Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. short term investing - page 15. (Read 2237 times)

Activity: 540
Merit: 252
March 20, 2018, 08:00:28 PM
It depends on what you want. If you want a quick small profit, you can trade on altcoin. Bitcoin is good for both but I prefer bitcoin on a long time hodl,  it is more profitable and at least with 70% chance of not losing your investment on the long term.

I agree. As I was reading about posts regarding this. A lot of people here have been saying that if ypu want faster transaction, then you should trade on altcoin but if you want bigger and longer transaction then choose btc. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. And yes, bitcoin indeed is more profitable due to its value.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
March 20, 2018, 07:51:16 PM
I tell you so:
For Bitcoin - only long term investing;
For Altcoins - short term investing. I know that we have altcoins that gain 1000% after year of existence, but today this is rarely happens.
Activity: 346
Merit: 103
March 20, 2018, 07:44:29 PM
i see and know from my experience in  sort time invest  some investor can earn profit but not big.so long time invest is better then sort time invest.if you invest any currency and hold for  long time  you earn huge profit .so it depend your choose.
I prefer to have both short-term investments and long-term investments. Because short term can be my support for my daily needs which you can earn in a short period of time but not as much as the earnings in long-terms. And long-term investments which you could earn for a long period of time but the value is worth it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 46
March 20, 2018, 07:38:27 PM
Well, there are two modes of thought and you're definitely right about swinging a profit through short-term trading. If you know how to work the markets, and you have the time, it might be worth it. You can't go wrong holding as well, but it just depends on your preference and how quick you want to make a buck.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
March 20, 2018, 05:55:33 PM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Investment is a process that you'll earn a huge amount of money for a period of time, but you need a huge amount of money for initial capital and the company you'd invest with will do the rest. However, I've read an article that bitcoin is a stored value of currency, but you can never consider it as money because it drops anytime that might lead to emptying of someone's money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 02:38:02 PM
Short term investments working on crypto market only when market fastly rises up, but this happened only 2 times per year
I don’t think so that saving bitcoin for short time is advisable because price increase with time so you will have to keep patience I prefer to choose it for long term as we know in business you don’t have to rush if you will hold your bitcoin for long time then the chanced for profit will be high, I think it is good to hold and wait to see your bitcoin increasing and getting high in price, nothing is risky if you hold and let it grow with patience.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
March 20, 2018, 02:05:19 PM
Day trading can be done to earn quick profit but you should have experience in that field because it's not really easy. In comparison to day trading, long term holding can be quite profitable plus stress free provided if you invest in some really good projects because I've seen many cryptos go 100x and more. You just can't earn that kind of profit with day trading.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 01:30:19 PM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
If you want to make more profits in a short period of time, short-term investment is a good investment choice, but it is more risky. I think the investment approach is similar to gambling, we can easily lose a lot of profit. And long term income you need to hold bitcoin for a long time and you can get a lot of benefits, it's less risky, and I prefer long-term investments.
Activity: 308
March 20, 2018, 01:26:25 PM

Thank you fellas.

It depends on the capability of the person if he/she wants to earn monthly or the person does have a day job and he/she only wants to invest and hold the coin for a very long time and expecting to earn a huge amount of profit in the future.
Activity: 40
March 20, 2018, 01:22:25 PM
long term BTC ETH short term ALT coins
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 01:21:26 PM
it depends on traders strategy if trader want quick small profit then buy trending altcoin or Bitcoin and if want for long time then invest in Bitcoin and hodl for long time.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
March 20, 2018, 12:52:04 PM

Thank you fellas.
I think short-term investments can get more revenue in a short period of time, but it's more risky. And long term investments you just have to be patient enough to hold bitcoins, so it takes a long time to get a lot of revenue, and it's a lot less risky.
Activity: 30
March 20, 2018, 12:26:17 PM
I would go for long term investment in bitcoin.
Activity: 378
March 20, 2018, 12:16:38 PM
Ever since I have decided to invest I wasn't tented to sell because I began with the idea of being a long time investor. I am confident to see great results
Activity: 176
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
March 20, 2018, 12:12:13 PM
I have been long term investment and short term, but it did not bring me much profit. and I decided to invest in ICO
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 20, 2018, 12:11:05 PM
If it is not a professional investor or a professional investment company, it is not recommended for individuals to do short-term transactions, and the digital currency has a strong volatility. If it's not a very experienced person, you have to be under a strong pressure in the short term, and that's not what everyone can do.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
March 20, 2018, 12:10:49 PM

Thank you fellas.

If you're planning to go long term hodling WITHOUT trading, then might as well go all in in the investment or go home. You won't make as much profit in trading if you don't invest the highest on long term holding because that will depend on the spikes and how long will it maintain the spiking.
Activity: 126
March 20, 2018, 12:08:28 PM

Thank you fellas.
I like short term investment, I do not have much time to wait if I invest long term. I put money in the morning and at night could have made a profit . That is the fastest way to earn money
Activity: 134
March 20, 2018, 12:06:54 PM
It depends on how you want to invest. If you do intend to invest bitcoin better you take long term because that's my opinion will be very profitable. If you are not too intent with this investment better take the short term.
Activity: 112
March 20, 2018, 12:05:33 PM
After years of investing in crypto, I find long term investment is better than short term. If you invest in short term you can lose capital at any time
Pages:
Jump to: