Pages:
Author

Topic: Lucky coin Idea - page 27. (Read 33923 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
January 23, 2016, 09:39:57 AM
When you are ready drop me a pm with paypal address(gift payment, fully verified) or bank info for payment Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
January 23, 2016, 09:39:07 AM
Should there be a carry over for members who do not make that weeks list?
Or a new list each week?
How to determine who gets on list? by post time?
Will there be a cut off time to be on the list if it is not filled each week?
If not filled, will multiple entries be allowed by current list members and how/who decides on this?
Will there be a cut off time for payment each week?
If there is a non-payer, will the next member on the list be bumped up to participate or does that member just lose out on their ticket/coin?

Just my 2 satoshi....

Thanks Smiley

Well. I was going to wait till all orders are filled until the coins are posted. So for each 10 we need 10 participants.

So no cut off date and if the coins are delayed due to waitng for other sales then we will have to wait.
Does that sound reasonable?
legendary
January 23, 2016, 09:11:58 AM
OK Great. I already Asked Blazed out. I will send him the part Public keys later today so he can assign them to a number. I will try make them tonight too and then if all goes well post Monday.

I think stick to 10 right now and I can do it again in 2 weeks if there is enough interest. So dont worry if anyone misses out this time.  If it proves popular like I say I can do it every week.  

So for this weeks draw:

1) markj113
2) TheNewAnon135246
3) minerjones
4) bithalo
5) monkeynuts
6) Poloherb
7) Pistachio
Cool wttbs
9) s1lverbox
10) hedgy73

NEXT weeks Draw:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
Cool
9)
10)

I guess numbering does not matter as BlazedOut will be mixing them up anyhow.
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
January 23, 2016, 08:30:57 AM
Smile!

Limit of 1 is very OK.
Activity: 328
Merit: 100
January 22, 2016, 09:03:17 PM
if someone backs out I will take one
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
January 22, 2016, 07:43:28 PM
I'll take 1 if still available Smiley.
legendary
January 22, 2016, 07:02:22 PM
OK I sent a message to Blazedout. I can get this going probably Tuesday.
legendary
January 22, 2016, 06:20:20 PM
Ok then... I will fund 10 coins. Then give the digits of public keys to the escrow. I will know which are funded he will not. Then he assignes his own number to them 1-10 . I sell 1-10 on the thread. When all sold then the escrow puts on the thread which digits of public keys people have bought .  I then send out.  So the escrow isn't holding money but merely mixing up numbers as a second security. Also the escrow does have no idea which digits of public keys will win or lose

Is this what you meant? I'm sure an escrow will do this.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039
January 22, 2016, 05:56:06 PM
Please reserve 2 for me.
Im from UK also so should be straight forward.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
January 22, 2016, 05:49:57 PM

I may be a bit confused, but what stops gravitate from selling the coin loaded with 1BTC to a puppet account of his own?

Gravitate is a honest and trusted guy, he would not use a puppet account.

I know, and in no way am I saying we have a reason to doubt him, I'm saying that extra security can't hurt anyone. Think of it as a procedure for anyone else wanting to sell coins like this in the future.  Smiley
legendary
January 22, 2016, 05:33:18 PM
I have an idea to make it honest/transparant, let me know what you (all) think of it.

1- Gravitate asks if a reputated Escrow is willing to help, OgNasty, SebastianJu...
2- Gravitate sends Escrow the ten 3-last-public-digits
3- Escrow orders the 3-last-public-digits in a top 10 list and keeps it to himself until all ten coins are sold
4- Buyer can buy a coin (or several) and specify which number(s) they want to buy, 1 to 10. Gravitate updates the list in the sales topic.
5- Once the ten coins are sold Escrow released the top 10 list 3-last-public-digits he made in the sales topic
6- Now everybody knows what coin(s) he/she bought and Gravitate can send the coins to the buyers
7- This way Gravitate (the seller) doesn't pick which coin goes to which buyer

I may be a bit confused, but what stops gravitate from selling the coin loaded with 1BTC to a puppet account of his own?

So to replace step 4:

Have each coin labelled 1 to 10 (or any arb number) and then have an escrow generate a random sequence of the 10 numbers (or again, any arb sequence length) which the escrow keeps to himself. Then once all coins are sold/reserved, they get sold and shipped according to the number they reserved (people will still reserve in numbers 1-10, but the escrow will match it with the sequence). 

This isn't fool proof, but I guess it would be harder this way (?)

I think your change of step 4 is a good one.
legendary
January 22, 2016, 05:32:35 PM

Gravitate is a honest and trusted guy, he would not use a puppet account.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
January 22, 2016, 05:07:11 PM
I have an idea to make it honest/transparant, let me know what you (all) think of it.

1- Gravitate asks if a reputated Escrow is willing to help, OgNasty, SebastianJu...
2- Gravitate sends Escrow the ten 3-last-public-digits
3- Escrow orders the 3-last-public-digits in a top 10 list and keeps it to himself until all ten coins are sold
4- Buyer can buy a coin (or several) and specify which number(s) they want to buy, 1 to 10. Gravitate updates the list in the sales topic.
5- Once the ten coins are sold Escrow released the top 10 list 3-last-public-digits he made in the sales topic
6- Now everybody knows what coin(s) he/she bought and Gravitate can send the coins to the buyers
7- This way Gravitate (the seller) doesn't pick which coin goes to which buyer

So to replace step 4:

Have each coin labelled 1 to 10 (or any arb number) and then have an escrow generate a random sequence of the 10 numbers (or again, any arb sequence length) which the escrow keeps to himself. Then once all coins are sold/reserved, they get sold and shipped according to the number they reserved (people will still reserve in numbers 1-10, but the escrow will match it with the sequence). 

This isn't fool proof, but I guess it would be harder this way (?)
legendary
January 22, 2016, 04:37:36 PM

- Gravitate asks if a reputated Escrow is willing to help, OgNasty, SebastianJu...
- Gravitate sends Escrow the ten 3-last-public-digits
- Escrow orders the 3-last-public-digits in a top 10 list and keeps it to himself until all ten coins are sold
- Buyer can buy a coin (or several) and specify which number(s) they want to buy, 1 to 10. Gravitate updates the list in the sales topic.
- Once the ten coins are sold Escrow released the top 10 list 3-last-public-digits he made in the sales topic
- Now everybody knows what coin(s) he/she bought and Gravitate can send the coins to the buyers
- This way Gravitate (the seller) doesn't pick which coin goes to which buyer
legendary
January 22, 2016, 04:22:30 PM
I am in for 1 or 2
legendary
Activity: 1456
January 22, 2016, 02:46:15 PM
I'm in for one if out of 10 or two if out of 20.
legendary
January 22, 2016, 10:03:48 AM
Interesting option for game. I would be happy to take one coin.
I wanted to remind that other projects have been not completed. I do not want caw.  But it was strange situations in the history of Bitcoin with PRE-ORDERS

Its a valid point. I updated the thread about them and offered a small token as a gesture to display me feelings on the lateness. I did feel a bit uneasy starting this project with the other not complete yet but I am waiting for the re issue of coins and there is nothing I can do right now to speed it up
If I didn't take pre orders I would still have had the quality issue. It isnt a financial problem for anyone it is merely a delay in final production. there is no risk of me going bankrupt and there is no risk that the coins will not arrive in your hand. If they don't I will refund everyone. I always have projects planned in the physical bitcoin industry and I have had more hiccups than a slight delay so please dont be concerned by that. I will not be taking preorders for the next 2 coins this was just to speed up the project to get as close to the beginning of 2016 as possible.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
CryptoPhysical.com
January 22, 2016, 09:57:24 AM
Interesting option for game. I would be happy to take one coin.
I wanted to remind that other projects have been not completed. I do not want caw.  But it was strange situations in the history of Bitcoin with PRE-ORDERS
legendary
January 22, 2016, 09:49:39 AM
Any news about the lunar or Philosopher coins?

Yes, any news?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2-remaining-limited-edition-philosophers-coin-cryptoimperator-microsoul-1127224
This seemed to be a novel idea in buying/collecting cryptos!!

These coins are in production. i have to speak to CI about the terms of sale but they will be released soon enough.
legendary
January 22, 2016, 09:48:33 AM
For transparency (just like in a lotto, like this is), it would need to be seen that there is a named winner

I am not questioning your integrity here, far from it. I am just thinking you need to have thought of a mechanism to protect your integrity against any possible calls of foul play (from the 9 or 19 coin holders that didnt win).

Will you have any idea of which is the winning coin ? (if the winner decides not to come forward)

Love the idea though. Interested !

Will the coins appear in any way different to the standard 0.01 coins ?

To make sure this is 100% trust worthy and I do it fairly I am open to ideas to avoid a naming a winner or I can publicly name the winner if thats what you like.

The winner wins. The other people can then sell the coins at the same value they bought if the winner is not yet named. If the winner is named then the remaining unopened coins will be worth a lot less.

I was going to leave this up to the community who brought it to decide if its a good idea to tell everyone who wins or not.

ps. I will know which public address I sent the 1 BTC to as they will be funded before the sale. I will know which buyer orders the winning coin. I suppose there is a chance that I make a user name on here and buy the winning coin off myself but its not really my intention to do that. Its probably the same level of trust you have with mining pools or even with physical crypto makers in the first place. I have plenty of spare coins so if I can do this every week for 2 months then it gets a buzz going around my coins and also make the small amount of money that normally would be wasted on the spare coins.

They will 100% be identifiably different to the standard ones.

Pages:
Jump to: