - by mail - a voucher to redeem (thanks)

What happens if I redeem it now? I guess that the transaction will be reverted tomorrow?
Allright. Then ... what is the time frame when I could redeem that?

In 2 days we'll release the new wallets for download, then you can get your address to redeem to. You won't be able to redeem it until we've reopened.

I asked for a time frame (min and max). I still need that.
Also, your response is a little big worrying...and I am not sure if I understood right will I have to generate a new address too?!
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I think midascoin have potential , remember my words  Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Roll Eyes with the time goes by,midas will be hard to mine and maybe hard to buy  Cool

Like in every crypto currency, early adopters benefits most.

The monthly block reduction scheme will indeed make it harder to mine as time pass.

Stay tuned, only 12 hours left!
So is there anywhere I can buy Midascoin for BTC??

Not at the moment.

There are 3 way actually to get midascoin:

1- Through mining

2- Refer your friends (find more info at http://www.midaspool.com )

3- Claim a community bounty.

Despite what other cryptocoin do, with day1 listing, we believe that being on exchange is important but on day1 may lead to major speculation problems, that we want to spare to our users.

The integration with third party exchange will come naturally after some days.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
 Roll Eyes with the time goes by,midas will be hard to mine and maybe hard to buy  Cool
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
So is there anywhere I can buy Midascoin for BTC??
I have been given early preliminary access to the code for Midascoin. The following is my review:

NOTE: This coin contains radical features. No review by me is guaranteed to be 100% accurate and catch all possible problems.

Problems:

* MAJOR: This coin is centralized by design. This means, if you don't trust the coin authors, then you should not trust this coin. They have complete control over the blockchain, and can attack it at will if desired.

Notes:

Despite the complete control of the blockchain the founders have, this actually eliminates many common attacks, such as double spends and orphan blocks.

Seem  that customers and exchange can sleep well with the reopening.
No double spend anymore with crypto using #midascoin, never again.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
I have been given early preliminary access to the code for Midascoin. The following is my review:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Verify this review at https://keybase.io/verify

midascoin (relaunch) https://github.com/MidasPaymentLTD/midascoin

Heritage: LTC (confirmed by coin author)

NOTE: This coin contains radical features. No review by me is guaranteed to be 100% accurate and catch all possible problems.

Problems:

* MAJOR: This coin is centralized by design. This means, if you don't trust the coin authors, then you should not trust this coin. They have complete control over the blockchain, and can attack it at will if desired.
** This is achieved by requiring an RSA signature on each block accepted into the network.
* MODERATE: Signatures sign an SHA1 hash of the block. SHA1 is not recommended for any cryptographic uses due to known theoretical weaknesses.
** This probably couldn't be attacked even with known collisions because it relies on sha256 as well
* MINOR: floating point operations used in protocol critical code

Notes:

Despite the complete control of the blockchain the founders have, this actually eliminates many common attacks, such as double spends and orphan blocks.
The coin authors can do all these attacks, but no one else can.
The other big concern is that if the key is ever leaked, a signficant amount of damage could be done and would require a retroactive hard fork to fix. Clients have basic fork detection, but nothing that prevents a huge fork take over.

Blockchain not analyzed. This is based on preliminary code. Commit hash f1a3d1f1e996ce9b4fc753bd814ec5b1ecd1474f

This could've been kept random if script parsing (for the output address) would've been done.
- -                        // Insert change txn at random position:
- -                        vector::iterator position = wtxNew.vout.begin()+GetRandInt(wtxNew.vout.size()+1);
- -                        wtxNew.vout.insert(position, newTxOut);
+                        // Note: This makes change obvious, which leads to loss of privacy.
+                        // However, it's necessary to make the distinction here, since not making it would mean the change would be taxed too.
+                        // Insert change txn at the end
+                        wtxNew.vout.push_back(newTxOut);

Watermarks: uint64
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v1.0.5
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto
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=UbWX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
i`ll watch this, mining begins soon, wright?

Mining will be activated when countdown reach 0.  Registration on http://midaspool.com and referral system are already active.

Reserve increase also restart when mining open again.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
i`ll watch this, mining begins soon, wright?
With a 2% increase for miners who mined originally and getting my coins back I originally mined why wouldn't I give this another try and send more hashing to it.

They came back out of the trenches and are resurfacing I assume stronger than before and learned from their mistakes.

Time to rock the MID and make me rich baby who knows maybe ill trade some in for actual gold...

We are very happy to see old miners come back to us for the reopening.

#midascoin is coming back, and will be around for a long long time!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
With a 2% increase for miners who mined originally and getting my coins back I originally mined why wouldn't I give this another try and send more hashing to it.

They came back out of the trenches and are resurfacing I assume stronger than before and learned from their mistakes.

Time to rock the MID and make me rich baby who knows maybe ill trade some in for actual gold...
Activity: 68
interesting, gonna mine it for sure

Hello,

The launch has been very successful, with peak of 31 Gh/s and an average hashrate after 2 days of 14 Gh/s.

Unfortunately after 2 days a coordinated network attack has been able to inflate an offending chain in our network, using various attacks methods.   We decided, consulting the community, to pause the operations for apply a critical network patch, but instead of relaunch, to keep all the people funds already mined until that point in the pool balance (available to be withdrawn at reopening). 
Our actual patch ensure that a situation like that will not happen again.

Here part of our FAQ:

Q- What happens if your patch doesn't work? What happens in case of another successful attack against the #midascoin blockchain?

A- Pretty simple, we buy back all the MidasCoin on the pool balance at their bitcoin value, paying in Bitcoin instantly with no questions asked. Then we close the company, give apologies to the community, and never present our face on the public crypto scene again. This is our #challenge, All is perfect or we payback and go home and all people with #midascoin balance get money upfront.

Activity: 56

What happens if I redeem it now? I guess that the transaction will be reverted tomorrow?

In 2 days we'll release the new wallets for download, then you can get your address to redeem to. You won't be able to redeem it until we've reopened.

If the price of gold goes up, will the store charge more coins and vice versa if it goes down?  I think this has been addressed but it was hard to read the old thread with all the retards being retarded.

Also, if I didn't receive the voucher, just submit a ticket?

This is correct, since the price hinges on the current Gold Gram to USD conversion rate.

We're still in the process of handing out emails with vouchers, if you have not received one within 24 hours feel free to submit a ticket.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
If the price of gold goes up, will the store charge more coins and vice versa if it goes down?  I think this has been addressed but it was hard to read the old thread with all the retards being retarded.

Also, if I didn't receive the voucher, just submit a ticket?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

Activity: 32
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
what happened to previous launch?
so the coins i mined at launch are ok then or is there a trade in or whats up?

Hello.

Whatever you mined before the pause is ALREADY returned to your pool balance.
Whatever amount you withdrawn to a wallet before the pause is also ALREADY returned to your pool balance.

Your pool balance will be available to do whatever you please, just after the reopening.

Stay tuned!

Pages:
Jump to: