Pages:
Author

Topic: LoyceV's reputation thread - page 5. (Read 3056 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
August 05, 2018, 08:35:43 PM
In regards to your positive trust policy, I would suggest that you not give a positive rating for every transaction you are involved in. If you risked money in a transaction (intentionally or not), you should leave a positive rating. If you have traded with someone many times (either directly or as an escrow agent), and the person acts professional and otherwise appears trustworthy, you may want to consider leaving a positive rating— you need to use good judgment in these cases, and you should be confident this person is not trading with you to get a trust rating.

I agree with this; the people who took part in your 10 person experiment did not do anything notably trustworthy.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
August 05, 2018, 07:12:47 PM
I would ignore that person. I don’t give much credence to those who leave retaliatory negative trust. Those types of ratings are common and abbr ignored. If there is any evidence to backup his claims in his reference (he didn’t leave one, but if he did) you would want to respond to defend yourself, not leave a negative in retaliation.

In general, I would say a negative rating in response to any kind of criticism is inappropriate and would look at anyone who leaves a single such rating with skepticism. In extreme cases, this may be appropriate though.

In regards to your positive trust policy, I would suggest that you not give a positive rating for every transaction you are involved in. If you risked money in a transaction (intentionally or not), you should leave a positive rating. If you have traded with someone many times (either directly or as an escrow agent), and the person acts professional and otherwise appears trustworthy, you may want to consider leaving a positive rating— you need to use good judgment in these cases, and you should be confident this person is not trading with you to get a trust rating.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Cashback 15%
August 05, 2018, 05:09:10 PM
I would advise you not to leave a retaliatory feedback just for that.  If you were not on DT, it might be arguably OK but my feeling is that you have to pull back a lot when you're on DT.  I don't even look at my feedback much; I'm sure I've got negs from people I've never dealt with or even left trust for.

When I occasionally make sales threads, I usually specify in the terms that it'll be a neutral-feedback transaction so that I don't get people wanting to deal with me for a positive one.  I haven't given out a lot of green trust since I got on DT, maybe 3 or 4.  I think that's being prudent.

It's good you're asking about this.  When I got put on DT, Lauda made some very useful suggestions, but he/she doesn't seem to be around much anymore and it'd be great if she/he responded to your dilemma here.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
August 05, 2018, 05:00:52 PM
Don't leave retaliatory feedback, even if they're wrong let them be. if you want to tag people like that then you are no different than ogy and other trust abusers. I can vouch for you to be fair with your trust ratings, you don't bully people, you don't use DT for financial benefit of your own business like almost every other DT.
IMO other DT members should ask the opinions of community members first before tagging anybody but they all think that they own this place and that they are always right.

My zero satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 05, 2018, 03:32:47 PM
Ever since I was put on DT2 (around March I think), I've been thinking about how to use it without abusing it. So far, I've only used my DT2 red trust for hacked accounts, scammers and spambots. Yesterday, I left the first green trust to 8 people who joined my 10-10-10 altcoin experiment 10 months earlier, and paid when required. I left neutral trust for a nineth person who has 3 non-DT ponzi-accusations against him. It didn't feel right to leave him green trust, even though our deal went well.

I think I'm being fair with my trust, and if anyone disagrees, feel free to post here.

Today, user elsie34 left me this feedback, which made me decide to open this topic:

Image loading...

I don't recognize the username, and I don't think I've ever interacted with this person. The Comments sounds positive, but the color is negative. I've left a PM earlier today from LoyceMobile, asking if this was some how a mistake, but so far without getting a response.

I kinda want to leave red trust in response, but it doesn't feel right to (ab)use DT-powers to do so. On the other hand, I obviously don't trust someone who leaves me random red trust without any reference link.
So, I'll leave this question for the community: what to do? This question has been answered ("do nothing"), thanks!

Update 2: it was a mistake and the red trust has been removed.

No spam
Contrary to most of my threads, this one won't be self-moderated. I don't want to be able to censor this thread.
Local rules
I don't want any (signature) spam in here.
Insubstantial posts will be reported.
Do not quote the entire OP.
Pages:
Jump to: