Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. short term investing - page 18. (Read 2237 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
March 19, 2018, 06:25:05 PM
I'll try to summarize based on my personal experience, and how I would personally handle these different investments;

Long term
Look for stability, long-term potential and growth prospects. Look for cryptocurrencies that have the potential to develop a large userbase, particularly those that have great smart contract capability. Avoid ones that had a recent explosion in growth for no real reason, these are likely pumps

Short term
Look for coins with novelty value, but not necessarily long term potential, for example those associated with smart contract based games, or a catchy idea. Or, if they have a great marketing team behind them they might experience a price explosion.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
March 19, 2018, 06:22:01 PM
I'm not a day trader and I will fall in the category of being a long term holder/investor. I've got ambition that bitcoin will reach first the impossible price that we haven't seen yet and this is wait I've been waiting for. I don't care if I loss that much if the risk that I'm taking is worth to try. I know there can be more people here that are for long term because everyone believes that being a long term holder would be the best choice.

long term is indeed the best when compared to short terms because you can always expect to earn huge returns if ever your choosen crypto became pumped up. however there were also few users that will always prefer to do shorter terms because they badly need the funds in order to spend for some important stuffs. im also one of the few users who mainly do short time hodlings. i only do it because right now , my salary on my current job isnt enough at all and i only get the half of my needs in bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Personally, I prefer long-term investments. I think they're less risky. And to make good money on the game in the short - you need to have a fundamental and analytical knowledge, experience, intuition.
Long term investment is best way to make big profit but first of all its depend on a person who want to invest in bitcoin if he/she need money for something else do short term investment will better but he/she manage long term investment so it will very beneficial for investor because bitcoin price is up and down very fast and i think investors will never lose their money in any condition.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
March 19, 2018, 06:01:15 PM
I'm not a day trader and I will fall in the category of being a long term holder/investor. I've got ambition that bitcoin will reach first the impossible price that we haven't seen yet and this is wait I've been waiting for. I don't care if I loss that much if the risk that I'm taking is worth to try. I know there can be more people here that are for long term because everyone believes that being a long term holder would be the best choice.
copper member
Activity: 392
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 06:00:50 PM
In my opinion that an investor should set profit target and as soon as it's target has achieved, there is no harm in making profit whether it's long-term or short-term investment.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
March 19, 2018, 05:59:45 PM
For the time being I prefer to stick to long term investment. I still check the market on a daily basis to not be taken by surprise with a major fall, as I do not want to have to sell at a loss ... but I guess it comes with the risk of investing in crypto.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
March 19, 2018, 05:56:14 PM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Personally, I prefer long-term investments. I think they're less risky. And to make good money on the game in the short - you need to have a fundamental and analytical knowledge, experience, intuition.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
March 19, 2018, 05:53:16 PM
Bitcoin has proven to reward the hodlers much better than the traders. By trading you are going to lose your sleep and mind. But by hodling not only are you going to make more return on your investment but also have peace of mind and be relaxed.
This is not a case just for bitcoin,but every investment out there,including stocks forex etc,if you are planning to hold for the long term the reward would be higher if you have invested in the right stock,if you are having the time to follow the market,then you will get the opportunity to maximize the profit by selling when you feel there is a correction and get back the coins in the dip.
Activity: 294
March 19, 2018, 05:04:08 PM
Most importantly, I am not a broker myself, Not that I don't care for it but since I am extremely terrible at it. I am a greater amount of abundance battles and long haul venture. For me, such ways are more helpful and appears to be sensible, somewhat less convoluted in a manner of speaking. With regards to benefits, I acquire in long haul despite the fact that it might require me some investment to make the most of my winning however its alright with me.

Well , long term means you are planning to earn a huge amount of profit even though you will wait for a very long time while short terms are like trading each day, both are really profitable depending on how good your predictions or how much time you spend on the market or you will hold multiple coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
March 19, 2018, 04:14:32 PM
long term holders having less stress and pain compare to short term

buy a dilligent day trader could earn significantly more in a much shorter period
Activity: 239
March 19, 2018, 04:12:48 PM
Your long-term investment will see how long-term investments are very risky, in the short run there are also low risks. You can see that when you invest in the long run, you will get more profit than investing in the short term, but the problem is if the investment is legitimate, Trading every day is a good thing and you will get more profit
Activity: 378
March 19, 2018, 04:09:23 PM
I like long-term investments more.  I just choose the most promising coins, buy them and store them on my wallet, waiting for the price to rise. Simple and, in my opinion, safe.
Activity: 434
March 19, 2018, 04:05:49 PM
I once tried to make money by selling coins on the stock exchange, but lost too much money, and chose a long-term investment. It's more reliable.
Activity: 49
March 19, 2018, 04:04:20 PM
Most importantly, I am not a broker myself, Not that I don't care for it but since I am extremely terrible at it. I am a greater amount of abundance battles and long haul venture. For me, such ways are more helpful and appears to be sensible, somewhat less convoluted in a manner of speaking. With regards to benefits, I acquire in long haul despite the fact that it might require me some investment to make the most of my winning however its alright with me.
Activity: 395
March 19, 2018, 03:59:01 PM
I prefer to invest in the long term, because this way I limit myself as much as possible from the risks that arise when trading.
Activity: 140
March 19, 2018, 03:35:28 PM
it depend on your choice and you choice about what coin too
if you investing in some stabilze coin it very nice to take the long term
but in some very jigly market, i consider you to investing in short term and forget it, and see a month if the price is great
Activity: 308
March 19, 2018, 03:32:32 PM
Long term and short term investment ,both are profitable but it's depends on you that how and how much you will invest. If you want to long term investment then i suggest you to invest in top five cryptocurrency of coinmarketcap but if you think about the short term investment then i suggest you to invest in altcoins like LTC,XRP etc or you can also invest in some ICO, it can be also more profitable.
Yep i agree to that, both term's on investing is really profitable depending on how you are going to handle it. Bitcoin is good for short term investment since the value is increase immediately while if you are going to invest on ethereum, it was cheater but the growth is not just fast as btc.
Activity: 365
Merit: 108
March 19, 2018, 03:29:17 PM
Long term and short term investment ,both are profitable but it's depends on you that how and how much you will invest. If you want to long term investment then i suggest you to invest in top five cryptocurrency of coinmarketcap but if you think about the short term investment then i suggest you to invest in altcoins like LTC,XRP etc or you can also invest in some ICO, it can be also more profitable.
Activity: 60
March 19, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
as I thing cryptocurrency is a long team investment. short Team investment is risky, someone used coin pumping for short time investment...
thank you
Activity: 28
March 19, 2018, 02:56:16 PM
HODL Bitcoin for your children. Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: