Author

Topic: LUXCoin—New PHI2 PoW/PoS Hybrid—SC—SegWit—PrivateSend—PoS Web Wallet—LuxGate - page 131. (Read 130223 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
As discussed, probably best estimation is to use WTM, then subtract ~20% (so X * 0.Cool as this is approximate amount of orphan blocks, that WTM doesn't take into account by the looks of it (i.e. it can't predict those).
So it's definitely not as profitable as WTM estimates, as you've noticed

when i mine do developers get a fee? because whenever i mine lux i always get less profit that what i should, and happened with a friend as well instead of getting 1 lux we keep getting way less like 0.8 or less and i used 3 pools bosd yiimp and altminer. is it a problem with the blockchain or something?
WTM showing not quite correct numbers regarding Lux.

do you have any other profit calculator i can use?

You can calculate daily income using bitcoin formula:
Bitcoin : (userHash/(difficulty*(2^32))*blockReward*1000000000*3600*24

And of course x 0.8 for orphans. This really makes difference nowadays.
Activity: 216
Merit: 13
As discussed, probably best estimation is to use WTM, then subtract ~20% (so X * 0.Cool as this is approximate amount of orphan blocks, that WTM doesn't take into account by the looks of it (i.e. it can't predict those).
So it's definitely not as profitable as WTM estimates, as you've noticed

when i mine do developers get a fee? because whenever i mine lux i always get less profit that what i should, and happened with a friend as well instead of getting 1 lux we keep getting way less like 0.8 or less and i used 3 pools bosd yiimp and altminer. is it a problem with the blockchain or something?

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

WTM is only available right now.
Activity: 12
It seems like  the time of sorrows in the cripto market is coming. 20 $  is not such a bad price  Smiley
Activity: 100
The wallet works you just need to be patient with it. If it goes into not responding let it sit. It should come out of it.
Devs have worked hard in their caves. The wallet's technical problem with syncing will be fixed soon
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
The wallet works you just need to be patient with it. If it goes into not responding let it sit. It should come out of it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Next-Gen Blockchain Ecosystem - Luxcore.io
What are you on about? Withdrawing / sending from the wallet works fine.
You need to unlock it first (not just for staking) then go to different tab, where you can enter amount to send. Then confirm the network fee. Done.

People are not selling because they are staking and waiting for real value of Luxcore to hit to review.

Developers do not release a new wallet, because a lot of people are waiting for this to withdraw coins from local wallets and sell, SEND does not work. I assure that after the release of the purse - the price will go down! Cool

Waiting for 40 dollars as the sunrise  Smiley

the WP2.0 show us more about the LUX future update , is quite excited for waiting more and more release, but still dun know how is the smart contract work in LUX , but security is more important now... Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 12
You need to unlock it first (not just for staking) then go to different tab, where you can enter amount to send. Then confirm the network fee. Done.

People are not selling because they are staking and waiting for real value of Luxcore to hit to review.

Developers do not release a new wallet, because a lot of people are waiting for this to withdraw coins from local wallets and sell, SEND does not work. I assure that after the release of the purse - the price will go down! Cool

Waiting for 40 dollars as the sunrise  Smiley

Activity: 23
Activity: 67
If you look inside of that orphans you can see that most of them have proof-of-stake flag, that mean its from POS mining not POW.
Is it possible the laggy wallet is increasing the chances of POS orphan blocks? It might increase the chance of two wallets broadcasting a "win" within the same time frame.
Orphan blocks is completely luck-related thing, it depends of nothing.
In some particular cases, orphan blocks correlated to chainsplit, right? Luckily, those ones didn't come from chainsplit.
If you look inside of that orphans you can see that most of them have proof-of-stake flag, that mean its from POS mining not POW.
Is it possible the laggy wallet is increasing the chances of POS orphan blocks? It might increase the chance of two wallets broadcasting a "win" within the same time frame.
Orphan blocks is completely luck-related thing, it depends of nothing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 5

Activity: 294
Merit: 16
Yah its clearly more than 5% orphans.  Something not right.
Activity: 56
On unimining too, usually about 6/50 blocks, that's more then 5%
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
That's a lot of orphans in 24hrs  Sad
Dev team, check all major pools - orphans left and right. Last 24 hours every 5-10 blocks an orphan this is 10-20% orphan blocks.

http://bsod.pw/site/mining
https://altminer.net/

If you look now, last several blocks all orphans on these major pools

altminer has 0.016, so low too.
Why so many orphaned blocks, what are they?
Most of this orphans is a POS blocks, and the rest POW orphans amount is withing normal limits.

So how to calculate profit then? How much should I lower profit vs standard formula?
Well having orphans withing 5% limits is a normal. About calculation of profit, only way to do it as I know is using WTM, and I guessing they consider that aspect.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
Can I stake LUXcoin at the moment? How long needed before the wallet activated for staking?

Yes you can stake LUX now. Just leave your wallet open and let the coins mature for 36 hours. You can see your weight in the wallet by hovering over the staking icon. It will give you an estimate of how often you should expect to stake.
Jump to: