Pages:
Author

Topic: Long time holding, is it a smart thing to do? - page 62. (Read 4185 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Long term investment Its not smart act I think because if u are trader u know that if one coin have pump after that is going to have dump, I think when u hold any coin when it raise more than 5x its better to sell it after that is going to decrease for sure, u can buy again it.
Activity: 292
Merit: 10
Well, it's the best choice I think. I'll do it with ETH and with some tokens from bounties too, I always look at the road map and according to the potential I sell the tokens or hold them very long time.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
Of course, what is even the point of being an investor and not monitoring the situation of the coin or token you are holding ? The market will not always be in a position for a long time and there would always be time for correction, so in that case, it makes lot more sense, to use those periods of peaks to sell, buy back at dips and you stand to gain a better position in the long run. Holding though is safer without trading knowledge, but to me not the smartest thing to do as an investor.

The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
That is where all the tricks and knowledge matter a lot. All coins are not good for holding. Hence filtering out the improper things will do all the needed jobs. People learn these tricks slowly. I guess in near future scams may get eliminated when most people ignore them.

Then you are a trader. A fundamentalist wont know how to sell and buy dips, you need trading experience for that and technical analysis. If you bought ''dips'' when bitcoin was crashing from 20k you would be broke right now. You are either someone who holds for a long time, 1+ years or you are a trader who sells and buys every few weeks. Also called swing trader.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
all must analyze what coins are held. whether it has the potential to rise in the long term or not.
if misaligned and left behind the information then hold the coins will be useless.
Of course, what is even the point of being an investor and not monitoring the situation of the coin or token you are holding ? The market will not always be in a position for a long time and there would always be time for correction, so in that case, it makes lot more sense, to use those periods of peaks to sell, buy back at dips and you stand to gain a better position in the long run. Holding though is safer without trading knowledge, but to me not the smartest thing to do as an investor.

The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
That is where all the tricks and knowledge matter a lot. All coins are not good for holding. Hence filtering out the improper things will do all the needed jobs. People learn these tricks slowly. I guess in near future scams may get eliminated when most people ignore them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
Yes for the right coin and no for the wrong coin. There are coins/tokens that's only good for short term holding and there are coins/tokens that's good for long term holding. The difficult part is choosing the right coins/tokens to hold for short or long holding. It needs an extensive study of the coins/tokens and the market.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
As long as you have been able to buy at a very good value and you are holding a very solid coin from a good project, then long time holding is not a bad idea, but at the same time, rather than holding, over the years, I have noticed there is always season for altcoins to grow hugely which makes it a very good time to also know when to be out of them to take advantage of their volatility instead of just holding for so many years when you would have make so much more or acquire more position trading them.

If you start studying how traders are making money compared to the long term holder, I am sure only those long term holders must be making more returns for their investment. The living proof must be Mr. Satoshi Nakamotto and his one million bitcoin holding. Do we need any other example to show the power of long term holding ?
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
I hold was over a year and it was my best decision because crypto is experiencing great development. for the future will certainly be better than the current and withstand longer is a good decision to take. Indeed for this year hasn't been too visible results but will definitely go up in some time in the future.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
Yes, you can gain more profit in long time holding just like bitcoin, if you bought bitcoin in early like 2016 you could be millionaire in December of 2017 because bitcoin hits up almost $20,000.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
Yap, im hodler for some big coins, but for small cap coin i just trade it every day to raise amount of my coins, but sometime i got nothing when the dev of my small cap coin doing exit scam Sad
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
For me long time holding is the best way to do right now.because right now the market is in down situation.but if the market will recover that is the time to sell my rewards or coins.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
Long-term investments are definitely worth the time and can also be a big waste if you don't have the proper knowledge to know what is fake and what is real, what are the ICOs you should be investing in, long term means higher risks but at the same time higher profit if you'd compare it from short-term investments, long-term takes time and has risks but will give you higher profit and yes it is a smart thing to do.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
In my opinion holding for a long time is somehow a smart move because I most of my friend and also me do this everytime just to make more profits and to earn more and gain more. I also experience that I hold for a long time and by the time that the value that I expected came then that is the time I sell it and it is more profitable for me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
For me, holding a coin for the long run is always more profitable. But of course those who think little profit but faster is better also there. And I think at this time many investors are waiting to buy tokens that will be sold before the release on the exchange. So as long as the project we choose is really good, I think holding it for the long term will not bring regret.
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
Long time holding is a smart thing to do as far as crypto currency is concern. I have realize that, investors try to play smart in the crypto business in that, they begin to dump most tokens to cause a decline in token prices. This will in turn pave way for them to buy more tokens in other for them to hold for long and sell at higher prices when token values shoot up. In spite of this, is long term holding a smart thing to do as a bounty hunter and why?
As a bounty hunter I always opt for long-term investments on tokens that I get. I always have high expectations when I get tokens, especially tokens that have good developers and have potential in the future. Too many calculations I do, for example I get 1000 tokens, and now have a price of $ 0.1 I will count when the price reaches $ 10 and I will get a big profit. This is why I always choose long term investment.
Activity: 161

If the cryptocurrency you holding is good one then it is definitely a good choice rather than dumping in market after ICO.  But you got to be updating closely about the project to yourself.  If it is not progressing, severely lagging behind the roadmaps, not fulfilling the promises, lost from communication, then you should get one step ahead and sell the coins. If you check the historical data from coinmarketcap.  There are many coins that died after initial pump.  They are now trading around or just above the ICO price after several years.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I think until whenever there will be two groups that will contradict each other. That's why the exchange market is provided. Maybe long term is better for most people. But we also have to realize that there are some people who are talented to trade short-term and benefit from it.
Activity: 84

Rather yes than no. The main condition is the choice of a good project, which will not die in half a year. As an example, look at the Golem. The next reason is the low payment for the bounty campaign, social networks campaign, for example. It makes no sense to sell tokens for 20-30 dollars, it is better to wait until they rise in price. Of course, if you do not need money urgently.
Activity: 36
Long-term holding as a bounty hunter is a really risky thing to do as a bounty hunter. This is because most coins might turn out to be real and boom while others might be dumped at a very heavy rate.
Activity: 148
It is their way of making big profits, because they already really understand it. For me to hold a potential coin for a long time is a smart move to do. Moreover, the current market situation is red again, certainly holds a wise choice.

To earn big amount of money from your investment, long term holding  is a smart thing to do specially in cryptocurrency. You can buy a coin for long term and you can have for short term, as we know the price is keep on changing. You always have a back up plan.
Activity: 275
Hi Friends,
you are right. big investors are very good at playing the game.
they have power with the token it holds.
long-term investment is needed in the world of crypto as well as for bounty hunters. I realized that they wanted a "fast sell" to meet their needs. unfortunately sometimes we just get the rest of the investors and it sucks.
in my opinion, we should better try to find a bounty program with a continuous time between programs that run. that way, we will have a profit even though hold in the long run because our token inventory is always there and sustainable from bounty program payments.
Pages:
Jump to: