Pages:
Author

Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do? - page 61. (Read 4185 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
I don't think long  time holding applies an all times, may we consider at this time as we struggling hard market.
If you seen huge potentiality of a certain coins to hold for many years then it might be good but if not, it better to sell them off while it have in good market.
This had happened to me, I was too busy with school that I loss time tracking the market price of the coins that I was holding and now I see that it didn't just dump but totally dump. I don't know if it it can recover but and I am double thinking whether to sell it now or continue holding.

Long term holding doesn't always end in you earning profit especially with altcoins which have lower rates of recovery compared to bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
In this kind of holding, the long term holding, we need to first have the coins that we wanted to be on that process, it must be for long term holding too, don't hold shit coins so that you will not regret what you will do in the future.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Actually, long time holding can as well be the smartest thing to do and as well the dumbest thing to do pending on the the particular altcoin that is involved. When one have the coins from a good project with high potential, then holding such coin for a very long time can be worth the wait. On the contrary, when one has the coin of a project that does not seem to have good potential, holding such coin for such a long time will not be the smartest thing to do at that moment, because that individual might end up losing everything.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Yes long term holding is a very good thing to do with some good projects. selling off too quickly is not really a good idea for a good project because if you sell so quick, you will regret when the price moom
Activity: 238
“The Future of Security Tokens”
That's doubtable question. Both strategies may bring good profits and for me it seems to be more about luck.
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
I don't think long  time holding applies an all times, may we consider at this time as we struggling hard market.
If you seen huge potentiality of a certain coins to hold for many years then it might be good but if not, it better to sell them off while it have in good market.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Not all coins get dumped when reached exchanges. My friend had regret when she sold the full amount of her bounty token. When  listed in exchanges suddenly got a lower price but partnerships came to that project and it gradually increase up to now.  She had learned, she saw the potential of the project to increase its value, next time she will patiently wait or hold and will not sell the whole amount. Communication and peace of mind is important.
Our own mistakes will really give us good lesson so save it for the next time around.Holding demands more patience and understanding about the nature of crypto,so if you have potential coins to hold,learn to love them for longer investment.In time they will also give you good returns.Just hold them patiently and as much as possible,stay away from panic selling because it will only cause you more losses.
Activity: 60
Merit: 5
Try to sell a % of your holdings when you are in profit. Holding too much can sometimes be bad.
Activity: 18
Not all coins get dumped when reached exchanges. My friend had regret when she sold the full amount of her bounty token. When  listed in exchanges suddenly got a lower price but partnerships came to that project and it gradually increase up to now.  She had learned, she saw the potential of the project to increase its value, next time she will patiently wait or hold and will not sell the whole amount. Communication and peace of mind is important.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
Long term holding is good, if you are in the right Alt's.

Personally I swing trade, I don't day trade, if something has been pumping, I do my charting, and sell when I think it's at the top, buy when it drops.

If it doesn't drop, don't FOMO in, move on to something else.

No shit. In this current market is basically impossible to tell if you are in the right Alt because everything goes down with bitcoin. Even really good alt coins can't survive. I would wait for the market to calm down or enter a bull trend, otherwise long term for alt coins is no different than just buying ethereum or bitcoin.
Activity: 140
In my opinon, if the team is bent on making it promises come through by meeting its roadmap because some projects just go M.I.A after ico.if the project is great and team is hardworking. Long term hold is good.
Activity: 50
Yes, holding in the long run I think the right choice as long as the project is believed to be able to grow. However, most projects are not able to keep their prices, even falling and far from ico prices.
Activity: 67
holding is one smart choice to make a profit because sometimes when we get token the token price falls from the starting price and takes a while not to return to the original price
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Long term holding is good, if you are in the right Alt's.

Personally I swing trade, I don't day trade, if something has been pumping, I do my charting, and sell when I think it's at the top, buy when it drops.

If it doesn't drop, don't FOMO in, move on to something else.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
It depends on what you are holding dude, probably the best thing you do is to hold your coins if the coin you are holding has potential growth probably you will gain huge in the long run once the market rises again. If you feel that your coin will explode like the bitcoin had before.
Right.Long time holding is a good idea if you have hold those potential coins who will definitely grow in time,and will give you much profit when the price rises up again.But if you happen to hold less potential coins,you can sell it when you see the price had increased already and buy a new potential coin and hold.
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
Those who hold Bitcoin since 2011 or hold Ethereum since 2015 have now become millionaires. I think this is the main reason why holding coins for a long time is the right decision.
Activity: 476
CAT.EX Exchange
of course I will not hold the holding because in my opinion the holding can not provide profit, with holding means money and capital you can not move anymore. you better use for trading.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
it might be better to hold the token for a long time, as the token transaction volume gets older and more and it will affect the token price. such as ico when entering the market price will tend to be played, different things with time to gradually when the token is listed in many exchanges. it will make the token price rise many times.
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
Cryptocurrencies are more profitable in long-term investments. Not just saying that hold most of the time but yu should also know when to sell and when to buy and hold. If I may say, it also depends on the situation since now BTC is becoming more unpredictable these days.
Holding during dips is encouraged. You have to brace yourself to avoid panic selling. Panic selling will make losses permanent and by then you can not do anything with that anymore. So be as strong as you can. Try putting your attention to other things. Or search for other things to do in cryptos or find a side line to earn more. Amount of btc will never decrease, you just need to wait.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
It depends on what you are holding dude, probably the best thing you do is to hold your coins if the coin you are holding has potential growth probably you will gain huge in the long run once the market rises again. If you feel that your coin will explode like the bitcoin had before.
Pages:
Jump to: