Pages:
Author

Topic: Looks like master-P got me too who the hell can i trust here???????? - page 3. (Read 4641 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
You can trust the same number of people I do... a very select few based on my own dealings.  This is where "DT" and other people's opinion(s) can become very problematic.  If I sold my account one could become a hero member very quickly and then use that and my past of not scamming anyone as "proof" of legitimacy.

This is why I have said, and will continue to, that default trust needs to go away.

this is absolutely a reasonable way to operate….

but it's impossible avoid account selling, and one question arise…

You prefer make honestly 5 btc yearly or scam 12 btc in one time?
Who bought this masterp acc. decide to scam… prefer 12 btc in one time… I hope no another one, of the escrow top 5 sell the account!
copper member
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
I am still confused why anyone would trust a deal without escrow, and a person with RED reputation.
I am still confused why people don't take the effort to read the whole thread and understand the situation before posting.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
I am still confused why anyone would trust a deal without escrow, and a person with RED reputation.

the problem here IS the escrow, and he/she was bright green when the problem happened
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Master-P was one of the "Big 5" -- most trusted escrows on this forum. He was also on the default trust.
The red trust happened later.
and then what?

if the escrow runs away the customer can post a pic that turns out to be some random guy with a wig and a fake ID?

the point is - this won't be enough to defeat someone who is DETERMINED to scam and also this won't help if there is a collusion/fake trade

a person who is well-known publicly might be a more reliable escrow but then why would such a person do escrow in a shitty forum for a measly 1%

The person who wants to scam would definitely do so. However, if his ID is verified along with his address proof, he can easily be arrested if he scams any user. Master-P scammed $12000 which is a huge amount and if his ID is known, he can get arrested for cheating. It's a criminal offense after all and no scammer should escape.

you missed the "wig and fake ID" part. There is no reason for a determined scammer to post their REAL identity.

so it would have to be publicly verifiable, perhaps even a registered business, in order to have any recourse

which brings a lot of other issues such as the legality of the deals going on here
Activity: 273
Merit: 260
Pool Owner
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
and then what?

if the escrow runs away the customer can post a pic that turns out to be some random guy with a wig and a fake ID?

the point is - this won't be enough to defeat someone who is DETERMINED to scam and also this won't help if there is a collusion/fake trade

a person who is well-known publicly might be a more reliable escrow but then why would such a person do escrow in a shitty forum for a measly 1%

The person who wants to scam would definitely do so. However, if his ID is verified along with his address proof, he can easily be arrested if he scams any user. Master-P scammed $12000 which is a huge amount and if his ID is known, he can get arrested for cheating. It's a criminal offense after all and no scammer should escape.

>arrested for cheating
That a felony where you're at?

Before anything happens, someone must press charges. Who? Yahoo1728736? The guy promoting an illegal gambling site & "web wallet/cloud miner/ponzi scheme"? Rly?

Most of the transactions here are grossly illegal, and folks behind them are (at best) tax cheats/petty scufflaws, and (more likely) fraudsters themselves -- a crack whore is more comfortable with calling the cops.
"Can't cheat an honest man" ain't helping any of the 'victims' here, you can count on that. Because the scammers sure do.

Another thing the scammers count on is that each individual swindle is pathetically small, less than a few grand, not worth going after.

Yet another is that victims are spread out across the globe, different jurisdictions.

TL;DR: As ridiculous as trying to bring in the cops on a bad dope deal. Prove me wrong Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 595
and then what?

If the scammer won't reveal his identity he wouldn't do so ,he will use fake ID along with fake selfie..I believe there are some guys that would do everything for quick buck,so this is not a big deal
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
and then what?

Ohh thats really Sad you Lost your Own Fund too.

i also LOST .05BTC actually, from one of the campaign he holding fund. Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Multisig transactions could be of help but if people need escrows to hold funds for campaigns, it would be better if they could ask the escrow for their ID proof and then verify the same. If the user cannot provide an ID proof if he is working as an escrow, he should not be trusted with so much cash.
This is not a good idea as ID and even selfie with the ID can be fake.

If the person takes a selfie (while he is logged in and his BCT details being reflected in the picture) which also shows him holding his ID proof, I doubt it could be faked so easily. Possibilities are there but it's only needed for the already reputed escrows of the forum. I doubt any new escrow can be trusted now.

and then what?

legendary

i also LOST .05BTC actually, from one of the campaign he holding fund. Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Multisig transactions could be of help but if people need escrows to hold funds for campaigns, it would be better if they could ask the escrow for their ID proof and then verify the same. If the user cannot provide an ID proof if he is working as an escrow, he should not be trusted with so much cash.

If the person takes a selfie (while he is logged in and his BCT details being reflected in the picture) which also shows him holding his ID proof, I doubt it could be faked so easily. Possibilities are there but it's only needed for the already reputed escrows of the forum. I doubt any new escrow can be trusted now.
Activity: 882
Merit: 595

legendary

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...
Now this is serious question to whom we really trust to escrowing our funds?

Stick with OgNasty and Blazed and you'll be fine.
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
nobody.. you're all idiots.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think the "original" mastep-p help  this scammer to fraud a lot of user...... This is only my opinion, but his silence help a scammer!
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
But what happens now?

For example, i've some tread in wich i ask for loan and i offer Jewels or Gold as collateral (simply because i pay this gold over 1700$ and i woud'nt sell it for having loss) . But if we can't trust in ledendary escrow on BTC talk, there is any other way to ensure lender and borrower?

I think, the only way, is to use 2 escrow for a simple transaction. It could be simply, for example by using 2F. First escrow has the password, second escrow has the 2F.

The rank doesn't mean anything when the buy/sell of forum accounts is allowed, like it was happened this time when the original creatore of master-P sold his account to another one (that have continued to act as escrow).

So Master-P sold his account to another user? And this user continue to act as escrow? Little ponzi i suppose....

Verify his message :

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Comment: Signed by Bitcoin Armory v0.93.2

Hey bitcointalk, this is the "original" or previous owner of master-P account on these forums.

I had sold the account to an anonymous offer in August 2015. Along with my forum account, the keybase account "masterp" was also sold as the buyer wanted to continue to assume my identity and provide escrow.

The private keys to the wallets I used for escrow were also included in the sale so the new owner could continue providing escrow as I already had some transactions/campaigns taking place.

I am signing this message from an address I used to stake back in March, before I sold the account and was not included in the sale since the buyer would have no real use for it.

The address is 16Ag7a28TfKwUQiUKcQuvTxATJM5khmX5p

Posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10821951

I don't think I can really do much to help, but just wanted to post this here since someone on my steam friend list informed me of this situation. I don't necessarily partake on these forums anymore, and don't intend to continue.

I apologize for selling my account, in hindsight I see how selfish of an act it was. But I was at an all time low and I didn't exactly have much time to keep participating and help escrow for these forums anymore. The amount of money I was offered for my "bitcointalk identity" was enough to help get me through a couple of really rough months.

Dec. 28, 2015
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

HPdvfF++IQVxwWLiK2f4D/T8X5WieQb5YMqC2ekjwo2oAHdIybxKxy3/lJ99OzUA
JWfcr97+uNH2yGGz4rSNpZs=
=F3L/
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Shocked
 Cry

But, he sold his account and no one has noticed of this sell until new holder scam those people? I think he was uncorrect to forum. On meta board or reputation board he should post that he sold Master-P

If he did post that he has sold his account the community will left him a lot of neutral ( & also negative) trust. So it's normal that he didn't post anything.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
But what happens now?

For example, i've some tread in wich i ask for loan and i offer Jewels or Gold as collateral (simply because i pay this gold over 1700$ and i woud'nt sell it for having loss) . But if we can't trust in ledendary escrow on BTC talk, there is any other way to ensure lender and borrower?

I think, the only way, is to use 2 escrow for a simple transaction. It could be simply, for example by using 2F. First escrow has the password, second escrow has the 2F.

The rank doesn't mean anything when the buy/sell of forum accounts is allowed, like it was happened this time when the original creatore of master-P sold his account to another one (that have continued to act as escrow).

So Master-P sold his account to another user? And this user continue to act as escrow? Little ponzi i suppose....

Verify his message :

Hey bitcointalk, this is the "original" or previous owner of master-P account on these forums.

I had sold the account to an anonymous offer in August 2015. Along with my forum account, the keybase account "masterp" was also sold as the buyer wanted to continue to assume my identity and provide escrow.

The private keys to the wallets I used for escrow were also included in the sale so the new owner could continue providing escrow as I already had some transactions/campaigns taking place.

I am signing this message from an address I used to stake back in March, before I sold the account and was not included in the sale since the buyer would have no real use for it.

I don't think I can really do much to help, but just wanted to post this here since someone on my steam friend list informed me of this situation. I don't necessarily partake on these forums anymore, and don't intend to continue.

I apologize for selling my account, in hindsight I see how selfish of an act it was. But I was at an all time low and I didn't exactly have much time to keep participating and help escrow for these forums anymore. The amount of money I was offered for my "bitcointalk identity" was enough to help get me through a couple of really rough months.

Dec. 28, 2015

JWfcr97+uNH2yGGz4rSNpZs=
=F3L/

Shocked
 Cry

But, he sold his account and no one has noticed of this sell until new holder scam those people? I think he was uncorrect to forum. On meta board or reputation board he should post that he sold Master-P
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
But what happens now?

Verify his message :

Dec. 28, 2015

JWfcr97+uNH2yGGz4rSNpZs=
=F3L/
Pages:
Jump to: