Pages:
Author

Topic: Macbook stolen in 2010! 1200 BTC on it! HELP! - page 4. (Read 6590 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 502
If the macbook was stolen in 2010.
Why now?
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
"African American" is the currently accepted term for an American of African ancestry.  

It replaces "Negro" and "Black" and several other terms which were, evidently, used in a racist way often enough for the people to start to feel that those terms were in themselves insulting.  

I suppose, for some reason I'm unaware of, that the same fate might not befall "African American."  I sincerely hope that it doesn't anyway; I'm tired of retconning language every few years just because assholes keep right on being assholes when they adopt a new term along with the rest of the world.  But I've never yet seen a new term that can convince assholes to stop being assholes and loading whatever term they use with their own asshole sentiments, so I'm dubious about the process.

Wow you seem more butthurt than myself today
Going through my Gmail account to try and find where this crap is at ! It might even be on a stupid photobucket to be honest ... this just sucks because now my roomie who brought this to my attention is claiming it was his $ that purchased the BTC, but that does not matter I just want to salvage this computer, if the drive was wiped is there a way to send it in to a forensics lab to retrieve old data to obtain the wallet??
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
"African American" is the currently accepted term for an American of African ancestry.  

It replaces "Negro" and "Black" and several other terms which were, evidently, used in a racist way often enough for the people to start to feel that those terms were in themselves insulting.  

I suppose, for some reason I'm unaware of, that the same fate might not befall "African American."  I sincerely hope that it doesn't anyway; I'm tired of retconning language every few years just because assholes keep right on being assholes when they adopt a new term along with the rest of the world.  But I've never yet seen a new term that can convince assholes to stop being assholes and loading whatever term they use with their own asshole sentiments, so I'm dubious about the process.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
So I guess this makes BTC bullish?

Lots BTC = Donation to everyone else holding BTC.

Just like that guy who lost 7000 BTC in a computer sent to a landfill.

It really doesn't matter I just want to get my Macbook back because of a photo file of my grandmother LETS JUST SAY THATS what im trying to recover instead to stop the speculations

But we all know that's not true.

Not a speculation if you claim something to be true.

It really doesn't matter I just want to get my Macbook back because of a photo file of my grandmother LETS JUST SAY THATS what im trying to recover instead to stop the speculations
Activity: 222
Merit: 101
If he was using the standard client there was no encrypted wallet.dat back in 2010, trust me on this one.

Good point. OP are you able to access the cloud storage where you say you stored the file?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012
Did you just wake from a coma as well?

negative, but I was in a bad car accident in 2010 and was on bedrest for awhile and thought I traded the BTC for WoW GOLD ...(found out about BTC after i sold WOW Gold to someone in 2010 that mentioned BTC)

So, why did you wait four years to make this thread?
What type of services??

How much and where do i start??

(TIPPING BTC FOR GOOD ADVICE-- Post address below!)

You need the wallet.dat file. The recovery services are to unencrypt the file. See here:

Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services - for forgotten wallet password
If he was using the standard client there was no encrypted wallet.dat back in 2010, trust me on this one.

So the files are not encrypted which means?HuhHuh

No point in finding the computer or whats the deal?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

negative, but I was in a bad car accident in 2010 and was on bedrest for awhile and thought I traded the BTC for WoW GOLD ...(found out about BTC after i sold WOW Gold to someone in 2010 that mentioned BTC)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
If you are for real i'll try helping out, free of charge btw.. Pm me
donator
Activity: 1617
What type of services??

You need the wallet.dat file. The recovery services are to unencrypt the file. See here:

legendary
Activity: 1512
simple.

you don't use "time machine".

you are a looser.

Think different.

(princeless)
wow

It would be difficult to get back.

Do you know the public key?

Maybe the money has been spent.

idk anything besides the Macbooks information (serial number, box, receipt with date or purchase and a Police report when the Macbook was stolen in 2010)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Activity: 338
Merit: 253
Don't worry trance. I know personally all the drug dealing African Americans in St. Petersburg and I am sure I can convince him to give it back. Which one was it?
Activity: 222
Merit: 101
February 22, 2014, 06:19:46 PM
What type of services??

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 22, 2014, 06:18:43 PM
I'm from Europe.
What does it mean african American? What is it ?
It is American who is living in Africa or guy from Africa who is living in America ?
Anyway... You MacBook is gone forever.
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
February 22, 2014, 06:16:55 PM
Pages:
Jump to: