Author

Topic: LOTTOCOIN OLD THREAD, [CLOSED] - page 304. (Read 370526 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 09:13:21 PM
Hackshardgaming needs better ddos protection this is ridiculous.

Which pool isn't getting attacked every day I fed up with this crap?

Answer: None.

HackShardGaming.net pool is under another DDOS attack.  You think your fed up with this crap? Try being me.  I have had to completely reset my servers 2 times and spent over 20 hours now in a 90 hour period of time fixing bugs.  I have contacted my network manager from my old servers and I have requested him to install some better DDOS Protection on my server for me.  I will hopefully get around to doing this in the next 24 hours.  Until then, just hang on for the ride.  That is literally all we can do.

*EDIT* it appears that my hosting provider is trying to take counter measures against the DDOSers on there own.  Our mining pool appears to be online. Our website is online. but I cannot SSH into my server machine or even ping it!  Very awkward.

Is there someone here that's capable of making a LOT-calculator?
Since you can see it on lot.hackshardgaming.net when you're mining, it should be possible to just fix one right?

heres how I changed my settings up. I took an estimate of 30k coins per block average and put it in the configs.  that is how it estimates your LOT/Day.

Now I just did the math on 882 blocks  Our pool made 30,476,310 coins in 882 blocks. That is an average of 34,553.64 coins per block.  so my 30k coins per block setting is pretty much correct.  Any pool that hasn't done this just set the block reward in the pool config to 30k. obviously leave block reward setting on (block) so it pays correctly.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 09:07:41 PM
Who asked for a mining calc?

I took a look into that, and patched one up; has some random and abstract data now, but roughly - it's good.
Here's link: [LOT] Lottocoin Mining Calculator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2013, 09:06:42 PM
Hackshardgaming needs better ddos protection this is ridiculous.

Which pool isn't getting attacked every day I'm fed up with this crap?
Activity: 126
December 16, 2013, 08:52:40 PM
hmm maybe you have some pc virus or something lol.
Activity: 270
December 16, 2013, 08:49:15 PM
Have removed the dead pools from the OP, if your pool was removed, and you want it listed again, PM me
Activity: 294
December 16, 2013, 08:43:36 PM
and we refunded people as I said.

I can confirm he did take care of my lost coins.

The server crash lost accounting for about 1.5% of all the coins that were mined through his pool, and he did compensate me. It's really a rather small amount. I think people are just mad because the pool is doing so well. TBH, I was getting a lot of orphans on the other pools. I lost more coin at lot.no-ip.biz through the orphans that I was getting than the extra 1.5% fee I was saving by mining there. Sure my "coins are safer", but I was just getting less of them too. Not to mention they were down just as much as any other pool.

Deviant, I think you should consider disabling registration temporarily to help spread the incoming hashrate around to different pools. One pool carrying 50-60% of the network is never a good idea.  Wink

Disabled registration temporarly.
Activity: 364
December 16, 2013, 08:36:15 PM
Yeah - that's normal.

Your unconfirmed rewards will stay unconfirmed untill the block you helped mine is confirmed. you can see from here that blocks are taking ~1 hour to confirm... https://lot.nut2pools.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks.

In fact, you may see some confirmed rewards now... Wink
Activity: 238
December 16, 2013, 08:31:00 PM
@NutNut

I'm mining on your pool for more than a hour now and my confirmed rewards are still 0. My unconfirmed rewards are becoming more and more, at the moment over 20000. Is this normal?

EDIT: Ok, now it's changing  Wink

By the way, I have tested all 3 active pools so far and your pool looks to be the best for me. Correct hash rates, stable and compared to the other ones most profitable (but I guess thats why difficulty is decreasing at the moment).

Good job! Like your WDC pool, where I've mined the last weeks  Wink
December 16, 2013, 08:27:53 PM
Is there anyone who can do linux client? Or can a bounty/prize be put for that? It would help to spread LOT.

Compile it from source.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3959534

I've got it running on Ubuntu 12.04 in a VM on my machine, works just fine.

You'll probably run into a few compiling issues, if you need help hit me up.

I can't say I know how to do that. :/
But, I have a small suggestion - if you're willing to help?
Make one, and share/notify the mrlotto to update the starting thread.
I could sure use one linux based.

I think that would be very helpful for further spread of the coin Smiley
Of course, it's up to you. With any outcome, thanks in advance.

Well, I tried it, can't seem to go through with compiling lottocoind on my CentOS :/
So, basically - if anyone has a compiled and usable lottocoind, share the DL link if possible; PLEASE Smiley
Thanks
December 16, 2013, 08:21:38 PM
DDOS started again?

EDIT: Nah. IT's my internet.
December 16, 2013, 07:59:54 PM
Is there anyone who can do linux client? Or can a bounty/prize be put for that? It would help to spread LOT.

Compile it from source.

I can't say I know how to do that. :/
But, I have a small suggestion - if you're willing to help?
Make one, and share/notify the mrlotto to update the starting thread.
I could sure use one linux based.

I think that would be very helpful for further spread of the coin Smiley
Of course, it's up to you. With any outcome, thanks in advance.
Activity: 364
December 16, 2013, 07:58:44 PM
+1, you need to cap the new users, pool hash rate is getting too big

The server crash lost accounting for about 1.5% of all the coins that were mined through his pool, and he did compensate me. It's really a rather small amount. I think people are just mad because the pool is doing so well. TBH, I was getting a lot of orphans on the other pools. I lost more coin at lot.no-ip.biz through the orphans that I was getting than the extra 1.5% fee I was saving by mining there. Sure my "coins are safer", but I was just getting less of them too. Not to mention they were down just as much as any other pool.

Deviant, I think you should consider disabling registration temporarily to help spread the incoming hashrate around to different pools. One pool carrying 50-60% of the network is never a good idea.  Wink

We've only had 8 orphans since we started... Wink
prd
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 07:52:14 PM

Compile it from source.

December 16, 2013, 07:43:13 PM
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
December 16, 2013, 07:37:19 PM
+1, you need to cap the new users, pool hash rate is getting too big

Activity: 178
December 16, 2013, 07:33:35 PM

Activity: 616
Merit: 300
December 16, 2013, 07:32:59 PM
no-ip pool down,
December 16, 2013, 07:21:49 PM
My pool is getting ddos'd again :/
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 16, 2013, 07:20:26 PM
Is there someone here that's capable of making a LOT-calculator?
Since you can see it on lot.hackshardgaming.net when you're mining, it should be possible to just fix one right?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 07:11:22 PM
Not sure what is the point in this coin . . . the "fun" part is all in the mining (like playing the lottery), why would anyone ever trade BTC for this?
Jump to: