Pages:
Author

Topic: ► ► ► LTC IPO: Litecoin's Pre-Gox Project, fontas ► ► ► - page 5. (Read 21223 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!
To do this, we can contact:
Cryptocurrency podcasts (Let's Talk Bitcoin)
Online Courses (Coursera, Khan Academy) (Note: Stanford has a Bitcoin Group, and also hosts the popular online course to create a tech startup funded by Bitcoins)
News networks (News like this is great)
Youtube channels (The Bitcoin Channel, Mad Bitcoins)
Bitcoin price forecast networks (S3052 is already very bullish on LTC. Perhaps we can also interest the influential chinese blogger 796)
Bitcointalk forums (speculation board, altcoin section)
Bitcoin/Crypto meetups
If Bloomberg and Forbes (Jon Matonis in particular ) cover Litecoin, it will be huge. The focus is to detail exactly why LTC is either equal to or superior to BTC (Scrypt security, faster confirmation times, very active development team), and its potential to be used in everyday digital transactions.

Hey there,
I'm the lead from Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Wanted to give you a heads up that we saw this post back on the litecoin forums, wrote about it  and I've already contacted most of the people on the list.   In the run  up to Gox, everyone is aware of an attempt to overhype and damage the currency for market manipulation.

I know it's tempting, but you should really consider getting a hobby outside of trying to defraud people.   You can dress this up in "it's good for Litecoin" all you want, but the reality is you're doing to make a lot of money off of suckers who don't understand the scheme you're attempting to run on the market.  I don't even think most of what you're saying is possible given the distribution of hashing power, but it's my role as a watchdog within the crypto space to look for nonsense like this and help the narrative sail around it.

TL;dr - Stop trying to cheat.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Let's take a look at recent FontaFud then.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2577899
You'll need an order of magnitude more than 20k USD to reasonably affect the LTC price.

Good luck with your efforts but you're pissing into a hurricane with that amount of cash.

I have my own plans for the LTC price.

https://twitter.com/fontase

Fontas ‏@fontase 6 Jul

LTC's a bit low, sitting at $2.3501. Might push the price up to $2.70 tomorrow or the day after.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=5-days&resolution=hour&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e
Take note of the LTC/BTC price during the 24-48 hr window Fudtas put for the pump.
0.036 DOWN to 0.033 (8.3% change) Appx 4 x Volume

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=5-days&resolution=hour&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e
LTC/USD from same time period. 
$2.38 - $2.58 (7.8% change) Appx 1/4 Volume

Net Price increase post pump (minus) -0.5%

Nice Pump, Derp.....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2032160
The more alts created, the more options for pumping. I wish 50 alts were created per week.

Maybe just stick to these then?
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
fontas the scammer, pumping and dumping
Activity: 1036
Merit: 524
"We all know what will happen when Gox supports LTC: Price will rise immensely and more investors and developers become interested."

Lol Lost me there
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
I agree that the LTC/USD price will likely crest $7 after Gox, but this will happen organically. You don't have to manipulate anything -- just sit back and watch the numbers.
This is pretty much my opinion.

Had BTC not fallen, I think we would be between $4 and $5 right now.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
I agree that the LTC/USD price will likely crest $7 after Gox, but this will happen organically. You don't have to manipulate anything -- just sit back and watch the numbers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
GOX should just open deposit 24h-48h before trade so all LTC will be in GOX then normal operation can start with all the supplied coin already in many wallets. They can also just release and say it's open so avoid organised setup.

@fontas you forget to put 4) I dump my already buy LTC while other still pump so I make profit before other can try to make some and price already go down.

Anyone following this will be the looser as he will start dump while you still pump  lol.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I wonder if MtGox will take action against this ?

Something like only allowing verified accounts to deposit Litecoin for the first week of it's trade should do the trick.
...or just giving everyone time to move their LTC to Gox before trading starts.
This is something I have thought about.

You have to allow people to load up their MtGox LTC wallets before trading happens. I'm interested in the logistics of this.

Doesn't need to be complex. Just turn on LTC deposits a while before turning on LTC trading.

Anyway, looks like Fontas has cancelled the lets-just-kill-LTC part since my previous objection.
legendary

Something like only allowing verified accounts to deposit Litecoin for the first week of it's trade should do the trick.
This is something I have thought about.

You have to allow people to load up their MtGox LTC wallets before trading happens. I'm interested in the logistics of this.
legendary

That would only limit the supply of LTC, pushing the price higher.
Activity: 574

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

Yna
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Please tell me this is a joke
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
Why did you stop pumping TRC, NMC and other coins?

Could LTC go to $25?

ahh ,  I'm going to leave this one for the kiddies to figure out.

it all sounds very promising but, and i agree that more exposure could indeed lead to a rise in price.

wrong account?

no dude , trust me i'm not fontas who ever he is .  - i first saw people pushing his name on the troll box - back then i didn't even know what the troll box was.

trust me i wouldn't bother, what i'm going to try to pump to get you to pump so i can dump? - why wouldn't i just invest in something that i think is going to rise , or my own Currency like say,  oh,  you know. Nibble?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Could LTC go to $25?

it all sounds very promising but, and i agree that more exposure could indeed lead to a rise in price.

wrong account?
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’

Could LTC go to $25?

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

Could LTC go to $25?
legendary
How high will it go then, fontas?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 910
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Pages:
Jump to: